FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Equality Vote!!

Equality Vote!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odie 101 OP   Couple  over a year ago

wouldnt you like to know

Im just curious as too how many of u will bother to vote...Its a BIG YES from me....!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"Im just curious as too how many of u will bother to vote...Its a BIG YES from me....!!!"
im voting yes

wouldnt you like to know

"Im just curious as too how many of u will bother to vote...Its a BIG YES from me....!!! im voting yes"

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Yes from me and 3 of my kids

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

I think everyone on Fab will vote yes

as we very openminded here

Mrs crazy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Being a fabber you learn to know that every1 is different and its a crying shame that in this day and age ppl still jave to hide who they really are on sites like this and as bad as us couples are & bi fem a nd bi fellas

being gay is still seen as being dirty wrong.

each to there own i say and fight the good fight it will only make you stronger

and my heart goes out to all that have struhgled through this

wouldnt you like to know

Brillant...xxxx

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

I'd vote no. I don't believe that marriage should be a state entity, it should be religious.

There should be a seperate state system set up where any person can join their rights with any other person, male, female, gender neutral, brother, sister, more than one person.

Basically I think if two sisters get old, didnt have any kids, live in the family home together, and are not interested in moving out to get men, then they should be able to combine their rights and adopt, or get loans out together, or benefit from tax breaks like married people do.

I dunno if I have made myself clear or not, but I say no to anything to do with marriage.

It's a definite yes from me ... Everyone deserves happiness

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

A yes for me too.....

By *ong riderMan  over a year ago

belfast

"I'd vote no. I don't believe that marriage should be a state entity, it should be religious.

There should be a seperate state system set up where any person can join their rights with any other person, male, female, gender neutral, brother, sister, more than one person.

Basically I think if two sisters get old, didnt have any kids, live in the family home together, and are not interested in moving out to get men, then they should be able to combine their rights and adopt, or get loans out together, or benefit from tax breaks like married people do.

I dunno if I have made myself clear or not, but I say no to anything to do with marriage."

Hehe and this is where the ignorance kicks in...terrible analogy

By *ale4U2Man  over a year ago

Nearby

Of course YES .. I think if two people love each other and are committed to each other then why not !! I would hate to think that if one of my kids were Gay and the others weren't, that that kid couldn't have the same rights as his/her siblings ...

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"I'd vote no. I don't believe that marriage should be a state entity, it should be religious.

I dunno if I have made myself clear or not, but I say no to anything to do with marriage."

I'm sorry what a ridiculous thing to say.

wouldnt you like to know

"Yes from me and 3 of my kids "

wouldnt you like to know

"It's a definite yes from me ... Everyone deserves happiness "

City

"Hehe and this is where the ignorance kicks in...terrible analogy"

hehe, its ignorant to believe an archaic tradition like marriage has any place in a modern forward thinking society, its a backwards concept hehe

wouldnt you like to know

"A yes for me too.....

"

wouldnt you like to know

"Of course YES .. I think if two people love each other and are committed to each other then why not !! I would hate to think that if one of my kids were Gay and the others weren't, that that kid couldn't have the same rights as his/her siblings ... "

City

"I'm sorry what a ridiculous thing to say.

"

Not as ridiculous as thinking giving two gay men rights that two straight men dont have is equality. Thats absurdly ridiculous.

wouldnt you like to know

Dude im sorry but ur missinformed and full of shit..wat if u had kids it is not their RIGHT to be happy regardless of who they love..How many Straight ppl have put their kids in foster care..When gay cpls have to fight just to have kids WAKE UP FFS

wouldnt you like to know

As for Religon Really..yea cos the Church did such a good job lookin after all those kids ....cop on

Id say no...being gay is against my religion and Jesus has no place in his heart for same sex love..now id better rush off , ive work to do in my constituency office....

..oohh Jesus we all love u....

..even thou you've made some men gay...

..(all together)

..ohh Jesus we,all love u....

..oops..ne bad..

wouldnt you like to know

"Id say no...being gay is against my religion and Jesus has no place in his heart for same sex love..now id better rush off , ive work to do in my constituency office....

U bettet be taken the piss

..(all together)

..oops..ne bad.. "

City

"Dude im sorry but ur missinformed and full of shit..wat if u had kids it is not their RIGHT to be happy regardless of who they love..How many Straight ppl have put their kids in foster care..When gay cpls have to fight just to have kids WAKE UP FFS"

Sorry, but have you been drinking because I didnt say any of that. I said gay people, bisexual people, brothers, sisters, families should be able to adopt.

So what the fuck are you actually having a go at me about?

Nearby

"As for Religon Really..yea cos the Church did such a good job lookin after all those kids ....cop on"

And who really believes in the fairytale of Adam and Eve lol ... Church has held all forward thinking back since the dawn of time .. Good on us Jodie well said x

Nearby

U I meant lol

wouldnt you like to know

U said and i quote..U Vote No

wouldnt you like to know

"As for Religon Really..yea cos the Church did such a good job lookin after all those kids ....cop on

And who really believes in the fairytale of Adam and Eve lol ... Church has held all forward thinking back since the dawn of time .. Good on us Jodie well said x"

Thank u..x

"Id say no...being gay is against my religion and Jesus has no place in his heart for same sex love..now id better rush off , ive work to do in my constituency office....

..(all together)

..oops..ne bad.. "

Nooooooo....i really am bad..

wouldnt you like to know

..(all together)

..oops..ne bad..

Nooooooo....i really am bad.. "

Sad Sad Sad

wouldnt you like to know

"Im just curious as too how many of u will bother to vote...Its a BIG YES from me....!!! im voting yes"

wouldnt you like to know

"Yes from me and 3 of my kids "

wouldnt you like to know

"I think everyone on Fab will vote yes

as we very openminded here

Mrs crazy "

I jad a dog once my best friend.

but one day i seen him try ride another dog!

but little did i know an older man seen this happen and killed my dog by smaching a brick off his head and told me this is not how god wants things to be

so my question to god is who you tather we killed in your name or found love in ur name

true story 1989

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"Dude im sorry but ur missinformed and full of shit..wat if u had kids it is not their RIGHT to be happy regardless of who they love..How many Straight ppl have put their kids in foster care..When gay cpls have to fight just to have kids WAKE UP FFS

Sorry, but have you been drinking because I didnt say any of that. I said gay people, bisexual people, brothers, sisters, families should be able to adopt.

So what the fuck are you actually having a go at me about?"

i dont think you made yourself clear and you did say you would vote no and relax dude this is a place of love not fighting

Not as ridiculous as thinking giving two gay men rights that two straight men dont have is equality. Thats absurdly ridiculous."

Why wont straight men have the same right?

Nearby

Not as ridiculous as thinking giving two gay men rights that two straight men dont have is equality. Thats absurdly ridiculous.

Why wont straight men have the same

right?"

Was wondering the same thing .. Like what would I be missing out on ?? Pmsl

right?

Was wondering the same thing .. Like what would I be missing out on ?? Pmsl"

I was kinda confused by his initial point too so that had me baffled too.

I dont have a problem with someone expressing their no vote, i just wasn't understanding his point to be honest

The group canvassing for a no vote are a joke. One of their arguments is that it's bad for children and that children deserve a mother and father.

I wonder would the same people be up in arms against all the parents who think it's ok to walk away from their childre?

I doubt they'll be canvassing on behalf of single parents, should the time come, using the same argument.

Idiots.

A child deserves two parents who love them, who have the same rights, are equal to everyone else in the country and who will stick around. End of.

Needless to say, I will be voting yes. Everyone should be treated equally in this day and age.

wouldnt you like to know

OMG WTF its not that hard to comprehend ....Yes Or No. We all deserve to live a happy life gay or straight!!

"The group canvassing for a no vote are a joke. One of their arguments is that it's bad for children and that children deserve a mother and father.

I wonder would the same people be up in arms against all the parents who think it's ok to walk away from their childre?

I doubt they'll be canvassing on behalf of single parents, should the time come, using the same argument.

Idiots.

A child deserves two parents who love them, who have the same rights, are equal to everyone else in the country and who will stick around. End of.

Needless to say, I will be voting yes. Everyone should be treated equally in this day and age."

Are you trying to say that a gay couple will automatically make great parents?

Nearby

right?

I dont have a problem with someone expressing their no vote, i just wasn't understanding his point to be honest"

Absolutely.. We are a democracy, everyone may vote as they wish. There seems to be a lot of misinformation and plain ignorance about the issue and a lot of prejudice towards Gay people ... Live and let live ..it's not my bag , but who knows .. It could be one of my kids in the future ...

"The group canvassing for a no vote are a joke. One of their arguments is that it's bad for children and that children deserve a mother and father.

Idiots.

Needless to say, I will be voting yes. Everyone should be treated equally in this day and age."

Why not three parents?

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 00:08:13]

wouldnt you like to know

right?

I dont have a problem with someone expressing their no vote, i just wasn't understanding his point to be honest

Absolutely.. We are a democracy, everyone may vote as they wish. There seems to be a lot of misinformation and plain ignorance about the issue and a lot of prejudice towards Gay people ... Live and let live ..it's not my bag , but who knows .. It could be one of my kids in the future ... "

wouldnt you like to know

right?

Absolutely.. We are a democracy, everyone may vote as they wish. There seems to be a lot of misinformation and plain ignorance about the issue and a lot of prejudice towards Gay people ... Live and let live ..it's not my bag , but who knows .. It could be one of my kids in the future ... "

I'm voting yes, fuck it why not? Everyone deserves to be equal and a few of my mates are gay, I'd love to see them be able to get married.

wouldnt you like to know

"I'm voting yes, fuck it why not? Everyone deserves to be equal and a few of my mates are gay, I'd love to see them be able to get married."

Nice one x

"I'm voting yes, fuck it why not? Everyone deserves to be equal and a few of my mates are gay, I'd love to see them be able to get married.

Nice one x"

I'm just a big softie deep down

City

My initial point is I dont believe in marriage.

I think any two people or more should be able to adopt a kid. A couple living together who have no kids and dont believe in marriage, A group of brothers and sisters, a few friends who want to join their rights and promist to give the kid a home.

I think forcing people to get married to adopt is backwards. I think the whole concept of rewarding people for getting married is backwards.

I think people should be able to sign a legal agreement "I agree to raise this child with x,y,z" and that should be the end of it. If they are fit let them. I think the same should be for financial stuff "I agree to bear this debt with this person".. If you want a home "I agree to rais a family with this person in this home" and get tax breaks for doing it.

Should be a legal agreement, get rid of the romance, the love, the anger, the divorce. Legal agreements.

Im not saying gay men shouldnt be able to get married, I am saying 20 gay men should be able to adopt a kid if they all agree to it legally. It shouldnt be called marriage, marriage should be left in the history books as a religious thing.

"My initial point is I dont believe in marriage.

I think any two people or more should be able to adopt a kid. A couple living together who have no kids and dont believe in marriage, A group of brothers and sisters, a few friends who want to join their rights and promist to give the kid a home.

I think forcing people to get married to adopt is backwards. I think the whole concept of rewarding people for getting married is backwards.

I think people should be able to sign a legal agreement "I agree to raise this child with x,y,z" and that should be the end of it. If they are fit let them. I think the same should be for financial stuff "I agree to bear this debt with this person".. If you want a home "I agree to rais a family with this person in this home" and get tax breaks for doing it.

Should be a legal agreement, get rid of the romance, the love, the anger, the divorce. Legal agreements.

Im not saying gay men shouldnt be able to get married, I am saying 20 gay men should be able to adopt a kid if they all agree to it legally. It shouldnt be called marriage, marriage should be left in the history books as a religious thing."

The referendum is solely about the issue of marriage equality, or not, for same sex couples. It has nothing to do with children or adoption...thats dealt with under the Children and Family Relationships 2015 bill.

Im not saying gay men shouldnt be able to get married, I am saying 20 gay men should be able to adopt a kid if they all agree to it legally. It shouldnt be called marriage, marriage should be left in the history books as a religious thing.

The referendum is solely about the issue of marriage equality, or not, for same sex couples. It has nothing to do with children or adoption...thats dealt with under the Children and Family Relationships 2015 bill."

Finally I can agree with bananaman it's a marriage referendum nothing more nothing less, there's nothing archaic about marriage either so people see it as a way of showing love and commitment.

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

Im not saying gay men shouldnt be able to get married, I am saying 20 gay men should be able to adopt a kid if they all agree to it legally. It shouldnt be called marriage, marriage should be left in the history books as a religious thing."

I agree with you but just because I'm not an advocate of marriage doesn't mean that others that are should be disallowed because of their sexuality. So I'll be voting yes.

Also it's got absolutely nothing to do with religion? so I've no idea why it's being brought up as if it has.

The church bit of a marriage is a huge fancy, expensive decoration at the end of the day, whatever you believe.

A religious marriage isn't a legal marriage.

The marriage itself is -Marriage is a unique legal status conferred by and recognised by governments the world over. It brings with it a host of reciprocal obligations, rights and protections.

(marraigeequality.ie)

"Also it's got absolutely nothing to do with religion? so I've no idea why it's being brought up as if it has.

The church bit of a marriage is a huge fancy, expensive decoration at the end of the day, whatever you believe.

The marriage itself is -Marriage is a unique legal status conferred by and recognised by governments the world over. It brings with it a host of reciprocal obligations, rights and protections.

(marriagequality.ie) "

My apologies, link was wrong

wouldnt you like to know

"Also it's got absolutely nothing to do with religion? so I've no idea why it's being brought up as if it has.

(marraigeequality.ie) "

wouldnt you like to know

Thanks for that..yea Religon has Fuck all to do with it..The Catholic Church shud have No say after the wrong doin they have done..Its about been who u are ..live and ley live xxxx

"Thanks for that..yea Religon has Fuck all to do with it..The Catholic Church shud have No say after the wrong doin they have done..Its about been who u are ..live and ley live xxxx"

This

By *rishpleasureMan  over a year ago

about

What a one minded post. Even though the OP asked for people's choice anyone with an opposite view seems to be set upon.

While I will vote yes I do not like how the yes campaign is being run. Not all straight couples or church entities are evil and yes they are entitled to as much a say as any other group. Welcome to a democracy.

I note the OP has two profiles with both contributing in this post. I do hope that different people are commenting from each person.

after reading this post, anyone who is considering a no is going to say nothing for fear of being set upon. Where is the intolerance now?

Rant over. enjoy your day and vote as you wish!

By *hoosyhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

any

"It's a definite yes from me ... Everyone deserves happiness "

wouldnt you like to know

"What a one minded post. Even though the OP asked for people's choice anyone with an opposite view seems to be set upon.

While I will vote yes I do not like how the yes campaign is being run. Not all straight couples or church entities are evil and yes they are entitled to as much a say as any other group. Welcome to a democracy.

I note the OP has two profiles with both contributing in this post. I do hope that different people are commenting from each person.

after reading this post, anyone who is considering a no is going to say nothing for fear of being set upon. Where is the intolerance now?

Rant over. enjoy your day and vote as you wish!"

Yes there are Mr and Mrs here and yes i did get annoyed when certin things were said.Mrs here!! Its not how i intended the thred to go and i must apologise for that..eveybody Is entilted to their opinion...Its just sad in this day and age were even still talkin about all this stuff!!!!

"What a one minded post. Even though the OP asked for people's choice anyone with an opposite view seems to be set upon.

Rant over. enjoy your day and vote as you wish!"

I would have zero problem expressing my no vote, if thats the way i was going to vote.

I just havent decided yet, but i certainly wouldnt be cowaring away because of some d*unken lout on the internet

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

YES

I'm afraid mine is a no. To lowering the Presidents age for office, the equality vote of course gets a big YES!

Just let people be and live how they want to. the powers that be should have no say. I Don't care how they live or what they have to say. As I am Sure how I live and what I say means little to them. Marriage is important to some and not important to others. Each to their own and happiness to all in whatever way they choose

"I'm afraid mine is a no. To lowering the Presidents age for office, the equality vote of course gets a big YES!"

Imagine if they lowered the age of presidency? I could be president

"I'm afraid mine is a no. To lowering the Presidents age for office, the equality vote of course gets a big YES!

Imagine if they lowered the age of presidency? I could be president "

Hmmmm? You'd want to be King though, no?

"I'm afraid mine is a no. To lowering the Presidents age for office, the equality vote of course gets a big YES!

Imagine if they lowered the age of presidency? I could be president

Hmmmm? You'd want to be King though, no?"

I never chose the crown, the crown chose me

I can't believe, in this day and age, that we have to hold a referendum for this!

I'm struggling whether to vote or not....

Shouldn't this be passed without putting out to the public?

Are there still people in this country who are still narrow minded enough to not want this or am I the one who's narrow minded??

#confused

"I can't believe, in this day and age, that we have to hold a referendum for this!

I'm struggling whether to vote or not....

Shouldn't this be passed without putting out to the public?

Are there still people in this country who are still narrow minded enough to not want this or am I the one who's narrow minded??

#confused

"

There was a lady on the news saying she was gonna vote no because she didn't think traditional parents should be listed as 'parent 1' & 'parent 2' instead of 'Mother' & 'Father'. A lot of misinformation is being bandied around. So yes Fooey.

Think it's funny that a country that took "illegitimate" children from their parents now insist a child needs both a mother and father

"Think it's funny that a country that took "illegitimate" children from their parents now insist a child needs both a mother and father "

What had that got to do with the marriage equality vote?

By *rishpleasureMan  over a year ago

about

Thank you for the clarification Jodie.

reading this I wonder do people understand what the vote is actually about?

"Thank you for the clarification Jodie.

reading this I wonder do people understand what the vote is actually about?"

Not a fucking hope

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc

no safe ...what a load of horse shit.

Im voting YES !!! EVERYONE deserves to be happy and to get married whatever sexuality they are ! We all deserve to have it .

If one or all of my boys are gay i want them to be able to get married to their partner if they choose it

cc

We have been together 15 years. If I were to take ill my partner is not my next of kin and would have no say in my medical care or funeral for that matter....surely that can't be right in this day and age? Please vote yes it will make no difference to you but it will to us

wouldnt you like to know

"We have been together 15 years. If I were to take ill my partner is not my next of kin and would have no say in my medical care or funeral for that matter....surely that can't be right in this day and age? Please vote yes it will make no difference to you but it will to us"

wouldnt you like to know

"We have been together 15 years. If I were to take ill my partner is not my next of kin and would have no say in my medical care or funeral for that matter....surely that can't be right in this day and age? Please vote yes it will make no difference to you but it will to us"

No its not bloody right..x

"no safe ...what a load of horse shit. "

Would you bet he isn't responsible for any children?, I would.

Down with this sort of thing...

What about a civil partnership? Would that not take care of those issues?

cc

A very valid point but we will never enter a civil partnership... we're either worthy to be married or not....would you accept being considered a second class citizen of this republic of ours? I bet not.

"A very valid point but we will never enter a civil partnership... we're either worthy to be married or not....would you accept being considered a second class citizen of this republic of ours? I bet not. "

No, but i guess its important for people to know that that issue in particular and most other legal and taxation differences are already equalised with the existence of the civil partnership option

cc

An option which you find untenable is no option at all....the very term civil partnership as Mrs Brown would say....what the fuck is that suppose to mean? We are either equal or not and as I said before please vote yes it will mean a lot to us.

All four in my house are voting yes

"Think it's funny that a country that took "illegitimate" children from their parents now insist a child needs both a mother and father

What had that got to do with the marriage equality vote?"

Nothing got to do with it, I'm simply pointing out the irony.

Full support to gay marriages from me. Governments are not moving quick enough to give more freedom and rights back to where these belong - with The People.

wouldnt you like to know

"Full support to gay marriages from me. Governments are not moving quick enough to give more freedom and rights back to where these belong - with The People."

cc

Full support to gay marriages from me. Governments are not moving quick enough to give more freedom and rights back to where these belong - with The People.

cc

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all on this post who intend to vote in favour of same sex marriage. Ireland stands centre stage as the world watches on to see if times have really changed for Ireland's gay sons and daughters. Please continue to advocate a yes vote xxx

Does anyone care if we lower the Presidential candidate age?

"Does anyone care if we lower the Presidential candidate age?

"

I wouldn't mind if they took the age even lower, to maybe 16. It would give more voice to the future generation of tax payers. Presidents tend to be older anyway and I do not think this will change when another administrative barrier goes down. Life will just continue in it's natural order.

"

Nope. Sure they can do feck all anyway.

wouldnt you like to know

"I'd just like to say a big thank you to all on this post who intend to vote in favour of same sex marriage. Ireland stands centre stage as the world watches on to see if times have really changed for Ireland's gay sons and daughters. Please continue to advocate a yes vote xxx"

city

"

insted of lowering the age,I think we should get rid of the president. They do diddly anyway and just cost us money...

insted of lowering the age,I think we should get rid of the president. They do diddly anyway and just cost us money..."

I have to agree with you, the president does nothing except enjoying going to this place & that place, this event & another event! It's the Taoiseach that runs this country, the Catholic church partly, not the President!

Nearby

"I'd just like to say a big thank you to all on this post who intend to vote in favour of same sex marriage. Ireland stands centre stage as the world watches on to see if times have really changed for Ireland's gay sons and daughters. Please continue to advocate a yes vote xxx

"

I find it quite sad that those who are voting no, for whatever reason, be that religious or otherwise are instantly branded as homophobic..

and a witch hunt usually ensues upon them..

The reason why(in most cases) people who choose to vote yes are doing so is because they are liberal, open to new ideas and respecting others behaviours and opinions..

They then contradict themselves by refusing to acknowledge the difference in options/views that those voting no may have..

this is something which has been bugging me throughout the campaign, i am voting yes myself but it sickens me that in this day and age people can feel scared to voice their own opinions on important matters such as this, for fear of being verbally attacked.

This is what i have seen, someone says they are voting no for whatever reason, followed by accusations of being homophobic,small minded etc by those involved in the conversation.

I think i made my point? i dont know really.. not here for a debate or to put up with keyboard warriors or sorts..

That is all

Voting yes too. I think those posters for the vote no campaign are absolutely horrendous and should not be allowed to stay up. Who are they to define marriage and say what kids want and deserve.

I'll be voting yes its time to move out of the dark ages

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Marriage and the family is protected in the irish constitution,civil partnerships aren't. Ill be voting yes but ppl should be allowed to voice their opposition to it if they feel that way

And I think the age limit of presidents should be scrapped altogether,I dream of the day when we can have a big cute baby president

city

"Marriage and the family is protected in the irish constitution,civil partnerships aren't. Ill be voting yes but ppl should be allowed to voice their opposition to it if they feel that way

And I think the age limit of presidents should be scrapped altogether,I dream of the day when we can have a big cute baby president"

Haiti had a baby as president and look at the carnage he left behind.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"

And I think the age limit of presidents should be scrapped altogether,I dream of the day when we can have a big cute baby president"

Sure haven't we the closest thing to that already?

"

And I think the age limit of presidents should be scrapped altogether,I dream of the day when we can have a big cute baby president

Sure haven't we the closest thing to that already?

"

Sure he's only knee high to a grasshopper!

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

If I were a gay person I would be quite insulted that this had to be voted on....it's as ridiculous as voteing if two ppl with red hair should be allowed marry....and before anyone says it I do realise in a democracy it has to go to a vote.....

» Add a new message to this topic