FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > So tempted to change my age.

So tempted to change my age.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

I pride myself on the fact that my profile is 100% truthful, (anyone who's met me can confirm this) but I'm noticing so many profiles that I'm attracted to and then BAM!.. upper limit of 35 for guys.

I'd love to be able to just roll back a few years* just to be able to send a nice message saying "I know I'm outside your range, but gimme a chance!"

Anyone else ever get this feeling?

*I'm not going to do it, it would be dishonest...ya just gotta move on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Major pet hate when folk lie (big time) about age

Dublin

"Major pet hate when folk lie (big time) about age"

I know. That's why I won't do it.

"Major pet hate when folk lie (big time) about age

I know. That's why I won't do it. "

Changing it 4-5 years either side of your age is fine but some 10 years +

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Never mind age, there are some around here who change their arses and their bellies!

Dublin

Changing it 4-5 years either side of your age is fine but some 10 years +"

I wouldn't mind too much if others did it but I wouldn't be happy with myself if I did. I couldn't in good conscience put "genuine" on my profile if my age wasn't correct.

We re gonna be screwed when we hit the big 50 next year lol,seriously tho John no point you are who you are and think of all the extra experience you ve had in the added years

Dublin

"We re gonna be screwed when we hit the big 50 next year lol,seriously tho John no point you are who you are and think of all the extra experience you ve had in the added years"

Hahahah who says I've learned anything?

We're the opposite John,we get lots of messages from younger lads saying "love to meet you"and when we point out we"re outside there age range their back pedalling is hilarious

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

Completely understand your issue ...but you have got to respect a person preference ...but that's what they are just preferences like me not being interested in smokers... Don't change it ....will stand to you...actually you may find there will be profiles expanding their age range based on reading this thread ...

Have to agree it's a huge problem here. Either there are some serious lies being told or some people have had excruciating hard lives, bless em

I had a coffee meet way back when and the guy told me he was 35. We met and he looked absolutely nothing like his pics. I won't even tell you about the amount of times I walked past him where we met. The minute I sat down he said sorry. He said they were old photo's he had used. Funnily I never said a word about it to him, just listened. I felt sad to be honest. We had coffee and I never seen him again and he left the site.

2-3 years some people can get away with I guess but some people are loosing whole decades

I have since used age filters.

Pmsl....now you lot will laugh..but had a coffee meet and the couple joked why had xxplicit sent his young fella along, could he not make it himself...imao..

"Pmsl....now you lot will laugh..but had a coffee meet and the couple joked why had xxplicit sent his young fella along, could he not make it himself...imao.."

"Pmsl....now you lot will laugh..but had a coffee meet and the couple joked why had xxplicit sent his young fella along, could he not make it himself...imao..

"

No playin on schoolnights

"Pmsl....now you lot will laugh..but had a coffee meet and the couple joked why had xxplicit sent his young fella along, could he not make it himself...imao.."

Lol

Changing it 4-5 years either side of your age is fine but some 10 years +"

No it's not ok not any amount of years

Melody: I have been tempted to change my age to get a message to you but. Same as john I think it's bad.

A guy asked to meet for coffee once his profile said he was 42. Turns out he was retired when I asked about his age on his profile, he said he couldn't figure out how to change it.... Short coffee meet!

I find sometimes going to mail somebody the same age as you and it comes up your out of their age range! They are only looking to meet 30 to 40 and they are 43

Often find I'm too young when I go to mail people

By *ccasionalcpl101Couple  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden

Ah no don't cha nge your age nothing we hate worse than men who have down they are example 40 then we cam with them to chat face to face or they send a face picture and they are about 60 (has happened). I always wonder who they are trying to kid.

xx Minx

I always think I'm a terrible judge of age...

The Garden of Eden

"I always think I'm a terrible judge of age...

"

But we all have our likes/ dislikes for me I go by my parents age. My mam and dad are both 52 so I don't like to meet people their age. I know this sometimes offends people but we all have our own likes/ dislikes.

"Melody: I have been tempted to change my age to get a message to you but. Same as john I think it's bad.

A guy asked to meet for coffee once his profile said he was 42. Turns out he was retired when I asked about his age on his profile, he said he couldn't figure out how to change it.... Short coffee meet!"

I had a feeling I wasn't the only person it's happened to. I'm not sure if I'm right to have capped the age limit. I'm sure I am missing out on some gems for sure but I was getting messages from people who I thought were not the age they claimed to be.

But we all have our likes/ dislikes for me I go by my parents age. My mam and dad are both 52 so I don't like to meet people their age. I know this sometimes offends people but we all have our own likes/ dislikes."

This is exactly how I picked my upper limit!

I've my limits in place for a reason though considering raising my lower age limit. Have met a few who have admitted lying about their age and its been annoying. Much rather bloke admit his real age then lie about it just to increase his chances of a meet

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Changing it 4-5 years either side of your age is fine but some 10 years +

No it's not ok not any amount of years "

hear hear

im 40 in cpl of months and proud of my life experience

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

But we all have our likes/ dislikes for me I go by my parents age. My mam and dad are both 52 so I don't like to meet people their age. I know this sometimes offends people but we all have our own likes/ dislikes.

This is exactly how I picked my upper limit! "

Me too. Anyone over 99 is out of the question!

kildare

Meant 38

But we all have our likes/ dislikes for me I go by my parents age. My mam and dad are both 52 so I don't like to meet people their age. I know this sometimes offends people but we all have our own likes/ dislikes."

And we have a 24yr old daughter so we like over 35ish...makes perfect sense

kildare

This is exactly how I picked my upper limit!

Me too. Anyone over 99 is out of the question! "

id never say never micheal

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

I'm a couple of years older than my profile age but it was only because my age was so distinctive in my first profile, so when I set up my new profile I changed it. But I would always make it clear to anyone before they would get any further than coffee. .. Never had anyone have a problem about it.

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Not too bothered about age....we have met ppl from 24 to 58 the one thing we had in common was a willingness to have fun...age was a side issue

"Not too bothered about age....we have met ppl from 24 to 58 the one thing we had in common was a willingness to have fun...age was a side issue"

I've broken my age limit before, on both ends of the scale, sometimes when you click with someone it just doesn't matter

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

I'm actually 56. Shhhhh keep it to yourself!!!! Glad I got that off my chest, I feel so much better

"I'm actually 56. Shhhhh keep it to yourself!!!! Glad I got that off my chest, I feel so much better O"

We should hook up,we're into people 30 years older

otherside of nowhere

"I'm actually 56. Shhhhh keep it to yourself!!!! Glad I got that off my chest, I feel so much better O

We should hook up,we're into people 30 years older"

Lol

By *oughandCurvyCouple  over a year ago

galway

I met a guy online when I was 18 his profile said he was 23, it turned out he was in his 50s! When I called him out on it his attitude was "everyone tell white lies about their age" I think 30 years is a bit more than a white lie haha! I think it's easier have an age limit on your profile and make exceptions for the right people ratger than having none and have to make excuses if the person is older than your comfortable with.

By *ean299Man  over a year ago

Lucan

My age is accurate - so much so it actually changed on my birthday. I did consider changing but you only get one chance to change it on your profile.

My age is real as are my pictures - they were taken on the day they were posted. So what you see is what you get.

I am outside the age range of most people on here. This is frustrating when I cannot message people whose profiles catch my eye. I fully understand people having their own limits but do give us older guys a chance - you never know but you might be missing out on great company, good sex, and be very pleasantly surprised.

By *itreMan  over a year ago

killarney

Again, agree with the comments...but what about a guy being in mid fifties!! There are only a handful of profiles that accept a mail..

Guess there is a message there somewhere..but don't feel like I am over the hill!!

Think we should have a week where profiles are opened to over 40's mail! Lol

"Never mind age, there are some around here who change their arses and their bellies! "

Hahahahaha that's class

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

"I'm actually 56. Shhhhh keep it to yourself!!!! Glad I got that off my chest, I feel so much better O

We should hook up,we're into people 30 years older"

We should discuss this matter further when in Cork I believe...

The Garden of Eden

And we have a 24yr old daughter so we like over 35ish...makes perfect sense "

We will be in the same boat when I get to my 40's, started having kids at 16 lol!

"We re gonna be screwed when we hit the big 50 next year lol,seriously tho John no point you are who you are and think of all the extra experience you ve had in the added years

Hahahah who says I've learned anything?"

ah John you know plenty! And I'm proof that you will all be screwed when ye turn 50!!! (Mind you... i don't look 50, don't feel 50 & don't Act 50...I LOVE Younger Guys btw lol

)

"I pride myself on the fact that my profile is 100% truthful, (anyone who's met me can confirm this) but I'm noticing so many profiles that I'm attracted to and then BAM!.. upper limit of 35 for guys.

I'd love to be able to just roll back a few years* just to be able to send a nice message saying "I know I'm outside your range, but gimme a chance!"

*I'm not going to do it, it would be dishonest...ya just gotta move on."

Happens both ways eg I'm over your age limit

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"I pride myself on the fact that my profile is 100% truthful, (anyone who's met me can confirm this) but I'm noticing so many profiles that I'm attracted to and then BAM!.. upper limit of 35 for guys.

Happens both ways eg I'm over your age limit "

yayyyyy love u

it's tough, you'll soon exceed my age range lol

Dublin

Happens both ways eg I'm over your age limit "

And you're not looking for single guys!

Dublin

"it's tough, you'll soon exceed my age range lol"

We better meet soon then, eh?

And you're not looking for single guys! "

I just notice that you want younger ladies to give you a chance but you have an upper age limit of 50 so you aren't giving ladies over 50 a chance??

Happens both ways eg I'm over your age limit yayyyyy love u "

Ditto xxxxxx

Dublin

And you're not looking for single guys!

I just notice that you want younger ladies to give you a chance but you have an upper age limit of 50 so you aren't giving ladies over 50 a chance??"

I shouldn't have over 50s blocked. If I do I'll change that.

I'm flexible... I'll give over 50s a chance if they give single guys a chance

By *j47Man  over a year ago

dublin

Jayus john what u worried about at my age ( which is correct) I find it harder to get to meet an older woman (take note Mrs s)but any I have met and some I mail have moved their age preference for the right people one or two even upped their limit on their profile once they releised the older the whistle the sweeter the tune have faith profiles are only an outline once ur on the scene word of mouth plays a big part

"Jayus john what u worried about at my age ( which is correct) I find it harder to get to meet an older woman (take note Mrs s)but any I have met and some I mail have moved their age preference for the right people one or two even upped their limit on their profile once they releised the older the whistle the sweeter the tune have faith profiles are only an outline once ur on the scene word of mouth plays a big part "

The mouth is a mighty tool

Dublin

"Jayus john what u worried about at my age ( which is correct) I find it harder to get to meet an older woman (take note Mrs s)but any I have met and some I mail have moved their age preference for the right people one or two even upped their limit on their profile once they releised the older the whistle the sweeter the tune have faith profiles are only an outline once ur on the scene word of mouth plays a big part "

If I'm doing as well as you ten years from now I'll be happy out!

dublin

"Jayus john what u worried about at my age ( which is correct) I find it harder to get to meet an older woman (take note Mrs s)but any I have met and some I mail have moved their age preference for the right people one or two even upped their limit on their profile once they releised the older the whistle the sweeter the tune have faith profiles are only an outline once ur on the scene word of mouth plays a big part

The mouth is a mighty tool "

Fffs read that my mouth likes a mighty tool

dublin

"Jayus john what u worried about at my age ( which is correct) I find it harder to get to meet an older woman (take note Mrs s)but any I have met and some I mail have moved their age preference for the right people one or two even upped their limit on their profile once they releised the older the whistle the sweeter the tune have faith profiles are only an outline once ur on the scene word of mouth plays a big part

If I'm doing as well as you ten years from now I'll be happy out!"

Precption John perception is a strange thing

Fffs read that my mouth likes a mighty tool "

I would remcommend Specsavers CJ but ...well sure you know

I met a couple one day last year for a social meet, said they were 48 and 49, ok some tell white lies with age but having a hearing aid and at retirement age is a bit away from 49

dublin

Fffs read that my mouth likes a mighty tool

I would remcommend Specsavers CJ but ...well sure you know "

I was thinking a white stick and go for the sympathy shag

galway

Out if curiosity how many people look at a good profile and then go "oh no wait he/she/they are a year over my limit Damn better go find someone else?" I think it's the last thing I look at if at all unless the pics suggest that they are my grandparents ages of course!

dublin

"Out if curiosity how many people look at a good profile and then go "oh no wait he/she/they are a year over my limit Damn better go find someone else?" I think it's the last thing I look at if at all unless the pics suggest that they are my grandparents ages of course! "

Believe it or not I do

otherside of nowhere

"Out if curiosity how many people look at a good profile and then go "oh no wait he/she/they are a year over my limit Damn better go find someone else?" I think it's the last thing I look at if at all unless the pics suggest that they are my grandparents ages of course! "

We wouldn't if we were outside their age prefence then we wouldn't mail....then there's not a lot of ppl on here that are 100 lol

galway

I think it's worth getting to know them even if you think they may be a little over your age limit cause you might be pleasantly surprised!

"I think it's worth getting to know them even if you think they may be a little over your age limit cause you might be pleasantly surprised! "

True True... no one gives there real age anyway here

Dublin

Here's how my profile perving usually goes:

1. avatar catches my eye, click on profile.

2. check for public pics, and have a look

3. see if looking for single guys, if not move on. if yes onto....

4. check age limits, if i'm within the limit i'll read the text. if the text appeals I'll consider mailing.

Dublin

"no one gives there real age anyway here"

As I said in my OP, my profile is 100% true...age and all.

"no one gives there real age anyway here

As I said in my OP, my profile is 100% true...age and all."

You're Class

By *idandnancy69Couple  over a year ago

carrickfergus

As I said in my OP, my profile is 100% true...age and all."

Ours too,no point telling lies unless you have no intention of meeting

Dublin

You're Class "

do i detect a hint of sarcasm?

Dublin

Ours too,no point telling lies unless you have no intention of meeting "

Exactly, if you lie you'll eventually be caught out.

You're Class

do i detect a hint of sarcasm? "

A small bit

I've seen a profile here on fab of a woman that's actually getting younger ?? She was older than me a year ago & now she's actually younger than me !!! I'd love to know her secret !!

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

[Removed by poster at 21/10/14 21:43:01]

"One should never trust a woman who tells one her real age. A woman who would tell one that would tell one anything"

Oscar Wilde

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

*I'm not going to do it, it would be dishonest...ya just gotta move on."

. When reviewing profiles I look at the pictures , how they are presented , andthe contents of the profile . Don't usually bother looking at age at the pictures are sufficient . However I would not contact anyone if I was outside the age range of people that they wanted to meet.

Dublin

*I'm not going to do it, it would be dishonest...ya just gotta move on.. When reviewing profiles I look at the pictures , how they are presented , andthe contents of the profile . Don't usually bother looking at age at the pictures are sufficient . However I would not contact anyone if I was outside the age range of people that they wanted to meet. "

well if you're outside their age range, you're prevented from contacting them, so i think your point is a little moot.

"

"One should never trust a woman who tells one her real age. A woman who would tell one that would tell one anything"

Oscar Wilde"

Great quote!!

By *idandnancy69Couple  over a year ago

carrickfergus

"

Oscar Wilde

Great quote!!"

Oscar did have a way with words

"Not too bothered about age....we have met ppl from 24 to 58 the one thing we had in common was a willingness to have fun...age was a side issue"

Same as that but each to their own. Never even considered changing my age, I don't think I can pull it off ha

Everyone thinks I'm youger than my age when we meet .. Not loads just a few years !

It's nice long may it last !

Except DTG he thinks I look the same age as him .. 45 !

??

"Everyone thinks I'm youger than my age when we meet .. Not loads just a few years !

??"

I nearly spilled my FRENCH TOAST mix

"Everyone thinks I'm youger than my age when we meet .. Not loads just a few years !

??

I nearly spilled my FRENCH TOAST mix "

Now that has to be seen you with a French toast mix Bet the kitchen is some mess now

??

I nearly spilled my FRENCH TOAST mix "

Haha

met a guy for coffee said he was 45 he was 55 at least!!! Alergballs o swear to god

I'm 35 and I'm not afraid to say that I am not attracted to older guys!!!!!! 45:is my cut off point

that's just how I roll

I got a message from someone under my age limit for guys saying the same, 'I know I'm not in your chosen age range but hear me out' I replied out of curiosity to be met with a bunch of demands ending in 'and don't be worrying about what panties to wear, I've decided you're not wearing any' yeah, I'm not worried.. -instant block-. This is one message though but that line 'I know I'm outside your age range for guys but...' it's repetitive.

Tbf my upper age limit is only so low compared to my preference because I don't wish to run into my dad, not that he is on here but entirely possible.

The Garden of Eden

"met a guy for coffee said he was 45 he was 55 at least!!! Alergballs o swear to god

I'm 35 and I'm not afraid to say that I am not attracted to older guys!!!!!! 45:is my cut off point

that's just how I roll"

galway

This thread has encouraged me to to say fuck it and up our age limit!

"This thread has encouraged me to to say fuck it and up our age limit! "

Up it to 99 and don't be dry on the 99ers

galway

"This thread has encouraged me to to say fuck it and up our age limit!

Up it to 99 and don't be dry on the 99ers"

We don't want to cause any heart attacks now do we!

"This thread has encouraged me to to say fuck it and up our age limit!

Up it to 99 and don't be dry on the 99ers

We don't want to cause any heart attacks now do we! "

This is true. .. hows your other venture fairing out? is it more fantasy than actually seeing it through?

galway

"

This is true. .. hows your other venture fairing out? is it more fantasy than actually seeing it through? "

Still pursuing it going to start small and work my way up but it's a matter if timing at the moment

ok. This is your chance!

"

Oscar Wilde"

Guess I can't be trusted so

I am one month to a year and a half older than my profile age. I never put my real age into a website and go for younger because, I look younger.

I was a year below someones age limit, but in reality in their age limit. I decided not to bring it up and not contact them.

There are a few people who dont want younger people. It sucks if you are constantly attracted to people who have you outside their limit, but dont lie.

I expect everyone to be within a year of their age, and their photos to be current.

» Add a new message to this topic