FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Dublin for stag

Dublin for stag

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elsh swingers OP   Couple  over a year ago

newport

Hi to all you Irish gals and guys, me and my mates are over to yr fair city for a stag weekend at the Arlington . I'm hoping you can help me as I've been there many many times to temple bar and love it. But would love and feel the real Irish bars ( the crack ) as I'm half Irish, and not to far from the centre. Now I know some smart arse will preach this is not a tourist information centre, ( yes you.) lol. We are just looking for some Irish soul. GOOD IRISH SOUL . Can you help.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbie65Man  over a year ago

kildare

"Hi to all you Irish gals and guys, me and my mates are over to yr fair city for a stag weekend at the Arlington . I'm hoping you can help me as I've been there many many times to temple bar and love it. But would love and feel the real Irish bars ( the crack ) as I'm half Irish, and not to far from the centre. Now I know some smart arse will preach this is not a tourist information centre, ( yes you.) lol. We are just looking for some Irish soul. GOOD IRISH SOUL . Can you help. "

You are right about the soul bit - its not always easy to find the soul of a city - its not always in one place - but when you find it - you get it .

newport

"Hi to all you Irish gals and guys, me and my mates are over to yr fair city for a stag weekend at the Arlington . I'm hoping you can help me as I've been there many many times to temple bar and love it. But would love and feel the real Irish bars ( the crack ) as I'm half Irish, and not to far from the centre. Now I know some smart arse will preach this is not a tourist information centre, ( yes you.) lol. We are just looking for some Irish soul. GOOD IRISH SOUL . Can you help.

You are right about the soul bit - its not always easy to find the soul of a city - its not always in one place - but when you find it - you get it . "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do think you'll need to move out into the countryside to find what you are looking for mate. Have fun and try stay out of temple bar you will be ripped off...

newport

I've got the soul, just need the direction of the good bars, and I'm no hippy.lol . There has to be a place where all you dubliners go apart from the centre ?

By *auraxxWoman  over a year ago

east

Try Georges street and south William street

newport

"Try Georges street and south William street"
thank you sub girl xx

Copper face jacks on hard court street

"Try Georges street and south William street"

Darky Kelly's Sunday afternoon it's on fishamble street not too far from you great ballad session

newport

Thanks for yr help guys, I've stayed at copper face jacks.

By *roghedamanMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

"I've got the soul, just need the direction of the good bars, and I'm no hippy.lol . There has to be a place where all you dubliners go apart from the centre ? "

Dublin folk rarely leave Dublin for any reasons. Even for the likes of here they wouldn't leave the capital as they consider the rest of Ireland as bog land lol

But as that guy said earlier, if you want real Irish culture you need to travel anywhere but Dublin. Dublin is too metropolitan to be Irish these days.

"I've got the soul, just need the direction of the good bars, and I'm no hippy.lol . There has to be a place where all you dubliners go apart from the centre ?

Dublin folk rarely leave Dublin for any reasons. Even for the likes of here they wouldn't leave the capital as they consider the rest of Ireland as bog land lol

But as that guy said earlier, if you want real Irish culture you need to travel anywhere but Dublin. Dublin is too metropolitan to be Irish these days."

Quinns in Drumcondra should be hopping this Sunday with the game on.

Alternatively O'Donoghues pub on Merrion Row can be good when live music is on.

Enjoy your stay!

If you leave the city centre any pub will do. From rathmines out on south side and drumcondra out on northside. 15/20euro in a taxi

newport

Thank you all, you've been very helpfull .

By *ub235Man  over a year ago

b

"I do think you'll need to move out into the countryside to find what you are looking for mate. Have fun and try stay out of temple bar you will be ripped off..."

If your looking for real Irish culture don't go to temple bar ... Head out if dublin ... Once u get past the pale u ll see the real Ireland

» Add a new message to this topic