FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Garth brooks

Garth brooks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

Lots of dub residents complaining about noise etc. What was dub Like during his concerts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

We were there last night. I really did feel sorry for the residents. The closed streets, the noise, the rubbish, the antisocial behaviour.

By *ightlight69Couple  over a year ago

Limerick

We were there last night and what a night it was the nest concert we have ever been to and if I'm honest the anisocial behaviour we seen walking around Dublin yesterday was far worse than anything we seen around croke Park

Tipperary

"We were there last night. I really did feel sorry for the residents. The closed streets, the noise, the rubbish, the antisocial behaviour.

"

i suppose that’s what happens when u have concerts

Limerick

"We were there last night. I really did feel sorry for the residents. The closed streets, the noise, the rubbish, the antisocial behaviour.

i suppose that’s what happens when u have concerts "

unfortunately the behaviour we saw had nothing to do at all with the concert

Tipperary

i suppose that’s what happens when u have concerts unfortunately the behaviour we saw had nothing to do at all with the concert "

im more so talking about the noise etc

East / North, Cork

We saw loads of shouty d*unk people getting thrown out of the venue onto the street... and the smell of pee and piles of sick. I suppose you get these things when you have 80,000 people in one spot moving in and out of small streets closed to traffic.

East / North, Cork

i suppose that’s what happens when u have concerts unfortunately the behaviour we saw had nothing to do at all with the concert im more so talking about the noise etc "

The gig was over at 10 (with no supporting acts) so was only 2 hours of noise. Was very tame as gigs go

Limerick

i suppose that’s what happens when u have concerts unfortunately the behaviour we saw had nothing to do at all with the concert im more so talking about the noise etc

The gig was over at 10 (with no supporting acts) so was only 2 hours of noise. Was very tame as gigs go"

what we saw was in the afternoon and to be fair to the concert goers from what I saw it was fairly well behaved

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

It was possibly one of the most disruptive concerts ever in Croke Park..as for the mess left behind absolutely shocking!

Have never been so happy to see the end of a series of concerts.

B x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Saw a video compilation a lady made from her sunken garden area which isn't too far away and there were numerous men and women urinating and defecating on her property, disgraceful that residents have to put up with that carry on

Limerick

"Saw a video compilation a lady made from her sunken garden area which isn't too far away and there were numerous men and women urinating and defecating on her property, disgraceful that residents have to put up with that carry on "
that is disgraceful and anyone doing that should have to pay a hefty fine along with cleanup costs

Tipperary

"It was possibly one of the most disruptive concerts ever in Croke Park..as for the mess left behind absolutely shocking!

B x

"

disruptive in what way may I ask?

East / North, Cork

"It was possibly one of the most disruptive concerts ever in Croke Park..as for the mess left behind absolutely shocking!

B x

"

We were chatting to the barstaff in a local bar afterwards and they couldn't WAIT for the gigs to be over as they had allsorts of problems.

https://irishtoday.news/residents-anger-after-catching-garth-brooks-fans-peeing-outside-front-gate-on-cctv-1725.html

City Centre

The d*unk crowds falling around the streets before hand

The excess rubbish everywhere

Locals couldn't park anywhere

The road closures...even the Drumcondra Road was closed this time. Never seen that before.

And 5 nights of it over two weekends. We are well used to events in the local area but this was maddness

Tipperary

"The d*unk crowds falling around the streets before hand

The road closures...even the Drumcondra Road was closed this time. Never seen that before.

And 5 nights of it over two weekends. We are well used to events in the local area but this was maddness"

was the 5 nights of it 2 much?

By *he wanerding bullMan  over a year ago

cavan

And 5 nights of it over two weekends. We are well used to events in the local area but this was maddnesswas the 5 nights of it 2 much?"

If you read her post I think the answer is in it.

City Centre

And 5 nights of it over two weekends. We are well used to events in the local area but this was maddnesswas the 5 nights of it 2 much?"

One night of GB was too much

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

And 5 nights of it over two weekends. We are well used to events in the local area but this was maddnesswas the 5 nights of it 2 much?

One night of GB was too much "

wash your mouth out girl

City Centre

And 5 nights of it over two weekends. We are well used to events in the local area but this was maddnesswas the 5 nights of it 2 much?

One night of GB was too much wash your mouth out girl "

Eh no

Tipperary

If you read her post I think the answer is in it."

lol she even said 1 night was 2 much. I think some just don’t want concerts full stop. Was talking to a few who went and loved the no supporting act and 10 finish Time

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

I went on the first night and while I'm not going to argue the pros and cons of living near a stadium, I did witness several distasteful acts on the long walk back to any public transport, mostly by people who had imbibed way too much. If they were going to close the roads off, even to taxis, then they should have organised shuttle buses. I believe this would have got them off the streets and out of the area quickly.

East / North, Cork

The lack of public transport options, the shortage of toilets, the lack of bins, the horse and carriages ploughing through the crowds, the total absence of taxis. The whole setup seems poorly organised and executed.

East / North, Cork

If you read her post I think the answer is in it.lol she even said 1 night was 2 much. I think some just don’t want concerts full stop. Was talking to a few who went and loved the no supporting act and 10 finish Time"

I didn't feel there was as good value for money only getting 1 act and felt like the night finished before it had time to get started. We had longer I'm the pub after than in the stadium.

Tipperary

If you read her post I think the answer is in it.lol she even said 1 night was 2 much. I think some just don’t want concerts full stop. Was talking to a few who went and loved the no supporting act and 10 finish Time

I didn't feel there was as good value for money only getting 1 act and felt like the night finished before it had time to get started. We had longer I'm the pub after than in the stadium."

was the concert 8 till 10?

East / North, Cork

Yes

Tipperary

"Yes"
handy in the sense u could even come home if u wanted

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events

East / North, Cork

"Yeshandy in the sense u could even come home if u wanted "

Handy that you could even go home after at 10pm? Erm. Yeah. Sounds like a rocking night heading home at 10

Tipperary

"I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events "
anyone I spoke to who went raved about the concert itself

East / North, Cork

"I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events "

No there is way too much money to be made for that to happen.

Tipperary

"Yeshandy in the sense u could even come home if u wanted

Handy that you could even go home after at 10pm? Erm. Yeah. Sounds like a rocking night heading home at 10"

handy that u could go home at 10 ye. I’m sure some did rather then the expense of paying for a hotel on a sat night in Dublin.

Limerick

"I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events anyone I spoke to who went raved about the concert itself "
to be fair it was an amazing concert such a great show

East / North, Cork

"I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events anyone I spoke to who went raved about the concert itself "

Meh. If you were a big fan I'm sure. I only half knew one song.

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

"I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events

No there is way too much money to be made for that to happen. "

Yeah well the GAA will always appreciate the income however it is also increasingly aware of its public perception and these events don’t help.

I agree with you I was up at him last weekend and the crowds of people all over the streets was madness pulse they put everybody out one gate into a bottleneck which was extremely dangerous if anything had to kick off people would’ve been badly hurt and y was the busses so fare away from the venue if they where closer they would of took people off the streets sooner nobody was thinking of the people living around the area

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Not a hope....the biggest problem with croke park is the sound and its hard to get that right in a concrete structure

However it's an infrastructure in position that just needs a stage to make it one of the biggest gig venues in Europe

Unfortunately everything else that happens at concerts in there also happens at concerts in this country everywhere

some people here can't enjoy themselves without getting buckets of drink into them first and then fighting,puking and pissing everywhere including over themselves and others on the pitch but blaming everyone else for the mess

Wait till next year and probably coldplay will get announced and everything that went wrong will be forgotten

City Centre

If you read her post I think the answer is in it.lol she even said 1 night was 2 much. I think some just don’t want concerts full stop. Was talking to a few who went and loved the no supporting act and 10 finish Time"

I actually have witnessed many many concerts and matches in Croke Park over the years. The fact I don't like GB is totally besides the point. Am sure his fans really enjoyed the concerts.

The 5 nights were absolutely badly managed and was total chaos for the locals. My point being the disruption this particular set of concerts caused

Hardy you can continue to love GB

City Centre

"I wonder if this is the end of croke park as a concert venue. There does seem to be a lot bad press associated these recent events

Not a hope....the biggest problem with croke park is the sound and its hard to get that right in a concrete structure

However it's an infrastructure in position that just needs a stage to make it one of the biggest gig venues in Europe

Unfortunately everything else that happens at concerts in there also happens at concerts in this country everywhere

some people here can't enjoy themselves without getting buckets of drink into them first and then fighting,puking and pissing everywhere including over themselves and others on the pitch but blaming everyone else for the mess

Wait till next year and probably coldplay will get announced and everything that went wrong will be forgotten

"

Coldplay played already this year there wasn't this level of disruption

somewhere

Coldplay played already this year there wasn't this level of disruption "

No it was Ed Sheeran earlier this year....they were a few years back

It is probably the end of that number of concerts in a row alright.

But that was flagged as an issue for a long time.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I went on the first night and while I'm not going to argue the pros and cons of living near a stadium, I did witness several distasteful acts on the long walk back to any public transport, mostly by people who had imbibed way too much. If they were going to close the roads off, even to taxis, then they should have organised shuttle buses. I believe this would have got them off the streets and out of the area quickly."

You'd think 'they' (organisers/GAA/cops etc.) know the in and outs of this venue by now and how to get big crowds to it and away from it in a swift and efficient way. But it doesn't seem so. Public transport infrastructure isn't bad in that area but obviously there's no outside the box thinking to deliver a big event tailored service.

Anyhow with a rich music tradition and talent in this country I will never ever understand why so many Irish are mad into this American cowboy singer.

By *ind PaddyMan  over a year ago

South County Dublin

I was in Tolka Park yesterday, both set of supporters were in Fagans of Drumcondra. No problem getting into ground and most fans left the area straight after the match.

There are plenty of toilets ?? in Croke Park. 5 concerts is a lot and do you have to get d*unk before going to concert.

Before they redeveloped Croke Park they could have move to the Phoenix Park Racecourse, would have been a better move. Can understand the local residents been annoyed

East / North, Cork

"I was in Tolka Park yesterday, both set of supporters were in Fagans of Drumcondra. No problem getting into ground and most fans left the area straight after the match.

There are plenty of toilets ?? in Croke Park. 5 concerts is a lot and do you have to get d*unk before going to concert.

Before they redeveloped Croke Park they could have move to the Phoenix Park Racecourse, would have been a better move. Can understand the local residents been annoyed "

We were on the pitch close to the front... and getting to a ladies involved walking the entire length of the pitch to the rear, through the tunnels in the building, and out the back into the carpark right next to the entrance. It took about half an hour each way not incl the queue for the actual toilet. If you're in the stands it's fine.

East / North, Cork

Between the man himself and the difficulty accessing a toilet, it say that pitch is drowned in ladies pee

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

i think the fact there was no supporting acts added to crowd conjestion

somewhere

"Between the man himself and the difficulty accessing a toilet, it say that pitch is drowned in ladies pee "

And mens in fairness ....saw a fair few that never even got the zip open ....just walking around with wet stains

» Add a new message to this topic