FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The TV/CD/TS identity needs an update

The TV/CD/TS identity needs an update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *murphy89 OP   Man  over a year ago

Clonee

I know it’s a complex area but Transsexual is very outdated and needs to be changed to Transgender and separate from the Transvestite and Cross dressing identity. There should also be a non binary identity.

Seems so out of touch for such a welcoming space to explore gender and sexuality.

Fab really needs to change that soon. How do you feel about it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nam Cara 777Couple  over a year ago

Niche

No doubt it has been suggested in the other bit of the forum

There's a lot said about bi-curious, try-sexual, hetero-flex etc also

By *murphy89 OP   Man  over a year ago

Clonee

100%, it’s not the hardest thing in the world to add few new options. I just can’t over the fact if a transgender man joins the site they’re stuck in a section that is mostly TV/CD. Likewise TV/CD have to share that space with transgender people. Adding an awkwardness and barrier for them to have to elaborate on their gender or identity

By *eth TVTV/TS  over a year ago

Mid Meath

"100%, it’s not the hardest thing in the world to add few new options. I just can’t over the fact if a transgender man joins the site they’re stuck in a section that is mostly TV/CD. Likewise TV/CD have to share that space with transgender people. Adding an awkwardness and barrier for them to have to elaborate on their gender or identity "

Contrary to what some people think or claim, TV/Crossdressers fall under the "transgender" umbrella as well, it being a general catch all phrase. What you may be thinking of are those people who are transitioning. Legitimately a lot of them would consider themselves M or F and are happy to use those options. Equally, some users would use the terms TS or TG when they are pretty much only dressing up for sex.

In short, it's a rabbit hole that the site admin likely don't want to to go down

By *xBelMorriganMan  over a year ago

Dublin

It does bother me as a Genderqueer/Non-Binary person that the options are so limited. On the flip side, I do find it rather unsettling how many people are comfortable saying "we only want convincing TS" as if they don't care how harmful and frankly gross that sentence is - but I've found trying to point that out on this site a losing battle.

By *inxySTV/TS  over a year ago

dublin

"It does bother me as a Genderqueer/Non-Binary person that the options are so limited. On the flip side, I do find it rather unsettling how many people are comfortable saying "we only want convincing TS" as if they don't care how harmful and frankly gross that sentence is - but I've found trying to point that out on this site a losing battle."

While I agree options are limited here and in day to day situations I don't really see why you would have a problem with someone stating a preference. Asking for a convincing tv/cd/trans etc is absolutely no different than someone saying they want a dominant looking male or a feminine female.

If I do not fit the physical look and preference of anyone here then it's not really something to get upset about. On the flip side I am certainly not fem enough to pass as convincing to the vast majority of people I would like to meet, when they tell me I'm not convincing it's not an insult, just a mere fact. This is why it's a minefield and I 100% understand why the administration doesn't want to tackle it with a barge pole.

By *izzesTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin 14

It is called sexual preferences.

By *tockings199Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"It does bother me as a Genderqueer/Non-Binary person that the options are so limited. On the flip side, I do find it rather unsettling how many people are comfortable saying "we only want convincing TS" as if they don't care how harmful and frankly gross that sentence is - but I've found trying to point that out on this site a losing battle.

While I agree options are limited here and in day to day situations I don't really see why you would have a problem with someone stating a preference. Asking for a convincing tv/cd/trans etc is absolutely no different than someone saying they want a dominant looking male or a feminine female.

If I do not fit the physical look and preference of anyone here then it's not really something to get upset about. On the flip side I am certainly not fem enough to pass as convincing to the vast majority of people I would like to meet, when they tell me I'm not convincing it's not an insult, just a mere fact. This is why it's a minefield and I 100% understand why the administration doesn't want to tackle it with a barge pole. "

you are very convincing trust me xx

By *otownkid1967Man  over a year ago

Portlaoise

"It does bother me as a Genderqueer/Non-Binary person that the options are so limited. On the flip side, I do find it rather unsettling how many people are comfortable saying "we only want convincing TS" as if they don't care how harmful and frankly gross that sentence is - but I've found trying to point that out on this site a losing battle.

If I do not fit the physical look and preference of anyone here then it's not really something to get upset about. On the flip side I am certainly not fem enough to pass as convincing to the vast majority of people I would like to meet, when they tell me I'm not convincing it's not an insult, just a mere fact. This is why it's a minefield and I 100% understand why the administration doesn't want to tackle it with a barge pole. you are very convincing trust me xx"

Stunning actually

By *xBelMorriganMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I think you misunderstood my point.

If someone says "only convincing TS" it is a big flashing in neon lights sign that they want a fetish and don't few Trans people as their gender.

Of course every person has their own individual preferences of who they desire to engage with sexually - I just think people can both examine where those desires stem from and also just have more tact in expressing them.

By *inxySTV/TS  over a year ago

dublin

"I think you misunderstood my point.

If someone says "only convincing TS" it is a big flashing in neon lights sign that they want a fetish and don't few Trans people as their gender.

Of course every person has their own individual preferences of who they desire to engage with sexually - I just think people can both examine where those desires stem from and also just have more tact in expressing them."

I think your taking liberties by assuming what other people want and what category they slot people into. Personal preference is the basic foundation of everything we do here, what we want and whom we choose to meet. How we describe them as long as it is respectful is the next step.

It is very obvious or it has been to me in the 25 years I have been exploring that when someone says convincing that they mean feminine, a perfectly acceptable preference no ?.I have never heard anyone describe a trans person as a fetish.

If some don't fit into that bracket it's not an insult, it's just stating a fact and unfortunately it's not always comfortable for people to hear they are not how they want to appear. The men and women who claim to be athletic etc, I'm sure you see my point. It's often just an uncomfortable truth to hear we are not what other people want and I've had to take the unconvincing reason on the chin many time, no big deal.

I have often been told by trans girls that I am not convincing and based on that they don't wish to have a conversation. That not an insult, its just honesty and I admire that.

» Add a new message to this topic