FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Holidays

Holidays

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

Have you noticed that some parents go on holidays when the kids are going back to school when they had the whole summer to go away. Have you done this or would you do it? A few local schools to me are complaining about it already.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orkman66Man  over a year ago

Dublin

I suspect this is done mainly for cost reasons. Consider the price of a holiday with a couple of kids at peak times, compared with the start of Sept. It's not ideal, but can totally understand why some families would do this.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Have you noticed that some parents go on holidays when the kids are going back to school when they had the whole summer to go away. Have you done this or would you do it? A few local schools to me are complaining about it already. "

It's a money saving thing.

By *iggusClitusMan  over a year ago

Near Naas

Also some places of employment can't allow parents off at the time when they are busy so they take the time when it's available. This and price are huge factors. Traditionally the first 2 weeks of school was always the best weather of the year too so nearly guaranteed good weather ...

Good luck to them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not everyone can afford to go during peak times. I had one holiday with my son when he was a child could never afford to go .

Sure they be back to school and be days off for the teachers within a week

By *ergalMan  over a year ago

Wandering between the city and East Cork

To do with cost of flights etc, always cheaper before school ends and after the start.

By *iggusClitusMan  over a year ago

Near Naas

At the airport now and it's really really busy with families

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

We always go away during school terms, our kids school fully support it, it's not always to do with cost, kids with additional needs deserve a holiday too but not all can cope with peak season when everything is busy and loud and queues are horrendous at airports, cafes, attractions

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Feck the schools complaining

They don't give a toss when they take service days

Some ages just suit to take out of primary school for a week or 2 or even the years in secondary when there's no exams

Its cheaper and not as warm as July or August

We always did it

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Family holidays cost a bomb in school holiday time so I can't blame families for doing it. At the end of the day making holiday memories with kids is every bit as important as couple of days of school. It can make the difference between some families getting holiday, or not being able to afford it at all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always take my child out to go away. I'm not keen on heat. His last 2 holidays were lapland in December for a week. This year lake garda last week September. I'm a single mother so cost wise as well it's cheaper. His school dont mind as I always ask in advance.

» Add a new message to this topic