FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > party scene

party scene

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

I see alot of status's lately about people enjoying the party scene. is it something you enjoy more, the social side of fab where you meet with groups of people rather then 1 to 1?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Not sure if its a scene as such but I've been to 3 Hotel socials,1 weekend party in a house,2 pub socials,2 restaurant socials and its the side of fab that I never knew existed but really enjoy them them for what they are

A chance to connect,make friendships and see what happens

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Lately the party/social nights are the way forward for me more so than trying to organise a one on one meet.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I enjoy the socials and will continue to go to them, it's a good night out in good company

No interest in our part, we're both introverts and avoid large social gatherings where possible, not just on fab

By *angtasticallyMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

Never been yet

I dont really like people

By *DSGCouple  over a year ago

That place in

The social side of Fab can be so much fun

Nice meeting people and making future plans

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Love the socials and parties, meeting like-minded people and having the craic in a no-pressure environment

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Only ever been to one party about 3 years ago.

I was invited by one of the attendees and everyone there was very welcoming. It was all very laid back and no pressure.

I was one of 3 newbies that night and everyone else were long-term friends who were comfortable in each others company.

Strangely, although that was one of reasons I enjoyed it and didn't feel out of place the couple who were also at their first party left after an hour for that exact reason.

They said they expected everyone to be strangers and thought it was more of a clique.

A strange comment as it was held in someone's home but it had echoes of the forums.

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

I love the social side of it as well as the 1 on 1

"I dont really like people"

you only here for the cats?

"I dont really like people

you only here for the cats? "

Cats are the souless spawn of the devil...

So they are a slight improvement yes

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Play Parties are our first choice of meet....its difficult for 4 people to connect but at a party there's choice and the social side is great....i(mrs) have never felt any pressure to play at a party..

"I dont really like people

you only here for the cats?

Cats are the souless spawn of the devil...

So they are a slight improvement yes"

Interesting...

By *rown Eyed BeautiesCouple  over a year ago

In and around Louth, Meath, Cavan

Ideally this is the way we would love to get fully introduced, no pressure and in a social setting . Hopefully we’ll get to experience a M&G soon get to know all your wonderful people

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Love the socials as there is an opportunity to meet loads of people and to quote one of the hot ladies on here ( bog lady ) shift and drift lol Much more fun than a 1:1 social meet in fact we rarely do those type meets any more

Socials suit me, I love chatting and meeting people and its easier than trying to arrange 1-1 socials/meets.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Social I went to was excellent. Great people and banter.

Sadly it was almost 3yrs ago now, on old profile, as Covid has drastically reduced my chances of getting to one since.

This WFH doesn't leave many excuses for us cheaters to get out you know

First world problems eh

Tipperary

Good replies. question is, if guys mailed u now, got chatting and wanted a 1 to 1 meet, see if there is chemistry and potentially develop onto fun, would you go?

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

The socials can be an equivalent of several 1:1 coffee meets . Even if you’re more interested in playing than the social aspect of fab they’re a fairly efficient way of seeing what Some of the people you interact with through PMs or on the forum are actually like .

I am quite taken aback by how many Dalliances there have been some time following social meets I have been to. They’re obviously a fertile ground for establishing a rapport and many do treat them very much as group coffees to suss out if they want a play meet sometime afterwards with any of the attendees.

Some just want to chat and that’s it and that’s great too. Frankly particularly for midweek daytime socials I can think of a million worse ways to spend a couple of hours than chatting to a load of fabbers over coffee and cake.

By *mmortalValkyrieWoman  over a year ago

From a galaxy far far away

Ok did someone say cake?????

When and where???? lol

As a newbie I've only gone to one Social and it was lovely to meet people in real life that you have interacted on here with....and it was great for potential future coffee meets... it was a great experience esp for us who can only do daytime meetings x

Tipperary

"The socials can be an equivalent of several 1:1 coffee meets . Even if you’re more interested in playing than the social aspect of fab they’re a fairly efficient way of seeing what Some of the people you interact with through PMs or on the forum are actually like .

I am quite taken aback by how many Dalliances there have been some time following social meets I have been to. They’re obviously a fertile ground for establishing a rapport and many do treat them very much as group coffees to suss out if they want a play meet sometime afterwards with any of the attendees.

Some just want to chat and that’s it and that’s great too. Frankly particularly for midweek daytime socials I can think of a million worse ways to spend a couple of hours than chatting to a load of fabbers over coffee and cake. "

that's my whole point really. men more than women might have their eye on a particular person. try chat then meet them face to face to further things hopefully but might not want to do it in a group setting or have no interest in parties or group meet and greets but I find, listening to what women say on here, more and more are swaying from one to one meets to group meets.

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

I find parties and meet n greets great for "hunting my prey" I rarely play at either (but have been known to in the past!) once I connect with someone I'll go on to message for a bit an then meet....doesnt suit everyone but that's just me!

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

At the end of the day if you go to a social, chances are you will meet someone you've never seen or chatted with on here. It's a good way to check out people who may not be as active on the forums or who aren't that pushed sending messages in general. In my experience it's all positive and you can make so many more good connections.

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

"At the end of the day if you go to a social, chances are you will meet someone you've never seen or chatted with on here. It's a good way to check out people who may not be as active on the forums or who aren't that pushed sending messages in general. In my experience it's all positive and you can make so many more good connections. "

Exactly this....I find meeting people face to face rather than trying to connect from pictures and profiles so much better! There are lots I've met at these events that I would never have thought from their profiles we would click!

By *t777Woman  over a year ago

close by

The meet and greets, socials, parties and of course clubs are a good way not only to neet new people but to reacquaint with old ones too.

Tipperary

I agree the social side, face to face is great. it's the best way but some come on here with an active regular social life and want to meet 1 to 1 over a coffee on a midweek evening say to build up a rapport. I do see the point though. have even seen people say on here they got on like a house on fire with people at meets and greets who they wouldn't dream of replying 2 on here.

"At the end of the day if you go to a social, chances are you will meet someone you've never seen or chatted with on here. It's a good way to check out people who may not be as active on the forums or who aren't that pushed sending messages in general. In my experience it's all positive and you can make so many more good connections.

Exactly this....I find meeting people face to face rather than trying to connect from pictures and profiles so much better! There are lots I've met at these events that I would never have thought from their profiles we would click!"

I would be more then happy to meet you face to face and go for coffee but and maybe even for dinner

"At the end of the day if you go to a social, chances are you will meet someone you've never seen or chatted with on here. It's a good way to check out people who may not be as active on the forums or who aren't that pushed sending messages in general. In my experience it's all positive and you can make so many more good connections. "

So on the next social will you invite me to accompany you then

By *erri AnneTV/TS  over a year ago

Shannon and Costa Blanca

I love the party scene but I find it hard to break into it as a CD/TV member who would normally go in male mode anyway

Those I have been too are great fun and a great way to meet and get to know others

Been ages since I was at a social event or had a meet. The events seem to be a much better way of connecting with people, naturally.

» Add a new message to this topic