FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Restrictions

Restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara198 OP   Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

Does anyone feel strongly about the statement just made by Gov? Is this going to make a difference really?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *acmullyCouple  over a year ago

in the land of diet coke and club orange

At this stage I just don't know.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Can’t say I’m overly surprised by the announcement

I think we knew it was coming. Will it make a impact we can only hope.

By *aucyladMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I've heard it before,its on repeat, you can catch it again in late Janruary or February if you missed this briefing. Its the same nonsense over and over. Asking people to do this and that, and we will be fine but of course we won't cos they can't be bothered their ass to do anything with the hospital capacity. This is one great big mess.NPHET running the show and forecasting doomsday at all costs. I feel sorry for the busineses,hospitality and entertainment industry who have been repeatedly let down by this government, they can have zero confidence in opening or reopening. Next up is vacinnes for children, but the numbers now are no worse than they were when we didn't have 93% of us vacinated. The cost of this shitshow is frightening.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I think the people mostly did what was asked of them

It was the government that let us down..very badly

Thoughts to those like RVC and Vanilla that are going to have to close again and to anyone that loses their job and income because of it

By *egsyWoman  over a year ago

Meath

In sanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

By *ightower2021Man  over a year ago

donegal

Its a joke

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In sanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

I say the same. Specially when it comes to this

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Does anyone feel strongly about the statement just made by Gov? Is this going to make a difference really? "

Yes I would imagine case numbers will drop fairly sharply as a result of these changes.

By *NakedchefMan  over a year ago

coolofagoose

Should have been done before now

Always close the stable door when the horse has bolted

Now all that’s needed is people to cop on

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

"In sanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I say the same. Specially when it comes to this "

Tbh I adjusted my behaviour in Octoberish anyway.

I avoided crowed bars and restaurants that weren't enforcing social distancing etc....

It's clear numbers get high when we have low/no restrictions. So I adjusted my own behaviour I didn't need to be told by the government it was a sensible thing for me personally to do.

"I think the people mostly did what was asked of them

Thoughts to those like RVC and Vanilla that are going to have to close again and to anyone that loses their job and income because of it "

Let us down in what way? (This time at least)

somewhere

Thoughts to those like RVC and Vanilla that are going to have to close again and to anyone that loses their job and income because of it

Let us down in what way? (This time at least) "

Think the nonsense with the schools....all the cases with infected school kids but mostly spread outside and not in school was just wrong

There has to be a better way for the schools instead of just leave the windows open

Think the nonsense with the schools....all the cases with infected school kids but mostly spread outside and not in school was just wrong

There has to be a better way for the schools instead of just leave the windows open

"

Ya the schools are a tough one I can see why keeping them open has been almost the top priority but tough when some schools are overcrowded and not as well off as others even in the best of times

By *ubkidMan  over a year ago

University

"

Exactly. We could have gone on longer without the schools reopening, and the (much later) nightclub re-opening was so ridiculous. In the north, even having the decency to wear a mask at an Asda checkout has gone out the window. The clubs are still staying open here.

Sorry I sound like a yap xD haha

By *ara198 OP   Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

Ya the schools are a tough one I can see why keeping them open has been almost the top priority but tough when some schools are overcrowded and not as well off as others even in the best of times"

Schools should be a top priority but it's actually not really. Economics is the top priority. Shopping centres full, requires no vaccine pass, hotels flying requiring no vaccine until now, now a knee jerk response. Schools closed mean parents cannot work, mortgages not paid, or parents work from home and kids are left to survive alone, the surge we can now see in anxiety, stress, panic, disordered eating, is incredible. We cannot support enough kids.

Exactly. We could have gone on longer without the schools reopening, and the (much later) nightclub re-opening was so ridiculous. In the north, even having the decency to wear a mask at an Asda checkout has gone out the window. The clubs are still staying open here.

Sorry I sound like a yap xD haha"

So tell me also what could working parents do. As we were also told not to mix households at the time.

somewhere

Don't get me wrong ...I understand why and agree with why the schools must be left open

However I dont believe the kids are catching the virus outside the schools gates in the family

I believe its spread from the school out to the family..it just seems more logical

Therefore make the schools safer...wear masks ....use Hepa Air filtration

The kids cant sit in classes in January and February when its usually colder with the windows open

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Pup has been reinstated for those who will lose their jobs again... Expect tax rises next year so ffs

somewhere

"Pup has been reinstated for those who will lose their jobs again... Expect tax rises next year so ffs "

So what do you do with people losing their job 3 weeks before Christmas

Your lack of empathy is touching

"Does anyone feel strongly about the statement just made by Gov? Is this going to make a difference really? "

Eeek im afraid to ask... what now

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Why cant they i have to sit on a bus every mornig going to work with the windows open nobody cares about that and there is at least 3 older people get on the bus every morning

Its a pandemic, people are dying , and getting very sick , hospitals over run ! Something has to be done , do goverment get it right all the time ? Jeez no, but say what you like , financially we were looked after like no other country , what does piss me off was all the foreign workers pissing off home and still claimed PUP here ,,

"Its a pandemic, people are dying , and getting very sick , hospitals over run ! Something has to be done , do goverment get it right all the time ? Jeez no, but say what you like , financially we were looked after like no other country , what does piss me off was all the foreign workers pissing off home and still claimed PUP here ,, "

OMG why is there always someone saying 'blame the foreigners'

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

All I know is that I was already locking down for the next 4wks. I want to be able to spend Christmas day with my family and had already refused 3 separate invitations to small gatherings because of it. Last Christmas wasn't shite but I want to be able to get together with my family this year, so I don't see it as that big a price to pay.

Now, as for the pain in my shoulders from a booster jab in one and a flu jab in the other, those I could do without

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

If it's any consolation it's happening all over Europe, it's the epicentre of the pandemic again, groundhog day stuff. I don't think the government is entirely to blame for it. Scientists, governments and the people thought with the vaccines we're out of the worst and went back to more 'normal, travelling, partying, trading etc. yet it hasn't gone away and the vaccines show its limitations when it comes to transmission. While we're vaccinating already a third round in poorer countries barely the healthworkers are vaccinated and the virus kept on mutating....now we got Omicron for Christmas. It's in the word 'pandemic' as in 'all people'. It's not over until we take on all inclusive worldwide approach...

"If it's any consolation it's happening all over Europe, it's the epicentre of the pandemic again, groundhog day stuff. I don't think the government is entirely to blame for it. Scientists, governments and the people thought with the vaccines we're out of the worst and went back to more 'normal, travelling, partying, trading etc. yet it hasn't gone away and the vaccines show its limitations when it comes to transmission. While we're vaccinating already a third round in poorer countries barely the healthworkers are vaccinated and the virus kept on mutating....now we got Omicron for Christmas. It's in the word 'pandemic' as in 'all people'. It's not over until we take on all inclusive worldwide approach..."

louth

[Removed by poster at 04/12/21 03:36:25]

louth

"Pup has been reinstated for those who will lose their jobs again... Expect tax rises next year so ffs

So what do you do with people losing their job 3 weeks before Christmas

Your lack of empathy is touching "

I don't know what to do.. I was merely pointing out the obvious.. Try not to jump to harsh conclusions in future.. Lack of empathy jeez

» Add a new message to this topic