FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Belfast Coffee Shop Meet

Belfast Coffee Shop Meet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ets-have-fun-now OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast

Hi everyone. Would any of you like to meet on the first Friday or Saturday of each month for a coffee meet and we can chat and mingle and plan some other events a little more adventurous. We could meet at 3 or 4pm and call ourselves ‘Meat and Mingle’. It could be a good social and informal chance to meet each other and enjoy the rather gloomy times we live in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Great idea op but think you need to work a little on your profile first most people tend to stay away from blank profiles as it tends to suggest its another fake profile get yourself verified and im sure the offers will come rolling in

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

I agree maybe need to get yourself verified and nice pics up and chat a few ppl and get well known and then try arrange something...am trying to build myself up and get socials arranged and I've been on here near 2 years ??

Craigavon

Same here littlekinks im on over 6yrs and still havent mansged it up here yet i am however part of a group who meets regarly in dublin would love to have the same set up up here

belfast

Thanks and good advice.

belfast

Thanks again for the advice and will do.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"Great idea op but think you need to work a little on your profile first most people tend to stay away from blank profiles as it tends to suggest its another fake profile get yourself verified and im sure the offers will come rolling in "

In principle it's a sound idea: building up a network of like-minded friends who could meet intermittently face to face, and after coffee move onto another venue.

However, fabbers are cautious individuals; although you are a site supporter(gold) you have only been a member for two weeks. As regards verifications, this is a chicken and egg problem: you can't get verified until you've met other members and members probably won't meet you until you've been verified!

Furthermore, Covid has been a nightmare for everyone, and we may be heading for another lockdown, possibly in the new year.

My own plan has been to be patient until next year, then upload some high quality pics, remodel my profile and attend or organise some meets, possibly outside Belfast, at a quieter venue, where some real discussion about what members want can take place.

Craigavon

I have said on numerous times on another thread by devinedestiny about helping a fabber out that i am more than willing to give up my time to meet anyone who needs verified for a coffee and a chat so far noone has taken me up so seems you are damned if you do and damned if you dont but the offer is there

By *onegal82Man  over a year ago

letterkenny/Belfast

"I have said on numerous times on another thread by devinedestiny about helping a fabber out that i am more than willing to give up my time to meet anyone who needs verified for a coffee and a chat so far noone has taken me up so seems you are damned if you do and damned if you dont but the offer is there "

Ahhhhh yeah loads do complain about nit been able get verified. Loads have offered on dd thread including me. Seems not many took up option.

By *usty is backWoman  over a year ago

newtownabby

Myself and another fab lady used to run something similar every 6 weeks or so to allow newbies to get verified....always got lots of interest but very few turn up so stopped doing them .

Craigavon

No because most people especially "single guys" are either not single or juat all talk love the fantasy of it all but dont have the balls to see it through

By *onegal82Man  over a year ago

letterkenny/Belfast

"No because most people especially "single guys" are either not single or juat all talk love the fantasy of it all but dont have the balls to see it through "

Probably spot on. I'd a loved that opportunity before I got verified

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"No because most people especially "single guys" are either not single or juat all talk love the fantasy of it all but dont have the balls to see it through "

To be honest with the amount of grief men have to out up with and being all put in the same boat by people I'm not in the least bit surprised that some bottle it when they are constantly being put down on here.

And as for the single comment that goes for both genders and it's not my place to judge anyone for being on here and so far I've never had anyone lie to me about it either or not turn up when a meet has been arranged even if it was just to help someone get a Veri.

I do find the irony of some making digs about people not being single and the holier than thou attitude very amusing especially when their veris and posts on here tell another story .

As for the ops suggestion. I think it will be very hard for a new almost blank profile to start this. Well known profiles can find it hard enough to start these but there is absolutely no harm in trying and stranger things have happened on here.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No because most people especially "single guys" are either not single or juat all talk love the fantasy of it all but dont have the balls to see it through

To be honest with the amount of grief men have to out up with and being all put in the same boat by people I'm not in the least bit surprised that some bottle it when they are constantly being put down on here.

And as for the single comment that goes for both genders and it's not my place to judge anyone for being on here and so far I've never had anyone lie to me about it either or not turn up when a meet has been arranged even if it was just to help someone get a Veri.

I do find the irony of some making digs about people not being single and the holier than thou attitude very amusing especially when their veris and posts on here tell another story .

As for the ops suggestion. I think it will be very hard for a new almost blank profile to start this. Well known profiles can find it hard enough to start these but there is absolutely no harm in trying and stranger things have happened on here. "

Well said Bo

belfast

I think what your saying all makes good common sense. I have met a couple of people but it turns out that if they are not verified then they can’t post a review and either can I. But it is good cause it makes it safer for everyone

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I think what your saying all makes good common sense. I have met a couple of people but it turns out that if they are not verified then they can’t post a review and either can I. But it is good cause it makes it safer for everyone "

How does it make it safer for everyone?

In fact if anything it can be the complete opposite as some less than nice ( and I'm being polite saying that) are getting veris from these mini mngs and therefore look like they should be ok to meet when the opposite is true. Some have had profiles on here before but left because they became well known for their behaviour.So no I don't agree these make it safer at all it's easy to act like a nice person for a bit at one of these gatherings.

Personally it's why I chat for a while to someone privately before I agree to meet usually red flags tend to be shown when you do this. And why I don't pay much heed to veris either and make my own mind up .

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I think what your saying all makes good common sense. I have met a couple of people but it turns out that if they are not verified then they can’t post a review and either can I. But it is good cause it makes it safer for everyone

How does it make it safer for everyone?

In fact if anything it can be the complete opposite as some less than nice ( and I'm being polite saying that) are getting veris from these mini mngs and therefore look like they should be ok to meet when the opposite is true. Some have had profiles on here before but left because they became well known for their behaviour.So no I don't agree these make it safer at all it's easy to act like a nice person for a bit at one of these gatherings.

Personally it's why I chat for a while to someone privately before I agree to meet usually red flags tend to be shown when you do this. And why I don't pay much heed to veris either and make my own mind up ."

I asked a few months ago if all the organisers of these small "everyone is welcome" socials were taking the same precautions as those who run bigger events and the response was of course they are.

It's pretty obvious they aren't because now people who have been removed from chatgroups on previous profiles for predatory behaviour have now been legitimised and have an air of respectability about them which allows them to attend other events.

Recent comments and statuses however show that leopards never change their spots.

Craigavon

For the life of me i cant see why people have to put other peoples ideas down whats wrong with meeting someone at a mini social at least you get to see that person in the flesh and know that they are real and actually turn up you can chat on here to the cows come home but you never truely know someone until you meet them in the flesh fab is a very small community especially here in the north think its time we stopped finding fault with the way others choose to do there thing and start helping each other

Somewhere in Co. Down

"For the life of me i cant see why people have to put other peoples ideas down whats wrong with meeting someone at a mini social at least you get to see that person in the flesh and know that they are real and actually turn up you can chat on here to the cows come home but you never truely know someone until you meet them in the flesh fab is a very small community especially here in the north think its time we stopped finding fault with the way others choose to do there thing and start helping each other "

Do whatever you chose no one said you couldn't or shouldn't.Anyone can do what they want .

My point was that people have been veried who have been known to be not trustworthy in the worst way possible at some of these mini socials.Some of the same people who Veri them are the same who go on here about women having to stay safe on here and yet give these people glowing veris which can mislead others .Which is why I don't pay heed to veris really .

And I agree completely with the live and let live on here it's a pity others don't take the same approach or only do when it suits them

By *ubkidMan  over a year ago

University

Are these still happening? I daftly posted a duplicate thread. It seems like a good idea. Would be nice to have a chat with local fabbers before Christmas!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Folks, it has been an education to read your postings today; some very sobering comments! Thanks.

By *ubkidMan  over a year ago

University

"Folks, it has been an education to read your postings today; some very sobering comments! Thanks. "

I wish I'd read before I commented! D: an education, definitely.

By *astcoast2000Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

That's two suggestions from guys with blank profiles it gets better I'm sure

» Add a new message to this topic