FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Live one day over

Live one day over

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ligolad321 OP   Man  over a year ago

Donegal

If you could live one day over again, what would it be why?

I asked this question to a bunch of 15/16 year old kids a few years ago.

One hand went up. A wee lad from Cavan, cheeky glint in his eye.

14th of September sir, he said. I thought to myself shit, hopefully its not a loss of a parent etc.

He went on, it was a Saturday night I was down having a shower. I said ok kiddo keep it clean.

He said he heard screaming coming from the sitting room. Got out of the shower and went to see what the racket was all about. The family where sat watching the lotto and there numbers just came up. They won the best part of 5 million.

I said oh wow, but why would you want to live that day again. He said they where in the shop earlier that day when his mum said pick 6 members, low and behold it was his 6 numbers that came out. He wanted to be there with his family when the numbers where drawn... ill not forget that interaction, it stuck with me.

So throwing the same question out to my fellow fabbers,

If you had one day you could live over again what would it be and why?

Happy ones only please,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

July 20th 1998

I won a court case after 4 hard years

Bought my house

Never let the bastards ground me down

By *ligolad321 OP   Man  over a year ago

Donegal

"July 20th 1998

I won a court case after 4 hard years

Bought my house

Never let the bastards ground me down

"

Good on you.

By *ollybirdWoman  over a year ago

Cork

14th September

Leave him high and dry at the alter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you could live one day over again, what would it be why?

I asked this question to a bunch of 15/16 year old kids a few years ago.

One hand went up. A wee lad from Cavan, cheeky glint in his eye.

14th of September sir, he said. I thought to myself shit, hopefully its not a loss of a parent etc.

He went on, it was a Saturday night I was down having a shower. I said ok kiddo keep it clean.

He said he heard screaming coming from the sitting room. Got out of the shower and went to see what the racket was all about. The family where sat watching the lotto and there numbers just came up. They won the best part of 5 million.

I said oh wow, but why would you want to live that day again. He said they where in the shop earlier that day when his mum said pick 6 members, low and behold it was his 6 numbers that came out. He wanted to be there with his family when the numbers where drawn... ill not forget that interaction, it stuck with me.

So throwing the same question out to my fellow fabbers,

If you had one day you could live over again what would it be and why?

Happy ones only please, "

I call bullshit...noone from Cavan would let it slip they won the lotto

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

There are a good few dates that kinda shaped me , and I would preferentially re-live them over others even the Standard excellent days. Maybe 10 or so

They’re very important when your own ‘inner voice’ isn’t always kind

The date that shaped and made my career

The date that showed my parents that I can take on big responsibilities

The dates that I became a parent for the first and second time

The date when I proved to myself that I am capable of loving someone

The dates when I put my very best friends ahead of myself

The date you realise that as an individual you’re a very small part of the planet and its systems , which puts things into perspective

And the date , which I recall as 11/10/1997, when I realised that despite not being the most macho of blokes , I was capable on my day of operating in Beast mode

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

It’ll be 7 years next Thursday, but I’d go back to the day my first nephew came into the world and I got to hold him for the first time.

By *onnrodMan  over a year ago

moira

27th August 2007. The day I sustained life changing injuries in a motorbike accident.

Here's the conundrum, there's so much I miss about my life before. But I'm in a good place with myself now and have made friendships that I know would never have come about in my previous life, and given the choice I don't think I could give them up.

I'm not a believer in fate, spirituality, karma etc, but I can definitely plot a path of certain life events without which I would definitely not be where I am now

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

"27th August 2007. The day I sustained life changing injuries in a motorbike accident.

Here's the conundrum, there's so much I miss about my life before. But I'm in a good place with myself now and have made friendships that I know would never have come about in my previous life, and given the choice I don't think I could give them up.

I'm not a believer in fate, spirituality, karma etc, but I can definitely plot a path of certain life events without which I would definitely not be where I am now"

There is a really great ted talk by a guy paralysed in a farming accident . He talks about the turning point in acceptance being when he started looking at his own post accident averages and milestones and improving on them not comparing post and pre

He went to win world and Paralympic golds I think

» Add a new message to this topic