FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Body Confidence

Body Confidence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elilah OP   Couple  over a year ago

ballina

I was blown away with people's body confidence when starting this journey. It's a far cry from where people I work with everyday are. I would love to know your thoughts on it. For those who are body confident, what has made you so? For those that are not, where are your hang ups coming from?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

"I was blown away with people's body confidence when starting this journey. It's a far cry from where people I work with everyday are. I would love to know your thoughts on it. For those who are body confident, what has made you so? For those that are not, where are your hang ups coming from? "

From the bloke perspective , those who do ok on here seem to largely not take themselves too seriously , be reliable , respectful and open minded.

Everyone can ride , what it feels like to those you’re having sex with depends on those connectivity factors more than a six pack I suspect .

I work hard to be in good shape for me . It’s in no way for others . If others don’t like my personality/looks/body that’s their problem

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been an exibitionist since a vary young age. I use to be in Athletics so had the body to show it off. Over the years got complacent and lost the edge and so did my confidence levels. I hated the way I look but was to lazy / Busy to do anything about it then.

Woke up one morning decided enough is enough, Started working out again. Confidence started to come back once my fitness started to improve. I think it is all about the way you feel about yourself..

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've never had body confidence throughout my life. I never took my shirt off in front of anyone ever. It wasn't something I lost and rediscovered because it wasn't there to start with.

Many dark years and soul searching until I was almost 50 and it took others giving me unsolicited compliments before I could accept that what I saw wasn't what others could see. After that it still took another 4 or 5 years before age allowed me to say fuck it, I am who and what I am.

By *ligolad321Man  over a year ago

Donegal

As a gent fast approaching 40, I made a conscious decision a few years ago to stop worrying about the things I can't control, height, hairline etc and focus on the things I can, education fitness, happiness.

I try my best to look after my body because I 'think' if im not happy with how I look how can I expect a woman to be?

That said, I don't believe for one second that having a six pack will get me laid, far from it.

That's why I rely on my epic chats, charm and wit..

= hence, I'm still single

I had no confidence at all when I was young,due to a variety of factors. As I got older, it improved hugely, particularly when I stopped giving a shit what others thought, but more to do with overall confidence than body confidence as such.

Right now, I really don't like my body, menopause has delivered an utter sucker punch of physical and auto-immune issues, it's not about worrying what others think about my body though, it's how it feels to be living in it.

By *oseredWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I'm not body confident at all but I'm confident in myself. I gained weight in recent years for various reasons and honestly, I'm struggling to accept my new shape. But it's how I see me that is the issue not how others see me. I still wouldn't hide myself away or let it stop me having fun. I am how I am. If people don't like my shape they don't have to look.

What on here gives you the impression that there is a high level of body confidence?

I have no issue showing off my body at times when I am happy with thr condition its in, however alpt of the time thats not the case so even though I would previously have had alot of pictures up I would say I had great body confidence because it is so dependant and linked to the shape I am in at the time.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I had confidence when I was young

None at all the last couple of years

So I joined a naturist society and travel as often as possible to naturist spa's or nude beaches in Amsterdam, Germany and Spain and feel no different to anyone else there

Joining fab and seeing amazing male bodies could wreck your head and make you feel inadequate if you let it but there's always men better and worse than me is the way I look at it

I did start a diet last week and lost 2kg in the first week so hopefully keep going at that to lose the covid weight I put on with one of my jobs closed 18 months

I'm also going to my first house party next week which is one small step for Bog as far as I'm concerned

I'll get there

Im not sure ive ever been body confident. When i look back at the figure i had in my 20s/30s i wasnt particularly happy with it yet id kill to have it now. Since i hit my 40s though i care much less what people think of my body, or of me in general. Would i like to be slimmer, yes, but im the only one who can change that,and lately i just haven't been arsed. If someone wants to see me naked they are gonna have to accept the wobbly bits and the cellulite.

By *ollypop9Woman  over a year ago

wouldn't you like to know

"I'm not body confident at all but I'm confident in myself. I gained weight in recent years for various reasons and honestly, I'm struggling to accept my new shape. But it's how I see me that is the issue not how others see me. I still wouldn't hide myself away or let it stop me having fun. I am how I am. If people don't like my shape they don't have to look. "

Absolutely agree. Same journey here.

Had a bit of a set back last night. Showed up to a meet, had chatted for ages, exchanged face pics, I have pics on fab which show my size, and I even jokingly pointed out in convo how I was a big girl.

Well, we got out of the cars to go into a pub, but he takes one look and says sorry you're not what I thought and leaves.

Look, I respect his choice of course, but in that moment I felt sad. And it's not that easy to come back from at times...

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

Have never been body confident, but its something I hope to work on.

At meets I drink a little to relax and just go fuck it then.

(Dickhead)

I've always struggled with body confidence, since joining here it has improved a bit. If you told me I would post pics like I do now I would have laughed at you.

The one thing I have realised as I have got older is none of it matters as its you as a person that counts.

"I've always struggled with body confidence, since joining here it has improved a bit. If you told me I would post pics like I do now I would have laughed at you.

The one thing I have realised as I have got older is none of it matters as its you as a person that counts. "

100% fact!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I'm not body confident at all but I'm confident in myself. I gained weight in recent years for various reasons and honestly, I'm struggling to accept my new shape. But it's how I see me that is the issue not how others see me. I still wouldn't hide myself away or let it stop me having fun. I am how I am. If people don't like my shape they don't have to look.

Had a bit of a set back last night. Showed up to a meet, had chatted for ages, exchanged face pics, I have pics on fab which show my size, and I even jokingly pointed out in convo how I was a big girl.

Well, we got out of the cars to go into a pub, but he takes one look and says sorry you're not what I thought and leaves.

Look, I respect his choice of course, but in that moment I felt sad. And it's not that easy to come back from at times..."

The guy made a wrong decision which shows him up in a very bad light and not you

He should have had the drink or whatever you'd planned and left at the end of the meet

Not a nice thing to do

"I'm not body confident at all but I'm confident in myself. I gained weight in recent years for various reasons and honestly, I'm struggling to accept my new shape. But it's how I see me that is the issue not how others see me. I still wouldn't hide myself away or let it stop me having fun. I am how I am. If people don't like my shape they don't have to look.

Look, I respect his choice of course, but in that moment I felt sad. And it's not that easy to come back from at times..."

The utter prick! Nasty, nasty, nasty. Am very sorry.

Were not all super models ,were normal every day real people .

Personally and from men I know we prefer a larger woman to be honest.

Nice boobs and nice ass is more than enough for most men. We all have our own wobbly bits ,scars, moles, etc...

I found getting naked with your partner when home alone is a great way to build body confidence. Always leads to riding though lol.

Ladies , If you can't post a public picture of a no make up selfie of yourself your never going to be body confident, its all just a mind set, fear of rejection.

You might be surprised at the attention you get

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

I love my body and that's all that matters (embrace the pear)

Its a horrible feeling and I know from personal experience what it'd like, it crushed me for weeks and I still get upset over it. Like you I am very clear I'm not a small gal and I have one or two full body pics which I share.

His loss girl and let him off guys like that aren't worth pissing on.

"Were not all super models ,were normal every day real people .

Nice boobs and nice ass is more than enough for most men. We all have our own wobbly bits ,scars, moles, etc...

I found getting naked with your partner when home alone is a great way to build body confidence. Always leads to riding though lol.

Ladies , If you can't post a public picture of a no make up selfie of yourself your never going to be body confident, its all just a mind set, fear of rejection.

You might be surprised at the attention you get "

Just to add to my story, my two selfies are clear and no make up pictures to show who I am. There is also a picture of me getting flogged which shows exactly my size. So he knew who he was meeting. Only thing I can think of that I look smaller than he thought in that picture...

Just to add to my story, my two selfies are clear and no make up pictures to show who I am. There is also a picture of me getting flogged which shows exactly my size. So he knew who he was meeting. Only thing I can think of that I look smaller than he thought in that picture..."

It doesn't matter what you pic looks like, he's a nasty prick at end of day what would it have cost him to sit and have a coffee. At end of day it's manners.

By *t777Woman  over a year ago

close by

I'm another that's not body confident as I'm a big girl too. Some guys are arseholes and will say something to make you feel worse where as others are great about it. How do you ever build up your confidence enough to cope with the idiots? They definitely don't know what they are missing.

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Just to add to my story, my two selfies are clear and no make up pictures to show who I am. There is also a picture of me getting flogged which shows exactly my size. So he knew who he was meeting. Only thing I can think of that I look smaller than he thought in that picture..."

He is a massive twat

You recall from the hotlist thread you’re on many’s hotlist. Whatever issues he needs to deal with whereby he gets kicks from making people feel like shit he needs to sort out with a therapist not on fab. This is not about body size preference it’s about being a decent human being

By *azzuMan  over a year ago

belfast

"

It's hard to accept that kind of thing in the moment as anyone in that position would feel sad and downhearted but that's a reflection of him and not you.

You keep being you, there is only one of you!

By *azzuMan  over a year ago

belfast

I honestly think it comes with age and life experience. Most of the people we all deemed good looking in teens/20s/30s were all likely very subconscious about their looks. Seeking validation from others and worried would people see them as attractive or judge them for what they wear etc

As we get on in life you learn alot along the way & the things that are important change, accepting yourself for who you are is more important than seeking anyone else's validation or trying to impress someone else. With that comes confidence which is why I think alot of people here are confident in their own skin. They have a I am what you see attitude if its not for you then, thank you.... next!

By *adbod2020Man  over a year ago

Galway

For me personally, I am who I am.

I have a good cuddly dadbod however im also mad into weight training and cycling. I am a strong build but definitely no Calvin Klein model either.

I am very aware that I'm not going to turn alot of heads but I don't concern myself with that, I'm interested in finding the ones I do turn.

Confidence is about no actually giving a shit really. I treat everyone with respect and hope to receive the same.

Everyone has someone that wants to ride them silly and make them feel fantastic and sexy, you just have to keep looking for them x

Dublin

That sucks Honey. His right or not, of course it hurt. Could have at least had a wee chat and made his excuses. X

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

For me as a big lady I think it is more body acceptance than body confidence. I tried dieting for years and I was absolutely miserable and just kept ending up bigger. So about 10 years ago I decided to just accept that I'm a big girl and try be as healthy as I can around that. I have never looked back and I will give credit to some of the wonderful people here. I discovered that there are people that are genuinely attracted to large ladies and people that care more about the personal connection than the shape of my body. I've come across plenty of nasty characters here too but I feel it says more about their character than it does about me.

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Not overly body confident but I am at the stage where I don’t give a fuck what others think of my body.

At the end of the day, my body keeps me alive, gets me from A - B and let’s me do what I want to do. It’s purely a vessel for what makes me, me.

Some people will be attracted to it, some won’t and that’s perfectly ok.

By *rankbMan  over a year ago

around

OMG - not confident at all - years of struggle with weight.

What I love about fab and what amazes me is the confidence of others and the acceptance by others. Been a hugely positive experience for me and one which I hope others receive from me.

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman  over a year ago

South County Dublin

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you! I'm sure there were a whole host of other negative feelings on top of sadness.

And Kudos to you for being the better person and saying it was his choice to leave. It was his choice. It was a despicable, uncompassionate and selfish choice to make. If you'd had great banter over the chats you've had, there was nothing stopping him being a gentleman and enjoying that drink with you, regardless of whether it would lead to anything more. He wasn't worth your time and is most definitely not worth you losing any confidence - you are the better person!

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

As a lot of people have said, age and the bit of wisdom that comes with it helps a lot. You realise that the only thing holding you back is your insecurities and you say 'F**k it'!

Keeping the weight down helps my body confidence and there's no better motivator than swinging. I find i'm getting more confident the older and more experienced I get.

Mrs

By *vpamelaTV/TS  over a year ago

kinkville

Ageing seems to be my biggest enemy in terms of body and face confidence. I explored crossdressing later in life and do have regrets that I didn't embrace it when I had youth on my side.

I guess I need to make it up by becoming a true slut now?

Limerick

Look, I respect his choice of course, but in that moment I felt sad. And it's not that easy to come back from at times...

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you! I'm sure there were a whole host of other negative feelings on top of sadness.

And Kudos to you for being the better person and saying it was his choice to leave. It was his choice. It was a despicable, uncompassionate and selfish choice to make. If you'd had great banter over the chats you've had, there was nothing stopping him being a gentleman and enjoying that drink with you, regardless of whether it would lead to anything more. He wasn't worth your time and is most definitely not worth you losing any confidence - you are the better person! "

What an asshole, Christ almighty

Pre Fab terrible body confidence issues I saw every bit of cellulite and flab I felt so meh. Hated having sex and only with the lights off. But Fab has made me the opposite I'm extremely confident now. I see women of all sizes and shapes and they are all damn sexy. I think we are conditioned looking at perfect bodies on Instagram. On Fab all bodies are celebrated. I did a boudoir shoot when I first joined fab and it changed my life. I embraced my imperfections and learnt to love my thick thighs and wobbly ass. I now exude confidence and that's helped in my Fab life and my professional life. I went into a interview on Monday that I so wasn't qualified for. But he offered me the job on the spot as he said he loved my confident approach and open manner in the interview.

By *taylor122Man  over a year ago

dublin

First thing I would advise anyone to do is get off insta, none of it is real.

I’ve struggled myself with body issues over the years but have learned to embrace it all as I’ve got older. It helps when you realise that ultimately, no one else cares !!!!

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Swings and roundabouts for me really. How I feel about my body generally depends on multiple factors and what's going on in my life. I definitely have ups and downs, but like most ladies here the older I get the less I care. I'm more focused on how I feel and doing what makes me happy. If someone doesn't like the way I look then they aren't for me. We can't all be attracted to everyone, and I try not to let that affect my confidence.

Struggled for years with this and still do. I suppose it's a combination of relentless media presentations of men with physiques that are unreasonable to maintain and some hang ups about getting grief for being overweight when I was younger.

Glad to see people chatting about it in an open manner. Always pegged it as a female issue until it started impacting on my life.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Right now no not at all. Combo of lack of sleep, snacking and eating my dinner late at night and no gym have put a major kibosh on what id worked so hard for 2 years ago. I would love to say i love my body etc but i dont. I avoid mirrors i cant be lookimg at myself so time to get back to the weights and stop stuffing my face. That much i can control

Galway

[Removed by poster at 16/09/21 13:05:27]

"Pre Fab terrible body confidence issues I saw every bit of cellulite and flab I felt so meh. Hated having sex and only with the lights off. But Fab has made me the opposite I'm extremely confident now. I see women of all sizes and shapes and they are all damn sexy. I think we are conditioned looking at perfect bodies on Instagram. On Fab all bodies are celebrated. I did a boudoir shoot when I first joined fab and it changed my life. I embraced my imperfections and learnt to love my thick thighs and wobbly ass. I now exude confidence and that's helped in my Fab life and my professional life. I went into a interview on Monday that I so wasn't qualified for. But he offered me the job on the spot as he said he loved my confident approach and open manner in the interview. "

Love to read that. Well done. You go girl!

Galway

"Pre Fab terrible body confidence issues I saw every bit of cellulite and flab I felt so meh. Hated having sex and only with the lights off. But Fab has made me the opposite I'm extremely confident now. I see women of all sizes and shapes and they are all damn sexy. I think we are conditioned looking at perfect bodies on Instagram. On Fab all bodies are celebrated. I did a boudoir shoot when I first joined fab and it changed my life. I embraced my imperfections and learnt to love my thick thighs and wobbly ass. I now exude confidence and that's helped in my Fab life and my professional life. I went into a interview on Monday that I so wasn't qualified for. But he offered me the job on the spot as he said he loved my confident approach and open manner in the interview. "

I gotta say, reading that reminds me what I love about Fab. Embraced the right way it opens a new world up to people including feeling confident and sexy.

Congratulations to you on the new job and btw you are hot as hell x

By *arajeanCouple  over a year ago

mayo

I have no issues with my body tg . We all come in different shapes and sizes and just have to make best of what we are enjoy life .

Jean

I am who I am ya... if ya like me as I am great if ya don't may your sexy lingurie be invested by the fleas of a 1000 camels ... Happy fabbing

Dublin

"I am who I am ya... if ya like me as I am great if ya don't may your sexy lingurie be invested by the fleas of a 1000 camels ... Happy fabbing "

Well I don't want Fleas so I better say I like ya as ya are.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I guess we all have bits we're not overly keen on. I never had any serious issues and learned to live/accept that I'm not perfect, but I guess that's also to do with a heathy healthy confidence in general and a liberal upbringing.

However the covid-19 arse has to slim down again.

"I guess we all have bits we're not overly keen on. I never had any serious issues and learned to live/accept that I'm not perfect, but I guess that's also to do with a heathy healthy confidence in general and a liberal upbringing.

However the covid-19 arse has to slim down again. "

Working off the covid gains too, but find my ankles look fantabulous in crocks, they really show the definition

"I guess we all have bits we're not overly keen on. I never had any serious issues and learned to live/accept that I'm not perfect, but I guess that's also to do with a heathy healthy confidence in general and a liberal upbringing.

However the covid-19 arse has to slim down again. "

Aahh Don't! It's lovely

Congratulations. Delighted for you.

And thank you guys for the kind words.

He is an idiot and it's his loss.

Five months ago, before fab, I had low confidence and there was days were I honestly thought that after 4 years of no sex and over 20 of vanilla only, I won't have sex again unless I turned into a stick insect.

Man was I wrong. I've come a long way in a short time and it's all thanks to this great fab community.

And like with all communities, you come across the odd foul egg, but you will notice it's foul stench very quickly and you just get rid.

All of you, keep being fab and happy fabbing.

Lolly x

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

However the covid-19 arse has to slim down again.

Working off the covid gains too, but find my ankles look fantabulous in crocks, they really show the definition"

You should take a pic of them ankles in crocs and maybe show a bit of knee too.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I definitely don't have body confidence I never had and looking back at how my body was in my 20s and 30s I had a great body I just didn't realise it. Now I've a lot more wobbly bits than I'd like and it's a work in progress as they say .

I don't know if I will ever have it but it would be nice to be happier in myself about how I look so here's hoping it will.I know only I can do something about how I look and I've just been too lazy and tired but things are definitely changing now.

South County Dublin

"First thing I would advise anyone to do is get off insta, none of it is real.

I’ve struggled myself with body issues over the years but have learned to embrace it all as I’ve got older. It helps when you realise that ultimately, no one else cares !!!!"

Sure, didn't this all start well before insta. Hollywood, Disney fairytales, glossy women and men's magazines, social media, staged porn...to name but a few. Media has a lot to answer for - for women, men and youngsters alike!

As for me, I was carrying more weight in my younger years than I am now. I always felt frumpy and inadequate. Going through various diets and doing the yo-yo weight, I then found something that changed everything - how I perceive myself, and not caring about those who are toxic on my journey.

I was also always different, growing up as a foreigner in rural 80s and 90s Ireland. Then I worked back "home" in my native country for a number of years in my 20s and thought it'd be easier. But having grown up abroad just made me different again.

With age comes experience, possibly even wisdom . Having gone through more massive upheaval in my life over the last 5 or 6 years, and the things I've learned and opened myself up to, have taught me to accept myself as I am - a perfectly flawed individual, in body and mind. I am me. Am I always happy with how I look, or with what I do in my everyday life? No...not always. But I'm content that I'm doing the best I can to look after me and my body, my family and my friends...

Accept me for who I am and what I look like. Don't try to change me. I try to not let other people's toxicity get me down. That doesn't mean I don't take constructive criticism on board.

"That doesn't mean I don't take constructive criticism on board. "

Why did you leave me ??? WHY was it the beard or my dad bod... Why Why

South County Dublin

"That doesn't mean I don't take constructive criticism on board.

Why did you leave me ??? WHY was it the beard or my dad bod... Why Why "

Oh, I'm a sucker for the beard and I'm sure your dad bod would sync nicely with my mum curves

ballina

Wow, guys so much insight, I love it.

"Wow, guys so much insight, I love it. "

Definitely interesting to read some of the thoughts shared and its good to know that I'm not alone in this.

My confidence in general is a lot better than it was and I'm not as hard on myself now - plus, it's more of a settled confidence, rather than a cocky arrogance.

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

Get confidence when see results from putting alot of effort in at gym ! Don't do it to impress anyone do it for me as enjoy the discipline of it! Never judge anyone else no one is perfect! Just be you doesn't matter what shape a person is personality is far is more important than anything else!

By *ensualnFunCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Congrats! An inspiring story…

I had some body confidence when I was 25, slim with curves and fit… and then… weight gain, motherhood and tiredness… my confidence took a nose dive even though my hubby kept telling me how sexy and gorgeous I was…

Joined Fab and while I’m not quite there my confidence has improved both through meeting fabulous women of all sizes supportive of each other’s unique sexiness and through some sexy meets with appreciative men

Top that up with the fuck it life is too short attitude… and I’m doing good most days

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"I was blown away with people's body confidence when starting this journey. It's a far cry from where people I work with everyday are. I would love to know your thoughts on it. For those who are body confident, what has made you so? For those that are not, where are your hang ups coming from?

From the bloke perspective , those who do ok on here seem to largely not take themselves too seriously , be reliable , respectful and open minded.

Everyone can ride , what it feels like to those you’re having sex with depends on those connectivity factors more than a six pack I suspect .

I work hard to be in good shape for me . It’s in no way for others . If others don’t like my personality/looks/body that’s their problem "

Have to say I agree 100% with what he said and that would be my take on it too

By *ady ChatterleyWoman  over a year ago

Athlone

It's something I've always lacked and always like to leave lingerie on or keep covered as much as I can..

By *ollybirdWoman  over a year ago

Cork

What an absolute wanker.

What an absolute wanker. "

That's a really shitty thing to do to someone.

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

Thats absolutely shocking and sorry that happened to you

There is only 1 word for him " dickhead"

"Im not sure ive ever been body confident. When i look back at the figure i had in my 20s/30s i wasnt particularly happy with it yet id kill to have it now. Since i hit my 40s though i care much less what people think of my body, or of me in general. Would i like to be slimmer, yes, but im the only one who can change that,and lately i just haven't been arsed. If someone wants to see me naked they are gonna have to accept the wobbly bits and the cellulite. "

I've said it before, but I'll say it once more... Red, I think that you look fantastic. Your pictures are always classy and they bring a smile to my face.

You strike me as a woman with tons of personality and someone who takes no shit.

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

"I'm not body confident at all but I'm confident in myself. I gained weight in recent years for various reasons and honestly, I'm struggling to accept my new shape. But it's how I see me that is the issue not how others see me. I still wouldn't hide myself away or let it stop me having fun. I am how I am. If people don't like my shape they don't have to look. "

you My dear are beautiful inside and out xx

kildare

"I honestly think it comes with age and life experience. Most of the people we all deemed good looking in teens/20s/30s were all likely very subconscious about their looks. Seeking validation from others and worried would people see them as attractive or judge them for what they wear etc

As we get on in life you learn alot along the way & the things that are important change, accepting yourself for who you are is more important than seeking anyone else's validation or trying to impress someone else. With that comes confidence which is why I think alot of people here are confident in their own skin. They have a I am what you see attitude if its not for you then, thank you.... next! "

absolutely love this!!

kildare

I think for me with age came some better acceptance of who and what I am, have I the perfect body? hell no but I grew a human who is perfect to me and I gained and lost over 7.5 stone so im feeling pretty great atm ( don't be fecking knocking me now lol)

I genuinely think the ladies and men on this are amazing mo matter what shape, im more about the connection and spark

By *ewitching1Woman  over a year ago

belfast

"I love my body and that's all that matters (embrace the pear) "

Who coukd not embrace that jucy pear

Limerick

Thats absolutely shocking and sorry that happened to you

There is only 1 word for him " dickhead" "

Don't call him Dickhead. Dickhead is a very nice guy

"I love my body and that's all that matters (embrace the pear)

Who coukd not embrace that jucy pear "

Rather partial to peach too

I always suffered from bad self body image right from my teens. It really affected my self confidence and sense of self worth. It’s only in recent years, I’ve gained the confidence to accept my body.

And a lot of that is down to some lovely positive comments from a fabber.

"I always suffered from bad self body image right from my teens. It really affected my self confidence and sense of self worth. It’s only in recent years, I’ve gained the confidence to accept my body.

And a lot of that is down to some lovely positive comments from a fabber."

That's fantastic!

Awk as I'm sure it is for others, posting pics and the like on here is a nice wee way to feel good and give yourself a boost!

However, it's not self-deprecation to say this, I'd be very self-conscious. To the point of suffering from anxiety stemming from it

"Awk as I'm sure it is for others, posting pics and the like on here is a nice wee way to feel good and give yourself a boost!

However, it's not self-deprecation to say this, I'd be very self-conscious. To the point of suffering from anxiety stemming from it"

I can relate to that. Hate to see photos of myself, and that's why clothes can be a great source of confidence for me

Don't look at it as a bad thing look at it as u had a lucky escape that u didn't have to spend anytime with someone like that, he could've had the coffee & a chat & left it at that but didn't as was selfish so probably a selfish lover too and you'd have got nothing out of it

By *isspafWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Terrible body confidence and image before joining fab, definitely have improved but its gonna be one of those things that I feel I will never unlearn unfortunately!

"Terrible body confidence and image before joining fab, definitely have improved but its gonna be one of those things that I feel I will never unlearn unfortunately! "

If it can be learned, then it can be unlearned. That's what I've learned

By *imonlebangMan  over a year ago

Casa Lebang Bang

[Removed by poster at 16/09/21 19:55:56]

By *imonlebangMan  over a year ago

Casa Lebang Bang

It takes all sorts and body confidence in all about state of mind and not being judgemental

Walk a mile on someone else's shoes before you rush to conclusions

By *ightower2021Man  over a year ago

donegal

Have always been very low in confidence here think you either got it r you don't

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

"Terrible body confidence and image before joining fab, definitely have improved but its gonna be one of those things that I feel I will never unlearn unfortunately! "

There’s some great insta pages that advocate for body neutrality and they’ve definitely helped the way I view mine. I also think that following people whose bodies look like your body can make a big difference to how you view yours.

The only time I’ve been fairly confident in my body was when I lost 3 stone after major surgery but sadly I’ve gained nearly 2 of that back since covid as I stopped my daily workout and running.

I’m strangely more confident in the bedroom than in normal working hours.

"Im not sure ive ever been body confident. When i look back at the figure i had in my 20s/30s i wasnt particularly happy with it yet id kill to have it now. Since i hit my 40s though i care much less what people think of my body, or of me in general. Would i like to be slimmer, yes, but im the only one who can change that,and lately i just haven't been arsed. If someone wants to see me naked they are gonna have to accept the wobbly bits and the cellulite.

I've said it before, but I'll say it once more... Red, I think that you look fantastic. Your pictures are always classy and they bring a smile to my face.

You strike me as a woman with tons of personality and someone who takes no shit."

Thank you thats very kind of you.

I never suffered from body confidence until I hit 40 and that's when all hell broke loose. Then 2 shitty years of ups and downs and weight gains was tough. Not only that put being poked at and told you've put on some weight doesn't help either. I since have gotten back to a better place mentally which has helped with some of the extra baggage that I'm managing. Maybe it's all in my head or not but I have my hangups too that I don't like. I am very lucky however that I have my sports that i just can't get enough of and that's my get out of jail free card that helps me to keep in shape but even at that is not easy.

I think the long and short of it is that everyone has something they are not happy with and its all just about managing that in your own way to be happy in yourself. Anyways that's my 2 cents

By *B and TTCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"As a gent fast approaching 40, I made a conscious decision a few years ago to stop worrying about the things I can't control, height, hairline etc and focus on the things I can, education fitness, happiness.

I try my best to look after my body because I 'think' if im not happy with how I look how can I expect a woman to be?

That said, I don't believe for one second that having a six pack will get me laid, far from it.

That's why I rely on my epic chats, charm and wit..

= hence, I'm still single "

Now that's exactly the way to think!

By *nickers pants guyMan  over a year ago

Cork killkenny laois Limerick Offaly kildare carlow Dublin Waterford and everywhere else

I was body confident in my 20s when I had a 6pack lost the confidence in my 30s and now I'm in my 40s I'm super body confident and life confident

By *isspafWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Terrible body confidence and image before joining fab, definitely have improved but its gonna be one of those things that I feel I will never unlearn unfortunately!

There’s some great insta pages that advocate for body neutrality and they’ve definitely helped the way I view mine. I also think that following people whose bodies look like your body can make a big difference to how you view yours. "

Yeah have followed a good view, that and fab helps for sure!

I was lucky to be brought up in a family that was body positive. There was never any mention of looks or clothes being important.

The only negative comment I really remember was about 'being a werewolf' by a family friend as my eyebows joined but I didnt even register it at the time.

Another family friend told off for wearing make-up as it hid my 'gorgeous skin'.

I had hangups in my teens when my body shape changed and I got unwanted attention, I was a bit prudish then but that was a choice.

In my head my body is just the container I walk round in if that makes any sense

"I was lucky to be brought up in a family that was body positive. There was never any mention of looks or clothes being important.

The only negative comment I really remember was about 'being a werewolf' by a family friend as my eyebows joined but I didnt even register it at the time.

Another family friend told off for wearing make-up as it hid my 'gorgeous skin'.

I had hangups in my teens when my body shape changed and I got unwanted attention, I was a bit prudish then but that was a choice.

In my head my body is just the container I walk round in if that makes any sense "

Lovely to hear you’ve always been happy in your own skin!

"I was lucky to be brought up in a family that was body positive. There was never any mention of looks or clothes being important.

In my head my body is just the container I walk round in if that makes any sense

Lovely to hear you’ve always been happy in your own skin!"

Because I never thought too much about it to be honest, on the downside its a thing that often left me a bit of an outsider... theres a social thing about connecting with others through how you look, and talking about it.

Great post OP

xx

By *urfer DudeMan  over a year ago

Cobh

I'm a big n broad fit & healthy guy 180cm tall and I'm currently weighing in around 115kg. According to this BMI nonsense I'm obese, but my muscle to body fat ratio is 30% fat and 42% muscle. I feel much fitter and healthier now than I did when I was a super lean 75kg. If someone doesn't like my body shape, It's their problem. I won't loose any sleep over it.

By *unsigntwoCouple  over a year ago

athlone

For most of my younger yrs I have hated some part of my body! And at this stage I just have to learn to love what I have as it's not going to change at this stage in my life .

ballina

God wow, that was a lot of reading & some brilliant insights. Fab has deffo helped me, i love that I'm aloud to look and enhance my sexuality here, where as in real life I've had to dampem it down.. which was impossible back when I had 36GGG boobs & got unwanted attention. I've seen here in the fab community that old me would have discounted but now I'm like.. ohhh such & such has an amazing ass, or legs or breasts, or thighs, or back or arms or whatever & I just don't see flaws, which I would have before, especiallymy own. And I'm doing that more with myself everyday & I see & acknowledge what I like about myself everyday & it's working.. my biggest problem now is passing a mirror... lol

Great thread op and lovely to see the positive feelings and vibes all of us have gotten from fab and the confidence we have gained

ballina

"Great thread op and lovely to see the positive feelings and vibes all of us have gotten from fab and the confidence we have gained "
ya it's deadly

» Add a new message to this topic