FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > A woman's touch...Myth or Reality?

A woman's touch...Myth or Reality?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ligolad321 OP   Man  over a year ago

Donegal

Had a lady friend stay over recently. I had to head off early for work so left her to sleep on.

Came home after work and the bed was made, room tided up. It struck me, as much as I am a clean freak. There's something different about a woman's touch to things in life.

Now in no way shape or form do I intend this to be any way sexist. I just think women see the world differently, a different attention to detail, a softer touch. I dunno really, but its definitely an aspect I really do miss being a bachelor.

Begs the question, is a woman's touch to things in life an actual thing? What you think?

P.S...

To all the wonderful women out there, you rock xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She trying hard mate! You better keep her, it sounds like she’s worth it.

Some of the messy female bedrooms I’ve seen on here

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

#notallwomen

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't think it's any different just different people do things differently.

I've been in guys houses that are spotlessly clean and in some women's where you have to clamber over the stuff lying everywhere.

I do tend to make my bed in the mornings if pulling a duvet up over counts as making it .

By *ligolad321 OP   Man  over a year ago

Donegal

"Some of the messy female bedrooms I’ve seen on here "

Ha ha, so very true. Iv seen some that would make down town Kabul look tidy..

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

It's how each individual see things like Bo said ive gone to a males home and it was pristine and went to a females home and couldn't tell if it was after been burgled,some men are fantastic with makeup some women look like it was painted on by clowns...

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'd made the bed before leaving but tiding up someone's room is overstepping it.

We do see things different as a matter of perspective, literally and figuratively. But we're not all born homemakers, if that's what you mean, and the soft touch can fade quickly once the love is gone....

Like everyone has said above everyone differs. I always make my bed when I get up in the morning sets me up for the day plus it stops the temptation of getting back under the covers.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

I read somewhere that it's not very healthy to make the bed in the morning as you need to let it breathe after you slept in it all night so now not as obsessed with making a bed.

About woman's touch - just say after dirk cleans the kitchen thoroughly, i can go in and spent another 30 minutes to finish it off.

It's not a woman's touch as such it's attention to detail, different standards, mental state and many more factors that apply to both men and women.

They can be touchy alright!

"Had a lady friend stay over recently. I had to head off early for work so left her to sleep on.

Came home after work and the bed was made, room tided up. It struck me, as much as I am a clean freak. There's something different about a woman's touch to things in life.

Now in no way shape or form do I intend this to be any way sexist. I just think women see the world differently, a different attention to detail, a softer touch. I dunno really, but its definitely an aspect I really do miss being a bachelor.

Begs the question, is a woman's touch to things in life an actual thing? What you think?

P.S...

To all the wonderful women out there, you rock xxx

"

Id say you just liked the feeling of being minded. if you are a clean freak as you say a tidy bed and room would be nothing special in itself. but someone taking time and being thoughtful and considerate to do it for you may be the 'womans touch' you are responding to.

xxx

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

A womans touch is sometimes about Reality and sometimes not.

As Toyah would say.....Its a mythery

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I think it's bullshit. Some people like to do nice things for other people. I'm sure a couple of gay men would say the same about things they do for each other

By *ukeM8519Man  over a year ago

Leitrim and

Stay a bachelor and make your own bed, you’ll be happier in the long run after the honeymoon period wears off a relationship. But still have the occasional lady friend over to make sure your room is clean. ??

Can someone change my bed sheets... no sex required beforhand

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

"I read somewhere that it's not very healthy to make the bed in the morning as you need to let it breathe after you slept in it all night so now not as obsessed with making a bed.

About woman's touch - just say after dirk cleans the kitchen thoroughly, i can go in and spent another 30 minutes to finish it off.

It's not a woman's touch as such it's attention to detail, different standards, mental state and many more factors that apply to both men and women. "

I do this also !! I read its called ' turn done' as we must let the air at it after sleeping in it all night, so i don't make it in the morning u then in down, I've no idea is it true lol

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

"I read somewhere that it's not very healthy to make the bed in the morning as you need to let it breathe after you slept in it all night so now not as obsessed with making a bed.

It's not a woman's touch as such it's attention to detail, different standards, mental state and many more factors that apply to both men and women. "

meant ' turn down' not ' turn done ' stupid long nails

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"It's how each individual see things like Bo said ive gone to a males home and it was pristine and went to a females home and couldn't tell if it was after been burgled,some men are fantastic with makeup some women look like it was painted on by clowns..."

I am the girl whose house looks like it was burgled

By *azzuMan  over a year ago

belfast

My mum always used to say women look with their eyes and men look with their hands.

Always make me laugh when I'm looking for something and can't find it, I think to myself stop lifting or moving objects trying to find what you are looking for and just look properly...... but i guess that saying could be even more relevant on here

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

I think this is societal and maintained by sexism

We can tidy up and make things look good but many of our mums have ran around doing things for us so we don’t bother

Historically We call it a woman’s touch and means we can have a beer when we come home and ‘let’ someone else look after the housework

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan  over a year ago

city

I strongly believe if we had a woman running every country we would have been out of the pandemic long before now..

Women get stuff done for, where as a higj percentag men in Irish politics especially wonder what's in it for them

Women rule

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan  over a year ago

city

*high percentage

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"I think this is societal and maintained by sexism

We can tidy up and make things look good but many of our mums have ran around doing things for us so we don’t bother

Historically We call it a woman’s touch and means we can have a beer when we come home and ‘let’ someone else look after the housework

"

I agree. It's a bit of a cop-out saying that women are better at this stuff... it hints at what "women's work" and "men's work" is

By *ightower2021Man  over a year ago

donegal

[Removed by poster at 13/09/21 10:02:23]

» Add a new message to this topic