FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The man in the arena

The man in the arena

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elilah OP   Couple  over a year ago

ballina

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

I'M PROUND TO STAND BEHIND THE MAYO TEAM!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

I'M PROUND TO STAND BEHIND THE MAYO TEAM! "

dublin/galway

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

I'M PROUND TO STAND BEHIND THE MAYO TEAM! "

I soooo agree all this they were shite they are fine young men who played with pride for their county

They may have lost but they got to the sll Ireland final they are deserving of respect not ridicule

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't be one to criticise any athlete that goes out and gives it their all - they were simply beaten by a better team and I'd imagine that having the pressure and expectation such as that the Mayo team have would be a terrible burden to any player.

A good match and I'm sure bitter disappointment for the Mayo lads who must feel devestated by their loss.

dublin/galway

"I wouldn't be one to criticise any athlete that goes out and gives it their all - they were simply beaten by a better team and I'd imagine that having the pressure and expectation such as that the Mayo team have would be a terrible burden to any player.

A good match and I'm sure bitter disappointment for the Mayo lads who must feel devestated by their loss."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well said OP

It was a cracking match! All players deserved an ovation for what they gave out there, and what they gave to get there too.

Only 1 team could win it but thats sport for ya, no disrespect to the runner's-up

dublin/galway

"Well said OP

It was a cracking match! All players deserved an ovation for what they gave out there, and what they gave to get there too.

Only 1 team could win it but thats sport for ya, no disrespect to the runner's-up"

Agree totally but so many are disrespecting mayo.

Fine young men who played their hearts out but someone has to lose

» Add a new message to this topic