FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How many lives ?

How many lives ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asual777 OP   Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

So you’re getting on well with someone on fab either as a friend or more. Known them a while and think they’re sound . All of a sudden they behave in a way you don’t like . A message isn’t replied to , or they reply rudely , or they’re obnoxious on the forum . How many mistakes are you allowing ? How many lives , using the cat analogy , does your friendship have ? Or are there so many more fish in the sea , and perhaps you have finally seen their true side , that it’s to move away and move on ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

i travel all over

It goes without saying to keep things anonymous and respectful . It’s your general approach which I d be interested to hear about .

By *onegalstudMan  over a year ago

Letterkenny

"So you’re getting on well with someone on fab either as a friend or more. Known them a while and think they’re sound . All of a sudden they behave in a way you don’t like . A message isn’t replied to , or they reply rudely , or they’re obnoxious on the forum . How many mistakes are you allowing ? How many lives , using the cat analogy , does your friendship have ? Or are there so many more fish in the sea , and perhaps you have finally seen their true side , that it’s to move away and move on ? "

Personally not something i would take to the forums. Best just move on and not be phased. All part off fab.

By *iss3BWoman  over a year ago

north down

It would differ for me depending on the person and the occurrence that I didn't like. I've however learnt not to keep giving chances over and over to people.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Someone asked me once through an unrelated thread why I didn't acknowledge him publicly in the forums. It was a strange question because we weren't friends and had only exchanged a couple of messages about a forum game and I don't spend my time in the forums validating others.

It proved to me that for many people this is a popularity contest who also like to attach themselves to perceived popularity.

Those people may get one life but never a second. It's often not what is said but more about what is not said. Shallow friendships based on things like that hold no interest for me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No second chances move on giving the site we on

"No second chances move on giving the site we on"

Absolutely, this is for entertainment, not tedious drama or second chances.

I think it would depend on the infringement, and also if a pattern began to emerge.

I had typed out a big long example to try and put that statement into context but even then, the scenario I used had variables. Which causes me to think it's gut feeling thing? That if our general overall feeling about someone is positive we forgive certain things more readily and we're more tolerant than if it's someone we have a less favourable vibe about?

Having said all that, there are definitely situations there is no coming back from

"I think it would depend on the infringement, and also if a pattern began to emerge.

I had typed out a big long example to try and put that statement into context but even then, the scenario I used had variables. Which causes me to think it's gut feeling thing? That if our general overall feeling about someone is positive we forgive certain things more readily and we're more tolerant than if it's someone we have a less favourable vibe about?

Having said all that, there are definitely situations there is no coming back from

"

Agreed.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I don't easily get my knickers into a twist over trifles like an unanswered message. We all have lifes outside fab.

And I don't think I would engage with a person who has major personality swings in the first place, my drama alarm is pretty reliable.

I think the other thing that plays a part is cause and effect. If someone we've built a really good rapport with suddenly behaves in a way that's really out of character, we might wonder if they have something going on that's caused it. I know that occasionally my reactions and actions may be influenced by external factors and I'm sure many others are the same.

All these things are pertinent to real life also, not just Fab

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Also depends why your friends in the first place

"Also depends why your friends in the first place

"

True, I always extend more leeway to people with cake recipes

somewhere

True, I always extend more leeway to people with cake recipes "

What about just with cakes

What about just with cakes "

Hmm, what kind?

somewhere

Hmm, what kind? "

Whatever you bloody like

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

I was friends with someone on here and for months we chatted daily on here and on another chat app

we interacted regularly on the forum page...They left for a while and came back under a new profile,I messaged to say hi and welcome back but they said they didn't know me and they were new I must be mistaken them for someone else,so I blocked them there's no second or third chance there....

By *hris 1000200Man  over a year ago

kells

2 strikes and out ,,I've enough drama going on

I dont tolerate ass hats, bad manners, no shows and those who think they are gods greatest gift or treat people here like cheap or free whores to be used. I have blocked people id previously verified as ok and decent when they showed themselves later to be otherwise.

"2 strikes and out ,,I've enough drama going on "

I rarely pay attention to how people react on here. If they don't reply to a message, it's an indication they're not interested.

If they do, I don't take it as given that they want to meet.

As for forums, I only jump in the odd time on threads that grab my attention.

I'm here looking to fuck. Not make friends.

i travel all over

Genuinely cannot believe such a serious thread is yet again taken up with flirting . What kind of website is this ??

Hmm, what kind?

Whatever you bloody like "

i travel all over

Hmm, what kind?

Whatever you bloody like "

Genuinely cannot believe such a serious thread is yet again taken up with flirting . What kind of website is this ??

"I think the other thing that plays a part is cause and effect. If someone we've built a really good rapport with suddenly behaves in a way that's really out of character, we might wonder if they have something going on that's caused it. I know that occasionally my reactions and actions may be influenced by external factors and I'm sure many others are the same.

All these things are pertinent to real life also, not just Fab"

Very well said.

Depends on the situation, I will give people a second chance but if you cross me I'm done.

i travel all over

"Depends on the situation, I will give people a second chance but if you cross me I'm done. "

Noted !

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I don't take the vast majority of comments on here too seriously. I'd happily disagree with people here and would still enjoy a chat and a social and see how things go.

The only hard rule would be against bigoted people who strongly held unpleasant opinions about peoole different to themselves. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire

I guess it depends if they are a friend I’d call them out on it if it’s someone I’m attracted too the attraction would probably disappear and they would be dead to me

I would not assume to much as we all have lives in the real world

By *iss3BWoman  over a year ago

north down

Hmm, what kind?

Whatever you bloody like

"

And it's not with you again lol

i travel all over

Hmm, what kind?

Whatever you bloody like

And it's not with you again lol "

Yes I only get mad when it doesn’t involve me tbh. Not narcissistic though or anything

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It would depend on the friendship and what happened really.

A good friend I would talk to them unless I thought they were actually not the person I originally thought they were then it would probably just fizzle out.And never go back to what it was previously.

If it was someone I was thinking of meeting and they were being one way in private and someone else in public then it would make me question which is the real person and just not bother meeting them. I actually have to like people I meet .

There is a difference between giving someone a second chance when they mess up and allowing someone free rein to abuse a friendship.It should be a two way street if someone is doing all the taking then walk away.

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"I think the other thing that plays a part is cause and effect. If someone we've built a really good rapport with suddenly behaves in a way that's really out of character, we might wonder if they have something going on that's caused it. I know that occasionally my reactions and actions may be influenced by external factors and I'm sure many others are the same.

i travel all over

Yes agree. People are allowed to have shit days and behave out of sorts but if it recurs or they cross certain lines then it just ain’t worth it

i travel all over

"I dont tolerate ass hats, bad manners, no shows and those who think they are gods greatest gift or treat people here like cheap or free whores to be used. I have blocked people id previously verified as ok and decent when they showed themselves later to be otherwise. "

I think blocking people should remove the veri You left them

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"I think it would depend on the infringement, and also if a pattern began to emerge.

"

Yea the pattern is key. I've been let down a few times and have just let it go but who am I kidding, if your gut feeling says to move on, move on

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

"So you’re getting on well with someone on fab either as a friend or more. Known them a while and think they’re sound . All of a sudden they behave in a way you don’t like . A message isn’t replied to , or they reply rudely , or they’re obnoxious on the forum . How many mistakes are you allowing ? How many lives , using the cat analogy , does your friendship have ? Or are there so many more fish in the sea , and perhaps you have finally seen their true side , that it’s to move away and move on ? "

I don't have a hard and fast rule. Everyone has the potential to be a dick at some point but I ultimately believe everyone is good at heart.

That being said, I'm not going to allow my mental energy to be drained by anyone. If I notice that starting to happen I'll naturally drift away.

"I dont tolerate ass hats, bad manners, no shows and those who think they are gods greatest gift or treat people here like cheap or free whores to be used. I have blocked people id previously verified as ok and decent when they showed themselves later to be otherwise.

I think blocking people should remove the veri You left them "

I'd agree with that.

"I dont tolerate ass hats, bad manners, no shows and those who think they are gods greatest gift or treat people here like cheap or free whores to be used. I have blocked people id previously verified as ok and decent when they showed themselves later to be otherwise.

I think blocking people should remove the veri You left them "

It does doesn't it!?

i travel all over

It does doesn't it!? "

I thought only leaving the site does

It does doesn't it!?

I thought only leaving the site does "

No im quite sure blocking does too.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It does doesn't it!?

No im quite sure blocking does too."

Ye it removes it while you have them blocked.

It does doesn't it!?

No im quite sure blocking does too."

So, if you have one verification and that person blocks you, you lose your verified status?

Belfast

It does doesn't it!?

So, if you have one verification and that person blocks you, you lose your verified status?"

No it just hides the veri but the green tick remains. The same as if they leave the site

It does doesn't it!?

So, if you have one verification and that person blocks you, you lose your verified status?"

No you still have the green tick to show you have been verified but the actual veri disappears so you can't display it.

It does doesn't it!?

So, if you have one verification and that person blocks you, you lose your verified status?

No it just hides the veri but the green tick remains. The same as if they leave the site"

Snap

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 03/09/21 22:11:44]

Belfast

It does doesn't it!?

No it just hides the veri but the green tick remains. The same as if they leave the site

Snap "

Fools seldom differ?

It does doesn't it!?

Snap "

Thanks for clarifying that guys

» Add a new message to this topic