FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Loki

Loki

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So what did everyone think about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

This looks really good I don't have Disney plus at the moment I'm still working my way through stuff on Amazon prime but it's on my list of things to watch

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

“I don’t see them. I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema,” Scorsese told Empire. “Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Will watch it later

By *asterandhissparklesCouple  over a year ago

tipperary

Same here..will watch it later with the kids

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Didn't even know it was a thing yet. I hope it's better than Eagle and the winter army man

Started it yesterday not sure about Owen Wilson, turned it off as had to get back to work

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Was working late last night so have it for tonight....really looking forward to it

By *herry...Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Will watch it over the weekend

By *onny26IrishMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Loved it was really looking forward to this series and it delivers the goods!

Watched it last night, hard to tell after 1 episode tho. We'll see how it goes.

By * peas in a podCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

I was really excited about this but was a bit of a let down and for now I'm on the fence about it. I'll give it another episode before making up my mind.

I can't stand Owen Wilson so that's a negative for me straight away.

Those without Disney Plus, use Tea TV online or get the app and watch everything for free. I've been using it years and it's great.

Mrs. Pea

"“I don’t see them. I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema,” Scorsese told Empire. “Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”"

Amen to that!! It’s a sad pity that most films these days are all franchises, reboots and sequels. No one in Hollywood seems to have an original idea anymore.

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I'll wait for the whole thing to come out and then binge...

I made a mistake of watching Mandalorian on the schedule, it was painful.

But, it's Marvel, I don't expect much, TBH.

I find a lot of the spin offs from movies are cheapen the whole thing and just a money racket that half the time don't amount to anything and just get dropped after the first season or two which can leave you wanting if you actually got into them.

I'll give it a go and see I'm bit promising anything though

Watching it later tonight. Heard it was good

somewhere

Really enjoyed it.I like the character and the premise so I'll watch it

"I was really excited about this but was a bit of a let down and for now I'm on the fence about it. I'll give it another episode before making up my mind.

I can't stand Owen Wilson so that's a negative for me straight away.

Those without Disney Plus, use Tea TV online or get the app and watch everything for free. I've been using it years and it's great.

Mrs. Pea "

I can't stand Owen Wilson so I'm definitely still undecided. Watched it and I kinda like it but I just don't know of the appeal is there

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Pile of shite. Like tom.hiddleston but no. Just no

By *heTantrixMan  over a year ago

Cabinteely

I see a lot of comments about not liking Owen Wilson hence not watching Loki. What did Owen do to be hated like this?

somewhere

"I see a lot of comments about not liking Owen Wilson hence not watching Loki. What did Owen do to be hated like this?"

He's practically the same character in everything he's in really

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

"“I don’t see them. I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema,” Scorsese told Empire. “Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”

Amen to that!! It’s a sad pity that most films these days are all franchises, reboots and sequels. No one in Hollywood seems to have an original idea anymore."

Yeah but then remember that Scorsese made us sit through 3hrs of The Irishman and there's a lot of unforgivable items in that, never mind the actor being a Wop not a Mick!

The Marvel Cinema Studios have creative control over the series now, that’s why the lines are all now to do with the movie spin-off characters, and they all are setting up Phase 4 movies. It’s all about the MCU these days.

Same is happening for DC, hence Snyder Cut of Justice League, etc...

That said, Loki does a really good job of tying the movies and series’ all together, and retcon explaining a lot of unexplored story arcs from the past 23 movies and half dozen stand alone series outside MCU, like Daredevil, Defenders, etc...

I’d say give it another episode or two before condemning the whole thing - just look how Wandavision turned out (and that’ll tie into Loki too).

By * peas in a podCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

Ok, so watched episode 2 and no. Won't be continuing with this series. It's a pity, I had high hopes for this but between Owen Wilson, the story line, lack of anything interesting actually happened, it's not for me.

Mrs Pea

By *upermanslovechildMan  over a year ago

Glasnevin

"“I don’t see them. I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema,” Scorsese told Empire. “Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”"
So your opinion is to quote Scorsese? Or are you feeling us you had the exact word for word opinion on a show that was just released even though that his quote is nearly three years old at this stage?

A bit too low-key for my liking.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"So what did everyone think about it. "

Watched the first episode and couldn't really get my head around it.. Hear great reviews but not its for me..

somewhere

Just finished the second episode....I'm enjoying it

We're quite enjoying where it's going to be honest. The only gripe I have is the alternative one should have black hair instead of blonde as thats the way they were in the comics.

I know its small but it bugged the hell out of me when I saw it

Late to the party, but on a bit of a free trial with Disney+ and it’s actually better than I expected from the trailer so far .. only a few episodes in and quite entertaining!

Much better than the opening episode of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier that bored me so much I turned off halfway through (does that get any better does anyone know? Worth persevering with!?)

» Add a new message to this topic