FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Whats appropriate?

Whats appropriate?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Because I don't want to keep hijacking the hottest profile thread I'd like to hear people's opinions here.

Now while I find appreciation threads a bit cringy in general I dont understand the argument that one person receiving a comoliment or appreciation should make another person feel inadequate.

There was a "who is the funniest fabber" thread last week and there was no issue.

Isn't just appearance we feel the need to be discreet about saying who we prefer?

Does hearing someone else being complimented make you feel worse about yourself?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think they come across as being a lick arse in my opinion.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

They don't make me feel inadequate but in all honesty the vast majority of the funniest fabber thread was about people who are no longer here.

It's all fine and well throwing out names for one reason or another but it's bound to put people off if others feel the current crop of posters don't measure up.

"I think they come across as being a lick arse in my opinion."

It wasn't really what I was getting at, but could the argument be made its more lick arsey to say ah sure they are all the hottest

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I'll be brutally honest

There's people on here that are no oil painting in the convention manner

( Im counting myself )

I'd like to think that I have other attributes to offer to others

While I'm not jealous of anyone getting a shout out on this type of thread it makes me feel a little more insecure as if I shouldn't really be on a site like this

Thats all

I've told plenty of couples/ women that they look great or that one of their pictures is sexy as hell ..I prefer it that way ...but each to their own

I also feel type fab this for a fuck on a picture is cringy as is sending out loads of winks to get your picture to number 1

"They don't make me feel inadequate but in all honesty the vast majority of the funniest fabber thread was about people who are no longer here.

It's all fine and well throwing out names for one reason or another but it's bound to put people off if others feel the current crop of posters don't measure up. "

being a oastbor present member wasn't stipulated so that shouldn't really matter.

I'm sorry I don't really understand the second part... blame Monday

They're OK.. A bit of fun and maybe a way of letting someone know you fancy them.

My issue with them is there are some people who might struggle with confidence and when they see plaudits being handed out to a certain kind of body type, it exacerbates that confidence knock... Its very clichéd I know but there's beauty in everyone..those threads aren't needed to point that out is all.

"I'll be brutally honest

There's people on here that are no oil painting in the convention manner

( Im counting myself )

I'd like to think that I have other attributes to offer to others

While I'm not jealous of anyone getting a shout out on this type of thread it makes me feel a little more insecure as if I shouldn't really be on a site like this

Thats all

I've told plenty of couples/ women that they look great or that one of their pictures is sexy as hell ..I prefer it that way ...but each to their own

I also feel type fab this for a fuck on a picture is cringy as is sending out loads of winks to get your picture to number 1

"

Thanks for the answer BM. I guess that goes to the 2 issues I am trying to understand.

Why does hearing who someone thinks is hottest make you feel that way.

And

Where is the line, should public compliments be reserved, should physical preferences not be discussed?

"They're OK.. A bit of fun and maybe a way of letting someone know you fancy them.

My issue with them is there are some people who might struggle with confidence and when they see plaudits being handed out to a certain kind of body type, it exacerbates that confidence knock... Its very clichéd I know but there's beauty in everyone..those threads aren't needed to point that out is all. "

Where do we as a community draw the line though?

For instance I would have found your thread about people with big bellies wearing skinny jeans far more detrimental to people's body confidence but some people see that as lighthearted commentary

Belfast

"They don't make me feel inadequate but in all honesty the vast majority of the funniest fabber thread was about people who are no longer here.

It's all fine and well throwing out names for one reason or another but it's bound to put people off if others feel the current crop of posters don't measure up. being a oastbor present member wasn't stipulated so that shouldn't really matter.

I'm sorry I don't really understand the second part... blame Monday "

The second part is that people take particular comments differently.

The funniest fabber thread was mostly about people who used to make the forums a fun place to be.

Quite often someone will post about how the forums are nasty and argumentative and how they are getting abused and another member who may have been here for years almost dismisses those concerns by saying oh you should have been here when such and such was happening or so and so was much funnier than anyone here now.

It's all relative and what some find entertaining or funny others take offence at or take it personally.

Taking offence at compliments directed to others is surely the preserve of those whose narcissism cannot countenance the idea that they are not the most attractive person on fab, to everyone, without exception. The level of self-centredness involved is pretty staggering.

It's a little different if some praises a person's specific characteristics while knocking the bodies that don't share the same attributes, there's no need for that.

By *-ManMan  over a year ago

Kark

Do any of these threads actually appreciate the named poster?

Seems to me it's labelled wrong, they might like their pics or post but as for genuinely appreciating someone, I feel you can only do that if there was some sort of exchange, as in one poster defends another.

"Do any of these threads actually appreciate the named poster?

Seems to me it's labelled wrong, they might like their pics or post but as for genuinely appreciating someone, I feel you can only do that if there was some sort of exchange, as in one poster defends another. "

Depends on your use and definition of appreciation.

It had a clear use on forum boards though...

Again not really the point I was asking about.

I appreciate the quality of Kevim De Bruyne's passing never spoke to the fella

It's all fine and well throwing out names for one reason or another but it's bound to put people off if others feel the current crop of posters don't measure up. being a oastbor present member wasn't stipulated so that shouldn't really matter.

I'm sorry I don't really understand the second part... blame Monday

The second part is that people take particular comments differently.

The funniest fabber thread was mostly about people who used to make the forums a fun place to be.

Quite often someone will post about how the forums are nasty and argumentative and how they are getting abused and another member who may have been here for years almost dismisses those concerns by saying oh you should have been here when such and such was happening or so and so was much funnier than anyone here now.

It's all relative and what some find entertaining or funny others take offence at or take it personally."

Gotcha sorry I couldn't figure out how it related to the physical type threads but you weren't speaking about that

I do feel that compliment threads can be a bit clicky so can understand how people may feel left out... But in general I don't have an issue with it... We all appreciate what we like and there are worse things.... That being said giving a few compliments outside the usual gang might not be such 1 bad thing

"Taking offence at compliments directed to others is surely the preserve of those whose narcissism cannot countenance the idea that they are not the most attractive person on fab, to everyone, without exception. The level of self-centredness involved is pretty staggering.

It's a little different if some praises a person's specific characteristics while knocking the bodies that don't share the same attributes, there's no need for that.

"

Ah come one not everyone who has an issue with those thread can be because they think they are the hottest person on here?

I would have thought it was more likely opposite and that it was aggravating very real insecurities if anything?

Belfast

Everyone on here likes sex and we all like a certain amount of attention from others. Otherwise we wouldn't post in the forums or display pics.

Some people however need those things on a daily basis. It's their oxygen and they don't have the capacity to share that oxygen with others.

"I do feel that compliment threads can be a bit clicky so can understand how people may feel left out... But in general I don't have an issue with it... We all appreciate what we like and there are worse things.... That being said giving a few compliments outside the usual gang might not be such 1 bad thing "

Ya I can't argue that point tbf...

Saying that I dont browse hot pics or many profiles outside my local updates so most of the people that would spring to mind for me are those I interact with, not sure if that's being cliquey...

Belfast

"Taking offence at compliments directed to others is surely the preserve of those whose narcissism cannot countenance the idea that they are not the most attractive person on fab, to everyone, without exception. The level of self-centredness involved is pretty staggering.

Ah come one not everyone who has an issue with those thread can be because they think they are the hottest person on here?

I would have thought it was more likely opposite and that it was aggravating very real insecurities if anything?"

There are many different types of insecurities.

By *-ManMan  over a year ago

Kark

"Do any of these threads actually appreciate the named poster?

Seems to me it's labelled wrong, they might like their pics or post but as for genuinely appreciating someone, I feel you can only do that if there was some sort of exchange, as in one poster defends another.

Depends on your use and definition of appreciation.

It had a clear use on forum boards though...

Again not really the point I was asking about.

I appreciate the quality of Kevim De Bruyne's passing never spoke to the fella "

Fair point and exactly re Kevin, I appreciate he won the genetics lotto for passing a ball(along with a lot of practice)

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

They can be a cringy but they don't really bother me either I usually take them with a pinch of salt.

I don't mind if someone I have chatted to or chat to names others really and I think people need to realise that people you are chatting to normally have other chats going as well.

Some people's photos on here are great and deserve recognition and quite often they get them in those threads.

Why it would make anyone else feel inadequate is more their issue rather than the person naming people. And fab can be a place that will knock your confidence just as much as it can build it.

Should people say names ye if they want to why not it might just get attention of the person named which is usually the main reason behind those threads .It's fab and I don't see it as a bad thing if it works.

And it's easy enough to pass by those threads if you think you may get upset by others getting named or by not being named. Those threads will always happen on here and over time the names change as well.

I would have thought it was more likely opposite and that it was aggravating very real insecurities if anything?"

I have to agree with these reactions coming from a place of insecurity. I've been guilty of feeling that way on many occasions but that's about me, how I see myself and making physical comparisons. It's also about perception (as are most things) of another woman being named. I don't compare myself to the men obviously. But I have found the same names come up and they are regular forum posters and hot pic toppers.. Just my two cents on the matter.

I thing they are cringe but it also helps with filters , they will always be part of fab as for been appropriate, guess we could ask that of any thread. I've seen people give out about normal topics been discussed on a sex site.

I would have thought it was more likely opposite and that it was aggravating very real insecurities if anything?

I have to agree with these reactions coming from a place of insecurity. I've been guilty of feeling that way on many occasions but that's about me, how I see myself and making physical comparisons. It's also about perception (as are most things) of another woman being named. I don't compare myself to the men obviously. But I have found the same names come up and they are regular forum posters and hot pic toppers.. Just my two cents on the matter. "

Were you always able to identify how these threads affected you and why?

Do you avoid them now?

How do compliments that happen more organically on other threads affect you?

"They're OK.. A bit of fun and maybe a way of letting someone know you fancy them.

My issue with them is there are some people who might struggle with confidence and when they see plaudits being handed out to a certain kind of body type, it exacerbates that confidence knock... Its very clichéd I know but there's beauty in everyone..those threads aren't needed to point that out is all.

For instance I would have found your thread about people with big bellies wearing skinny jeans far more detrimental to people's body confidence but some people see that as lighthearted commentary "

My thread was intended to ask what was appropriate as regards an age thing.. (what age should people stop wearing hipster jeans etc) and thge example I used was an annomous individual. Fab is a smaller place... People whose confidence has taken a knock on fab is a much different thing to a complete stranger.

Belfast

I have to agree with these reactions coming from a place of insecurity. I've been guilty of feeling that way on many occasions but that's about me, how I see myself and making physical comparisons. It's also about perception (as are most things) of another woman being named. I don't compare myself to the men obviously. But I have found the same names come up and they are regular forum posters and hot pic toppers.. Just my two cents on the matter. "

I can't compare my physical appearance to other men on here because the vast majority of forum posters are much younger and fitter so I don't even try.

At times though it's not always about what others think of your appearance. It can often be just about perceived popularity and if someone is prolific on the forums they are therefore seen by many as being popular and to some if they don't get a mention or two it must mean they aren't as popular.

You misunderstand the true nature of narcissism, it is in fact rooted in abysmal self - esteem.

I have to agree with these reactions coming from a place of insecurity. I've been guilty of feeling that way on many occasions but that's about me, how I see myself and making physical comparisons. It's also about perception (as are most things) of another woman being named. I don't compare myself to the men obviously. But I have found the same names come up and they are regular forum posters and hot pic toppers.. Just my two cents on the matter.

Were you always able to identify how these threads affected you and why?

Do you avoid them now?

How do compliments that happen more organically on other threads affect you?

"

All of my reactions come from a place of self awareness and reflection. I know one person's comment cannot effect me in any way (positively or negatively) without being directly related to me allowing it, how I feel in myself and what my take on it.

As for compliments elsewhere, unless it's aimed and intended for me, I largely ignore..

"I do feel that compliment threads can be a bit clicky so can understand how people may feel left out... But in general I don't have an issue with it... We all appreciate what we like and there are worse things.... That being said giving a few compliments outside the usual gang might not be such 1 bad thing

Ya I can't argue that point tbf...

Saying that I dont browse hot pics or many profiles outside my local updates so most of the people that would spring to mind for me are those I interact with, not sure if that's being cliquey...

"

.. We are all guilty of being clicky.. I know i can be. Its not a bad thing necessarily but when others do make a genuine effort too its nice to see them deservedly complimented.

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

My only problem with these types of threads is that some people use them to get around filters...they can’t mail the person or haven’t gotten a response from them so they try to get their attention this way instead. Cringy af

For instance I would have found your thread about people with big bellies wearing skinny jeans far more detrimental to people's body confidence but some people see that as lighthearted commentary

My thread was intended to ask what was appropriate as regards an age thing.. (what age should people stop wearing hipster jeans etc) and thge example I used was an annomous individual. Fab is a smaller place... People whose confidence has taken a knock on fab is a much different thing to a complete stranger. "

I get that individual wouldn't be affected.

But surely a thread stating that someone with a particular body type and age shouldn't wear a particular type of clothes is going to affect people more than one saying that you think someone else is hot that doesn't negatively comment on an aspect of someone's age/appearance

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Also, boooobs are you researching on behalf of Sydney University

You misunderstand the true nature of narcissism, it is in fact rooted in abysmal self - esteem "

Fair enough

"My only problem with these types of threads is that some people use them to get around filters...they can’t mail the person or haven’t gotten a response from them so they try to get their attention this way instead. Cringy af"

The cringe factor is not being debated

And no Sydney University is not funding this research directly or indirectly

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"My only problem with these types of threads is that some people use them to get around filters...they can’t mail the person or haven’t gotten a response from them so they try to get their attention this way instead. Cringy af"

I agree. I find them cringey. I don’t even look at them anymore, it’s embarrassing. It’s same people over and over ass-licking the same people over and over and not getting anywhere.

I also have lost respect for people when I’ve seen them simper over someone who is probably shaking their head at them. Ugh. Pick yourself up man.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

As you might assume OP, I couldn't be arsed, I've quit the competition game a long time ago. I get my fair share of cock and that's all I'm here for.

Still have an opinion about those threads.

They're creepy, arse licking and cringey.

They're normally a mix of the hotpic competion and the forum popularity contest, in other words same old same old.

Knowing how much drama the hot pics produce, I'd imagine those threads only add another layer to it.

"As you might assume OP, I couldn't be arsed, I've quit the competition game a long time ago. I get my fair share of cock and that's all I'm here for.

They're normally a mix of the hotpic competion and the forum popularity contest, in other words same old same old.

Knowing how much drama the hot pics produce, I'd imagine those threads only add another layer to it.

"

I'd have assumed that alright for some reason

The cringiness wasn't in question.

It was more how it seems to negatively affect people because they aren't mentioned I was looking for expansion on

By *j47Man  over a year ago

dublin

"As you might assume OP, I couldn't be arsed, I've quit the competition game a long time ago. I get my fair share of cock and that's all I'm here for.

"

Oh my u look devine I'd lick ur arse any day

"

Couldn't agree more

By *j47Man  over a year ago

dublin

I'd have assumed that alright for some reason

The cringiness wasn't in question.

It was more how it seems to negatively affect people because they aren't mentioned I was looking for expansion on "

I have being a few threads overtime and think I know what u mean but honestly not being mentioned on the shall we say good looking/fittest fabber doesn't really impact me negatively as I have a peculiar set of skills and likes that not every body would enjoy or like so coming on here i think I accepted early in my time that i am not for everybody and also surprised by the people that I do attract

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

That's true as well DH especially about the hot pics drama

I mostly avoid them. I sometimes have cripplingly low self esteem (not just physically). 95% of the time I feel passable, 0.5% of the time I'm bossin' it

So, depending on my frame of mind at any given time, such things can set of a spiral of further self loathing and feelings of inadequacy. But that's completely and totally my problem. It's so difficult to explain. I don't resent others being paid a compliment at all and I don't think that I should be the hottest/funniest/most clever, it's more what signals my rinky dinky synapses fire off in response, so I try not to get involved in those threads.

K

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"

That's true as well DH especially about the hot pics drama "

Omg the hot pic SHITE. So painful.

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

I don't mind appreciation threads. They can be a handy way for people that are into a certain type to highlight it. It's just a pity that they get ambushed by negativity so much. Skinny/athletic appreciation threads get hijacked by people that are into or are plus sized and bbw appreciation threads get hijacked by people that are into or are skinny/athletic. Can we all not just like what we like without forcing it on anyone else?

Sorry if this went off topic a little op.

"

Omg the hot pic SHITE. So painful. "

Can I make another thread about hot pic drama cause I want the details

"I don't mind appreciation threads. They can be a handy way for people that are into a certain type to highlight it. It's just a pity that they get ambushed by negativity so much. Skinny/athletic appreciation threads get hijacked by people that are into or are plus sized and bbw appreciation threads get hijacked by people that are into or are skinny/athletic. Can we all not just like what we like without forcing it on anyone else?

Sorry if this went off topic a little op. "

No.worried I never stick to the topic myself and its kind of where my thinking is too

"I mostly avoid them. I sometimes have cripplingly low self esteem (not just physically). 95% of the time I feel passable, 0.5% of the time I'm bossin' it

So, depending on my frame of mind at any given time, such things can set of a spiral of further self loathing and feelings of inadequacy. But that's completely and totally my problem. It's so difficult to explain. I don't resent others being paid a compliment at all and I don't think that I should be the hottest/funniest/most clever, it's more what signals my rinky dinky synapses fire off in response, so I try not to get involved in those threads.

K

"

I'd be in a similar boat you. I wouldn't have the best self esteem so these posts depending on my frame of mind that day serve nothing other then to make me worry about my weight more or how I'm perceived to others. Ultimately that's all on me so I try not to comment or watch the threads cause I generally come down hard on myself. As you said I don't resent others the compliments,I honestly believe everyone here brings something attractive to the table. Just what it is depends on the eyes of the beholder!

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

I don't think there is any one person here that doesn't have moments of self doubt. Its human nature and perfectly acceptable. Would I let an appreciation thread or who is the hottest person here affect me,absolutely not. Does it bother me to see the threads again its a no. I don't get involved in those threads as its more of arse licking to certain people. Some think and hope it's a stepping stone to meeting some of these ladies or hoping for a party invite Personally I find it cringey.

"

Omg the hot pic SHITE. So painful. "

... Totally agree... Ugh

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"

Omg the hot pic SHITE. So painful. ... Totally agree... Ugh "

What's the hot pic shite? We must be living under a stone

By *taylor122Man  over a year ago

dublin

[Removed by poster at 24/05/21 18:01:05]

By *taylor122Man  over a year ago

dublin

"I don't think there is any one person here that doesn't have moments of self doubt. Its human nature and perfectly acceptable. Would I let an appreciation thread or who is the hottest person here affect me,absolutely not. Does it bother me to see the threads again its a no. I don't get involved in those threads as its more of arse licking to certain people. Some think and hope it's a stepping stone to meeting some of these ladies or hoping for a party invite Personally I find it cringey. "

Point very well made

"

Omg the hot pic SHITE. So painful. ... Totally agree... Ugh

What's the hot pic shite? We must be living under a stone "

... You aren't missing anything don't worry... At times I would prefer to be under a stone too!!

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

I'm definitely hot and I literally never get mentioned. Doesn't mean I'm not hot or that people don't find me hot. I don't see why feelings need to be hurt tbh.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"

What's the hot pic shite? We must be living under a stone ... You aren't missing anything don't worry... At times I would prefer to be under a stone too!! "

You can share my stone any time

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"I'm definitely hot and I literally never get mentioned. Doesn't mean I'm not hot or that people don't find me hot. I don't see why feelings need to be hurt tbh."

I mentioned you. Just saying

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

"I'm definitely hot and I literally never get mentioned. Doesn't mean I'm not hot or that people don't find me hot. I don't see why feelings need to be hurt tbh.

I mentioned you. Just saying "

No way? I'm honoured!

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

"I'm definitely hot and I literally never get mentioned. Doesn't mean I'm not hot or that people don't find me hot. I don't see why feelings need to be hurt tbh.

I mentioned you. Just saying

No way? I'm honoured! "

It really isn't that hard to see

"

What's the hot pic shite? We must be living under a stone ... You aren't missing anything don't worry... At times I would prefer to be under a stone too!!

You can share my stone any time "

...oh thank you... Imagine the fun we would have under that stone!

» Add a new message to this topic