FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Paintball or airsoft

Paintball or airsoft

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm curious if any fabbers ever tried paintball or airsoft activities.

I've been paintballing and personally I love it the thrill and sheer horror of getting hit makes the blood rush

I've never been airsofting and been told it's a great experience and I should try it out. Anyone recommend any places or what's the better activity?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Haven't been but air soft looks like an absolute blast tbh

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Airsoft way more fun

"I'm curious if any fabbers ever tried paintball or airsoft activities.

I've been paintballing and personally I love it the thrill and sheer horror of getting hit makes the blood rush

I've never been airsofting and been told it's a great experience and I should try it out. Anyone recommend any places or what's the better activity?"

Use to air soft when it first became a thing. Was great fun. Very expensive however. Know people who spent 1000s on it converting them etc. Both are great fun but paint balls hurt more in my opinion.

It's expensive but it's so enjoyable and it's fantastic exercise.

I'm looking to book airsoft soon but paintball is on the cards. Think I'll switch things up and get tactical

Done both tbh I preferred paintballing. But suppose largely depends on the place you do it and peeps your with

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Isnt Airsoft just the same as the FCA ?? Just grown-ups playing soldier??

My nephew was into it when he was a teenager the money he spent on a toy gun you could have gotten a couple of real guns.

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

What's the difference between the two again?

Paintball uses paint

Airsoft uses bb's with replicate guns

I've never been airsofting and been told it's a great experience and I should try it out. Anyone recommend any places or what's the better activity?

Use to air soft when it first became a thing. Was great fun. Very expensive however. Know people who spent 1000s on it converting them etc. Both are great fun but paint balls hurt more in my opinion. "

^ this

Very similar tbh.

Airsoft is arguably more "realistic" but seeing paint fly ...and the satisfying smack when you hit, is great

By *ameofmeMan  over a year ago

somewhere in

All depends on location and crowd for me. I way prefer a woodland paintball game where everyone gets down and dirty, crawling through streams. Both are lots of fun with the right people.

By *hett and scarlettCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Airsoft by a mile. Mil-sim can be awesome if done right.

However it’s like someone said, it’s all about the crowd and location.

By *eeperscreepersMan  over a year ago

Tipp

Haven't been to an organised airsoft event but do have a few airsoft guns. Did go paintballing in Combat Zone and it was spectacularly good fun

Use to air soft when it first became a thing. Was great fun. Very expensive however. Know people who spent 1000s on it converting them etc. Both are great fun but paint balls hurt more in my opinion.

^ this

Very similar tbh.

Airsoft is arguably more "realistic" but seeing paint fly ...and the satisfying smack when you hit, is great"

Exactly my thoughts... Landing a paintball on someone you know and seeing the splatter is so satisfying hahaha

I'm looking at special ops in roundwood Wicklow...

Heard good things and I'm considering buying a bb gun rather than rent.

Paintball is great fun but I think the airsoft would be another interesting take as alot of MilSim goes on and seems alot more serious

"All depends on location and crowd for me. I way prefer a woodland paintball game where everyone gets down and dirty, crawling through streams. Both are lots of fun with the right people."

Check out paintball in bray or roundwood. Two great locations for woodland paintball and good variety of open air and down and dirty

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I'm looking at special ops in roundwood Wicklow...

Heard good things and I'm considering buying a bb gun rather than rent.

Paintball is great fun but I think the airsoft would be another interesting take as alot of MilSim goes on and seems alot more serious"

I've worked building some of the airsoft shops and normally go back when they're open to make sure everything is fine

It's unreal how serious the customers are...they remind me of some of the customers you see in gun shops in America that you see on the telly

Painball seems to be more about craic

Definitely. Paintball was always just shoot and laugh.

But after we finished paintball all the milsim airsoft boys would be there rocking up with their custom weapons and outfits it's almost impressive how serious they take it

By *iara_KnightCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Knight is a a big paintball fan. He goes to 3/ 4 3day events all over the country. Has an awesome time and come back with some great stories. Air soft is very close to mil sim but there is a company called O.M.G. Events which host paintball games across the uk and they are mag fed games. If you’d like to talk more about paintball drop us a message he loves talking about it

Have done airsoft but gearbox in gun is fooked . Anyone know where I can get it repaired?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Have done airsoft but gearbox in gun is fooked . Anyone know where I can get it repaired? "

Try Main Irish Airsoft in Blanchardstown

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Have paintballed a couple times. Great fun for a quick blast except if its your stag do and everyone picks on you. That makes it painful. Very painful lol

Airsoft seems a little silly. Not sure why. I guess they seem to take themselves too seriously and I always feel the urge to take em down a peg or two.

"Have done airsoft but gearbox in gun is fooked . Anyone know where I can get it repaired?

Try Main Irish Airsoft in Blanchardstown "

I will. Thanks for that

By *dventureSeanMan  over a year ago

Kerry

Done both.

Was a big Airsoft player in my mid-20s.

Would prefer Airsoft, much funer and alot less painful .

Guns looks better and realistic.

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"Have paintballed a couple times. Great fun for a quick blast except if its your stag do and everyone picks on you. That makes it painful. Very painful lol

Airsoft seems a little silly. Not sure why. I guess they seem to take themselves too seriously and I always feel the urge to take em down a peg or two."

You wouldn't believe how seriously....done both..airsoft a bit more craic in our opinion...plus Mrs twosum rocks a chest rig or battle vest..

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I used to play in 5 man tournament team back in the 90's, it was a fun way to spend the weekend.

I still kept my hand in at college, then with work.

Now swapped over to airsoft, as I found it cheaper when playing with non walk on players.

Started off with a Kriss Vector GBB, now use an AAC Tac10 sniper.

Eastbourne

Does anyone make their own silencer/suppressor?

Is it similar to a paintball one, as one piece of baffling material wrapped around an internal tube?

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Does anyone make their own silencer/suppressor?

Is it similar to a paintball one, as one piece of baffling material wrapped around an internal tube?"

Thats a worrying question

Eastbourne

"Does anyone make their own silencer/suppressor?

Is it similar to a paintball one, as one piece of baffling material wrapped around an internal tube?

Thats a worrying question "

Not really.

Most people I know make their own suppressor, just seeing if anyone uses a different internal design similar to a paintball suppressor.

By *rishguy81Man  over a year ago

South Dublin

Airsoft all the way! Paintball is too messy, sore and not as tactical. Biggest plus for airsoft is that it's run on an honour system, ya gotta call your hits!

Heading out on Sunday, weather might not be too great..

Haven’t done paintballing but done airsoft which is good fun. But beware the regular players: they take it soooooooo seriously!

» Add a new message to this topic