FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Appropriate or not?

Appropriate or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do people feel its appropriate to add people on their personal social media page eg Facebook, Instagram etc if they like a page that potentially fab related. Do single men feel it is acceptable to approach random women and add based on that?

Curious to hear others thoughts on this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope my private life and fab life are separate. Had a message from a guy lately that I had shared my face pic with, he had used my name when I asked how he knew my name, replied I had come up as a suggested friend on Facebook. Couldn't understand why I told him it was completely inappropriate to call me by my name ,

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

No its never appropriate

I've been given information on here by mistake sometimes that would allow me to find that person on their social media ...never looked and think its just wrong

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Wasn't even aware there were swinging related groups on Facebook until someone mentioned them a few months ago but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole because I've seen how easy it is to stalk people and glean information for many other reasons.

No that feels like it's inappropriate and pushy

Belfast

"No its never appropriate

I've been given information on here by mistake sometimes that would allow me to find that person on their social media ...never looked and think its just wrong "

When you say by mistake do you mean by the person themselves or in relation to someone else?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I've been given information on here by mistake sometimes that would allow me to find that person on their social media ...never looked and think its just wrong

When you say by mistake do you mean by the person themselves or in relation to someone else?"

No by the person themselves..I've always told them that they made a mistake

Didn't know was swing related groups on Facebook. I have a separate Instagram account for fab related stuff but what I post is pretty tame

Belfast

When you say by mistake do you mean by the person themselves or in relation to someone else?

No by the person themselves..I've always told them that they made a mistake "

That's why I don't have those conversations with anyone on here.

I've been given information on here by mistake sometimes that would allow me to find that person on their social media ...never looked and think its just wrong "

Agreed it’s never appropriate to cross into personal social media ...

By *ameofmeMan  over a year ago

somewhere in

No, definitely not...Fab life is completely separate.

Have had suggestions pop up on Facebook and Instagram of other fabbers, that was a few years back and I know now to use separate emails and browsers etc to stop accounts being linked

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's completely inappropriate I think and would not be impressed it someone sent me a friends request from here if we had not discussed it.

I use a separate email for fab and never use or send pics that would be linked to my other social media accounts. I keep fab separate .

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

Nope this is completely inappropriate in my opinion. Fab and real life are two very separate things.

Mind you Instagram is awash with lonely American, devastatingly handsome, soldiers that have randomly found your account and decided they've fallen madly in love. Strange world we live in

"It's completely inappropriate I think and would not be impressed it someone sent me a friends request from here if we had not discussed it.

I use a separate email for fab and never use or send pics that would be linked to my other social media accounts. I keep fab separate ."

These weren't even people we would talk to from here. Just cold adds from randomers from here

"Nope this is completely inappropriate in my opinion. Fab and real life are two very separate things.

Mind you Instagram is awash with lonely American, devastatingly handsome, soldiers that have randomly found your account and decided they've fallen madly in love. Strange world we live in "

Lol I had one " American soldier " recently widowed messaging me , eventually got around to asking me to buy him a phone. Found the actual person and emailed him saying some guy using your pics to fool women

"It's completely inappropriate I think and would not be impressed it someone sent me a friends request from here if we had not discussed it.

I use a separate email for fab and never use or send pics that would be linked to my other social media accounts. I keep fab separate .

These weren't even people we would talk to from here. Just cold adds from randomers from here "

The chances of being recognised on Facebook are higher than her unless you use a vpn and a false email, I would stay away

These weren't even people we would talk to from here. Just cold adds from randomers from here

The chances of being recognised on Facebook are higher than her unless you use a vpn and a false email, I would stay away "

Wasn't Facebook

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

These weren't even people we would talk to from here. Just cold adds from randomers from here "

That's just creepy .

"Do people feel its appropriate to add people on their personal social media page eg Facebook, Instagram etc if they like a page that potentially fab related. Do single men feel it is acceptable to approach random women and add based on that?

Curious to hear others thoughts on this"

I made the mistake of following a few Fab accounts on Insta with my personal account and suddenly had loads of randos trying to add me! It's one of the reasons I made Fab Insta. Luckily I always have my personal Insta on private ha ha

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Inappropriate generally. Unless the relationship has extended out of fab into he friendship zone, and it turns into just 2 people sharing vanilla life, and the adults only stuff is separated out.

I'm not sure I find it that inappropriate...

Take it away from being a swing related page that the two accounts were on.

If you followed a knitting page for example and saw someone else on that page that you wanted to chat to is reaching out inappropriate?

I very well may have misunderstood the circumstances here also cause I'm not on fb or insta

I am probably being naive here, but how do these men find the FB and Insta profiles in the first place and make the link?

I think those who live their swinger life openly for all to see (in a manner of speaking!) might see no problem with this, it's just another mutual hobby or interest, right?

Otherwise, my take on social media is that it's all about putting your life and information online, not much point complaining if people are joining the dots and getting linked between your various accounts, I've never seen the appeal.

East / North, Cork

"I am probably being naive here, but how do these men find the FB and Insta profiles in the first place and make the link?"

I think it's often via phone numbers. If you allow the Facebook app access to your phone book then that's one way. The app then knows you have a connection if your number is in their phone and might suggest you to them

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"I am probably being naive here, but how do these men find the FB and Insta profiles in the first place and make the link?

I think it's often via phone numbers. If you allow the Facebook app access to your phone book then that's one way. The app then knows you have a connection if your number is in their phone and might suggest you to them"

Then never link Facebook or Instagram to your phone number. One way to prevent unwanted attention.

East / North, Cork

"I am probably being naive here, but how do these men find the FB and Insta profiles in the first place and make the link?

I think it's often via phone numbers. If you allow the Facebook app access to your phone book then that's one way. The app then knows you have a connection if your number is in their phone and might suggest you to them

Then never link Facebook or Instagram to your phone number. One way to prevent unwanted attention. "

This is great advice

"I am probably being naive here, but how do these men find the FB and Insta profiles in the first place and make the link?"

The link as far as we can see is an intsa page dee and I followed.

"I'm not sure I find it that inappropriate...

If you followed a knitting page for example and saw someone else on that page that you wanted to chat to is reaching out inappropriate?

I very well may have misunderstood the circumstances here also cause I'm not on fb or insta "

Think your in the minority on that one.

The link as far as we can see is an intsa page dee and I followed. "

Except it ain't Jay getting the requests for some reason

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Personally, my social set of rules for FaceBook would be the same as with a pub, lets say... All social norms would apply, me just randomly jumping at someone would be nonsense.

Fab, however, is run under the understood agreement that everyone here is for their interest in sex. So in that sense, I would judge that it is more like a night club, in a way, and buying drinks for the lady you fancy at the end of the bar is somewhat acceptable. That still doesnt mean that you are ok to be a sleazy moron, whatever the definition of that might be.

Personally, I try not to take offence at anything, and I truly do not mean to cause any offence with anyone here.

I genuinely think that the avarage IQ on this site is higher for at least a degree of scale.

I think it's often via phone numbers. If you allow the Facebook app access to your phone book then that's one way. The app then knows you have a connection if your number is in their phone and might suggest you to them"

Makes sense. I forgot about phone numbers. I never allow these apps to access contacts and I never add my phone number to my account details.

I’m wary about even giving first name details as it’s unusual so yep call me Mary or Jane doe

Belfast

I keep everything separate. Don't want to arouse suspicion in AC-12.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Do people feel its appropriate to add people on their personal social media page eg Facebook, Instagram etc if they like a page that potentially fab related. Do single men feel it is acceptable to approach random women and add based on that?

Curious to hear others thoughts on this"

People you know quite well and are on very good terms with - yes, absolutely. End of the day - we all are just normal human beings with no flashing "fab" signs on our foreheads.

People you don't know/never even met - fuck no, that's just creepy as hell.

About joining swinging/kink/sex related Facebook groups - I think they're for vanilla world. People who are curious but aren't brave enough to actually be a part of it- those kinds of people tend to be unpredictable so we don't pay much interest to them.

Missus

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

As far as I'm concerned it's not appropriate to add a stranger on FB for any reason whatsoever. If we haven't met in real life we're not gonna be fb friends.

By *eanbelfastMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I keep everything separate. Don't want to arouse suspicion in AC-12. "

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey you will end in a fridge in Terry Boyle’s flat

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

Oh God no...

"I'm not sure I find it that inappropriate...

I very well may have misunderstood the circumstances here also cause I'm not on fb or insta

Think your in the minority on that one. "

Thats not unusual.

I just dont see a FB friend request as anything that noteworthy if your joined the same interest page.

Now had they tracked you down through some small detail you let slip in here that would be different imo

East / North, Cork

"As far as I'm concerned it's not appropriate to add a stranger on FB for any reason whatsoever. If we haven't met in real life we're not gonna be fb friends."

What are your thoughts on someone on here who fancies you following you on instragram? Asking for a friend.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"As far as I'm concerned it's not appropriate to add a stranger on FB for any reason whatsoever. If we haven't met in real life we're not gonna be fb friends.

What are your thoughts on someone on here who fancies you following you on instragram? Asking for a friend."

Lollll, totally different! It's a public profile, anyone can see it even if they don't follow me, it's not a two way relationship (someone can follow me without me following them back).

Connecting on FB is a mutual thing, it has a shit ton of info on it which is private unless you do connect with someone, most people these days have their FB at max privacy settings so only their friends see what's on there... so I'm not going adding some random Internet person I've never met just cos we have a mutual interest, especially if that mutual interest is something private like swinging!!

East / North, Cork

"As far as I'm concerned it's not appropriate to add a stranger on FB for any reason whatsoever. If we haven't met in real life we're not gonna be fb friends.

What are your thoughts on someone on here who fancies you following you on instragram? Asking for a friend.

Lollll, totally different! It's a public profile, anyone can see it even if they don't follow me, it's not a two way relationship (someone can follow me without me following them back).

Connecting on FB is a mutual thing, it has a shit ton of info on it which is private unless you do connect with someone, most people these days have their FB at max privacy settings so only their friends see what's on there... so I'm not going adding some random Internet person I've never met just cos we have a mutual interest, especially if that mutual interest is something private like swinging!!"

Thanks. I'll tell my friend.

I don't add random people on FB full stop. Even if we share a mutual interest there would need to have been some connection made between us beyond just being members of the same group. The only crossover between Fab and FB is people I already know outside of here anyway.

Instagram is slightly different as I use it differently, mostly for hobby/lifestyle related stuff like baking/cooking, upcycling, makeup, and photography.

So yep I'd consider it inappropriate if someone from Fab randomly sent me a friend request on FB. Mind you, would I even notice? Because if they're a random, they're a random, and I don't think too much about the origins of the friend request before hitting the delete button

K

By *irtypair00Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

"

I made the mistake of following a few Fab accounts on Insta with my personal account and suddenly had loads of randos trying to add me! It's one of the reasons I made Fab Insta. Luckily I always have my personal Insta on private ha ha"

Mrs dirty did the exact same thing , butt thankfully now she also has a fab Insta

Mr dirty xx

"I keep everything separate. Don't want to arouse suspicion in AC-12. "

Lol I'm actually watching that

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

We are friends on Facebook with several of the couples and singles we have met over the last few years.

By *imatureMan  over a year ago

sligo

I always respect people’s private life

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We keep our private life completely away from our FAB life

By *irtypair00Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

No not unless all are happy before hand .

Mr dirty xx

» Add a new message to this topic