FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Teenagers using the phone

Teenagers using the phone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

Does anyone know why a lot of teenagers now will avoid making a call They seem to hate talking on the phone. Don't want to call a taxi, a takeaway or even ring family

I could be driving home late and rather than ring me they'll text knowing that the car reads out the message

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think its just the ways things are gone. When my phone rings I panic lol even though i have rediscovered the joys of a friendly telephone conversation

Because they don't have to

You must have then spoilt rotten. You should introduce them to the wooden spoon

By *ack the lad777Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Watch screened out on netflix. It explains about their phone additions.

I've always hated talking on the phone, unless it's Lee or one of my kids (the latter will of course have some kind of "emergency"), I generally let it go to voicemail, if possible I'll just message the person back rather than call after hearing the voice mail.

"Does anyone know why a lot of teenagers now will avoid making a call They seem to hate talking on the phone. Don't want to call a taxi, a takeaway or even ring family

I could be driving home late and rather than ring me they'll text knowing that the car reads out the message "

They all same. But will come away from that.. my daughter used to tell me what she wanted in chippy and get me to speak to the person to give her order. Even thou she was standing right beside me lol

Do ppl still use voice mail ???

By *iss3BWoman  over a year ago

north down

Totally agree with DD is just the way things are now. We all used to texting instead of talking, using social media platforms to update people and sometimes it's just easier to text. Have also rediscovered how good it is to talk again

"Do ppl still use voice mail ??? "

If they want something, yes, is my experience....

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

"Do ppl still use voice mail ??? "

Only for work.

I get no pleasure in texting back and forth I find it super frustration when I can just call the person and 10 seconds later done all sorted

somewhere

"I get no pleasure in texting back and forth I find it super frustration when I can just call the person and 10 seconds later done all sorted"

Exactly this

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

"I get no pleasure in texting back and forth I find it super frustration when I can just call the person and 10 seconds later done all sorted"

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

2 of our little darlings back in the day used to text their mam from their bedrooms asking her to drop things down to them and she was fecking doing it

It stopped happening or at least stopped if l was in the house

somewhere

"2 of our little darlings back in the day used to text their mam from their bedrooms asking her to drop things down to them and she was fecking doing it

It stopped happening or at least stopped if l was in the house "

I'm watching the golf at the moment

My daughter is lying on her bed watching tv and has just texted to see if I ironed a top for her for work tomorrow instead of getting off her arse and opening her wardrobe

Told her to feck off and check herself

My daughter text me once from same house. Asking to me turn her room light on. She was watching snakes on a plane and couldn't get outa bed. Too scared lmao

somewhere

"My daughter text me once from same house. Asking to me turn her room light on. She was watching snakes on a plane and couldn't get outa bed. Too scared lmao"

Would have been funny to throw something on her bed to frighten the life out of her

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Does anyone know why a lot of teenagers now will avoid making a call They seem to hate talking on the phone. Don't want to call a taxi, a takeaway or even ring family

I could be driving home late and rather than ring me they'll text knowing that the car reads out the message "

Because you have more control over texting than a voice call - you have time to think of a response or even not respond if you don't want to. There's more social pressure at play during a phone call that you can avoid by texting.

» Add a new message to this topic