FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Unsolicited contact

Unsolicited contact

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There have been a few comments on various threads recently where pm's have been referred to as 'unsolicited'. Aside from forum games I can't think of many posts where I've seen someone inviting or asking someone to pm.

So the question, what would you define as unsolicited and what, to you, would not be?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have seen this talked about before and couldn’t understand it.

Meaning of unsolicited

not asked for; given or done voluntarily.

If people think messages are unsolicited than my reasoning would be block everyone from sending you a pm.

I'm here to meet so a message is a good thing (unless it's abusive)

For me unsolicited is a message with a face pic than demanding a face pic in return or a cock pic in a first message. I don't ask for either so don't expect them or want them.

By *uriousVoyeurMan  over a year ago

Northside

I would have assumed if you had filters set fairly tight then messages wouldn't be an issue. Doesn't everyone that sends a first message do so unsolicited? How else are you to find out if there's any potential for meets or fun?? I suppose most messages are unsolicited but being a male on here it's not a problem I can identify with

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Apart from the games you mention or conversations with friends I assume every new message anyone sends is unsolicited

The problem for most people is the content of the message I'd imagine.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It's probably used here mostly incorrectly. I think people take it to mean unwanted or unmatched to preferences, when that's not really what the word means. It's used incorrectly in other contexts too. People talk unsolicited mail to mean unwanted "junk" mail... while an unexpected letter telling you good news wouldn't usually be referred to as unsolicited post.

I'd think every message is unsolicited unless perhaps you have a status or forum post asking for people to message you.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"I'd think every message is unsolicited unless perhaps you have a status or forum post asking for people to message you.

"

Technically correct. But that's not how people generally use the word.

Unsolicited contact doesn't bother us at all though. We're admittedly crap at initiating contact (which would in itself be unsolicited I guess) so without it we'd not get too far. Having said that our profile invites contact from those who think we're a good match

"Unsolicited contact doesn't bother us at all though. We're admittedly crap at initiating contact (which would in itself be unsolicited I guess) so without it we'd not get too far. Having said that our profile invites contact from those who think we're a good match"

I'd be the same I never send a first message so can't go be out about getting unsolicited messages

I guess anyone messaging you who falls outside your preferences is essentially unsolicited. Filters are the answer there.

I use the term in relation to cock pics and face pics, if we wanted either, we would ask for them

By *oxminxCouple  over a year ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

A recent unsolicited mail for us took the form of a guy explaining why he was on meth then apologising that he was on meth.

Most of the message understandably didn't make an bit of sense. It concluded by him saying he was intent on smashing Mel. The man was in his 50s and seemingly well verified.

Wouldn't normally reply but simply told him to grow up. He was sent to the block list then.

Our block button is probably larger than the national debt

By *urious4lifeCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Most messages are just lazy copy or paste or the dreadful how r u” And what’s with the dick pics? If I wanted to see your dick I’d ask.

Women definitely make better messengers xx

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Most messages are just lazy copy or paste or the dreadful how r u” And what’s with the dick pics? If I wanted to see your dick I’d ask.

Women definitely make better messengers xx "

Women should shock the life out of them guys by sending a quarantined hairy muff picture lol

By *razy-88Man  over a year ago

belfast

Sending a message trying to strike up a conversation with a profile you like Is fine I feel, 14 unanswered mails from one profile is a tad creepy

Unsolicited means uninvited, right? So if you have told someone to message you, and they do... That's unsolicited.

"Unsolicited means uninvited, right? So if you have told someone to message you, and they do... That's unsolicited.

Solicited... No?

"

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Oh that has been drastically reduced in my case simply cos I blocked guys from messaging me it's only a rare occasion I get these unsolicited messages from females or couples but normally it's from those you never see in the forums and hides their profile them people just go straight to the blocked list

» Add a new message to this topic