FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Good Covid News?

Good Covid News?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Howdy!

So in addition to my last forum post and inspired by Peter and Gemma's good news about an elderly relative who has survived their infection with the Coronavirus I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone would care to share any good Covid-19 stories they might have personal experience of?!

A community coming together? A relative beating their infection? Little acts of kindness being offered? Perhaps you've reached out to someone you hadn't heard from in a while? Maybe you realised how lucky you are to have what you have?

Anyone have any good Covid stories they'd care to share?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

My nan has been cocooning since the start of march and she hasnt been to the library to get books. i put out a small plea on the ould tinternets because she needs large print books due to her eyesight. A lovely lady that works ina nursing home offered to send her down books and wouldnt take a cent off me for them and another lady that works with the library is gonna deliver books to her on wednesday. nan is overjoyed

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I'd like to share something if it doesn't sound so lick arsy

When I joined this community I didnt know what to expect.

I'll never meet most of you but I'll to say that some people on here are the most generous people with the time and effort they make in making a newbie feel welcome.It cant be easy for some of the couples and women especially with the amount of messages they get but unless I'm a completely stupid feckin idiot you welcomed me into the forums

I fucked up once ( still embarrassed thinking about it ) but she messaged me politly and i apologised so hopefully ok.

So yes thats my good news that while people are experiencing the worst thing we'll ever go throught...decent people still exist

Waterford

"I'd like to share something if it doesn't sound so lick arsy

I'll never meet most of you but I'll to say that some people on here are the most generous people with the time and effort they make in making a newbie feel welcome.It cant be easy for some of the couples and women especially with the amount of messages they get but unless I'm a completely stupid feckin idiot you welcomed me into the forums

I fucked up once ( still embarrassed thinking about it ) but she messaged me politly and i apologised so hopefully ok.

So yes thats my good news that while people are experiencing the worst thing we'll ever go throught...decent people still exist

"

aww youre a total gentleman BM xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My nan has been cocooning since the start of march and she hasnt been to the library to get books. i put out a small plea on the ould tinternets because she needs large print books due to her eyesight. A lovely lady that works ina nursing home offered to send her down books and wouldnt take a cent off me for them and another lady that works with the library is gonna deliver books to her on wednesday. nan is overjoyed "

Ah that's lovely x

I had a very bad day over a week ago while working from home. And my neighbour dropped over two homemade buns just as I was having a cuppa.

Waterford

"My nan has been cocooning since the start of march and she hasnt been to the library to get books. i put out a small plea on the ould tinternets because she needs large print books due to her eyesight. A lovely lady that works ina nursing home offered to send her down books and wouldnt take a cent off me for them and another lady that works with the library is gonna deliver books to her on wednesday. nan is overjoyed

Ah that's lovely x

I had a very bad day over a week ago while working from home. And my neighbour dropped over two homemade buns just as I was having a cuppa."

oh you cant beat homemade buns. sorry to hear you were having a bad week. i hope youre doing ok xxx

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

My 81 year old cousin whose family were sitting up be his bed as he was dying in hospital in January, pre Covid-19, survived that and was moved to a nursing home in February, still weak, contracted Covid-19 in March and has just been declared free of that a couple of weeks ago.

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"My 81 year old cousin whose family were sitting up be his bed as he was dying in hospital in January, pre Covid-19, survived that and was moved to a nursing home in February, still weak, contracted Covid-19 in March and has just been declared free of that a couple of weeks ago. "
Excellent

somewhere

"My 81 year old cousin whose family were sitting up be his bed as he was dying in hospital in January, pre Covid-19, survived that and was moved to a nursing home in February, still weak, contracted Covid-19 in March and has just been declared free of that a couple of weeks ago. "

Great news

Fantastic

ah that's brill

Woohoo! Excellent! Delighted to hear that Michael!

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

That's great news x

By *j47Man  over a year ago

dublin

U bollix u just brought a tear to my eye and as usual with u a tear of joy and laughter is never far great news for ur cousin

South Dublin Area

I like this thread....

We have had sex every day since weds....

I finished a major diy job that was wrecking my head thanks to Gemmas help.

"I like this thread....

I finished a major diy job that was wrecking my head thanks to Gemmas help."

a

Sweet Jesus I wish Gemma was available to help me with my head wrecking DIY job

You lucky sod Pete!

South Dublin Area

"I like this thread....

I finished a major diy job that was wrecking my head thanks to Gemmas help.a

Sweet Jesus I wish Gemma was available to help me with my head wrecking DIY job

You lucky sod Pete! "

I know a lady of many talents

"I'd like to share something if it doesn't sound so lick arsy

"

And your a total gentleman, big thank you for all the help

My Dad 81 and step mother 81 both with underlying conditions were admitted to hosp and confirmed positive. I hadn't seen them for weeks and delighted to say both came through and received the all clear and SM can resume her chemotherapy treatment.

I had a social distance quick visit to them last week and she is looking stunning complete with her signature red lippy.

That's my little contribution...

somewhere

"My Dad 81 and step mother 81 both with underlying conditions were admitted to hosp and confirmed positive. I hadn't seen them for weeks and delighted to say both came through and received the all clear and SM can resume her chemotherapy treatment.

I had a social distance quick visit to them last week and she is looking stunning complete with her signature red lippy.

That's my little contribution... "

Thats great that they both came through it and hopefully she also gets through the chemotherapy

And keeps wearing the red lippy for a few more years

By *ubberNumbersCouple  over a year ago

dublin

We just got mortgage approval in the middle of a global pandemic with a looming recession.

"We just got mortgage approval in the middle of a global pandemic with a looming recession.

"

Whoop whoop!

Congratulations!!

When's the house warming ??

By *ubberNumbersCouple  over a year ago

dublin

Soon as the dungeon is finished

By *eaAndBenCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Setting aside the all the covid worry and strife, I’ve never been happier, working from home and spending the best time with my family. It probably doesn’t count as particularly good news but it’s good for me (and hopefully my kids and himself).

Bea x

somewhere

"We just got mortgage approval in the middle of a global pandemic with a looming recession.

"

Congratulations got my first house in the middle of a massive economic crisis and interest rates went up to 18%

We got through it then and you will now

Good luck in your new home

somewhere

"Setting aside the all the covid worry and strife, I’ve never been happier, working from home and spending the best time with my family. It probably doesn’t count as particularly good news but it’s good for me (and hopefully my kids and himself).

Bea x"

Of course its good news

Enjoy it while its happening ...the rat race will start up again

"Setting aside the all the covid worry and strife, I’ve never been happier, working from home and spending the best time with my family. It probably doesn’t count as particularly good news but it’s good for me (and hopefully my kids and himself).

Bea x"

I agree with M, of course reconnecting with your fmaiky is good news!!

But... We also want you out and about and ummm.... "accessible"... as soon as possible!

Bea x"

I have to agree with this (although I'm not working from home and separated from Lee), this bonus time with my two eldest who were at uni is wonderful, especially my son who had been abroad for the last year and had grown up quite a bit in that time.

My better half works on a covid positive ward as you can imagine exhausting and emotionally draining..But some lovely people brighten up the mood on a daily basis flowers sent to our home,donations from a local supermarket to her ward in regards to a microwave and other things to help them warm up a meal during a long shift which has helped immensely.And yesterday a delivery from a local bew start up company of some wax scented melts.But most of all treating people getting close and seeing them get well again is the biggest gift of all and so humbling x

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"My better half works on a covid positive ward as you can imagine exhausting and emotionally draining..But some lovely people brighten up the mood on a daily basis flowers sent to our home,donations from a local supermarket to her ward in regards to a microwave and other things to help them warm up a meal during a long shift which has helped immensely.And yesterday a delivery from a local bew start up company of some wax scented melts.But most of all treating people getting close and seeing them get well again is the biggest gift of all and so humbling x "

That's such a tough job at present.But I'm really glad they know how appreciated they are and stay safe xxx

somewhere

"My better half works on a covid positive ward as you can imagine exhausting and emotionally draining..But some lovely people brighten up the mood on a daily basis flowers sent to our home,donations from a local supermarket to her ward in regards to a microwave and other things to help them warm up a meal during a long shift which has helped immensely.And yesterday a delivery from a local bew start up company of some wax scented melts.But most of all treating people getting close and seeing them get well again is the biggest gift of all and so humbling x "

There's not a lot I can say except thanks to her for the work and stay safe the both of you

Some lovely stories there. I personally hope not many restrictions will be lifted as I dont think we're out of the woods at all. However I'm loving spending time with my girls usually someone always rushing somewhere or I get a 'dont keep me dinner going out to eat' txt! More walking and talking time which is always good

Thank you to you and your family for the work

Op well done it's lovely to hear good news instead of oh will clubs open again or socials go ahead some people are grieving and not in a normal way and others have watched loved ones fight for their lives and survive without them allowed to sit beside them so when yer worried about getting the ride again think outside the circle it will happen no rush

"Op well done it's lovely to hear good news instead of oh will clubs open again or socials go ahead some people are grieving and not in a normal way and others have watched loved ones fight for their lives and survive without them allowed to sit beside them so when yer worried about getting the ride again think outside the circle it will happen no rush "

Oh I'd a damned pessimistic thread on the go too! Don't fret!

» Add a new message to this topic