FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > When you close your eyes...

When you close your eyes...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ublinGirl92 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hell

When you close your eyes can you visualise images?

Just found out yesterday, through a buzzfeed article no less, that people can do that!

For me I've never been able to visualise images in my mind. It's just a little black screen haha

Apparently it's a spectrum of sorts. Some people can conjure a vivid image, for others its vague or blurry, and others like me they see nothing.

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagine

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"When you close your eyes can you visualise images?

Just found out yesterday, through a buzzfeed article no less, that people can do that!

For me I've never been able to visualise images in my mind. It's just a little black screen haha

Apparently it's a spectrum of sorts. Some people can conjure a vivid image, for others its vague or blurry, and others like me they see nothing.

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagine"

Sometimes....when I close my eyes...I cant see

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Trivia of the day. The colour you see when you close your eyes is not actually black, it's Eigengrau. There will always be static/ random noise in your vision. Eigengrau is the dark grey colour your eyes see in the absence of light.

You don't wanna know what the Manbeast sees when he closes his eyes!

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

I see dead people

"Trivia of the day. The colour you see when you close your eyes is not actually black, it's Eigengrau. There will always be static/ random noise in your vision. Eigengrau is the dark grey colour your eyes see in the absence of light. "

Well holy God...

No, I will sometimes see a "photo-negative" version of whatever I was looking at for a couple of seconds after closing my eyes, otherwise nothing but a pinkish wall (not grey!)

"No, I will sometimes see a "photo-negative" version of whatever I was looking at for a couple of seconds after closing my eyes, otherwise nothing but a pinkish wall (not grey!) "

Known as negative afterimage..

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagine"

It's like a dark fuzzy screen when I close my eyes I normally visualise things like a whole day when I'm sleeping and at times them days have become real every single detail and I'm looking around thinking wtf sorry that was slighty off topic and no I'm not going mad lol

"No, I will sometimes see a "photo-negative" version of whatever I was looking at for a couple of seconds after closing my eyes, otherwise nothing but a pinkish wall (not grey!)

Known as negative afterimage.."

Pretty cool optical illusion.

If you google and look at a picture of a negative after image for a minute, then when you close your eyes, you will see the image in full colour with your eyes closed.

Just blank as well

I see cunts everywhere, but most of the feckers are still among the living unfortunately

"I see cunts everywhere, but most of the feckers are still among the living unfortunately "

I just closed my eyes and can still see your profile pic...

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Does anyone ever see bright luminous colours changing shape in the blackness when they close their eyes and put their hands against their eyes

Or just me

west

"Does anyone ever see bright luminous colours changing shape in the blackness when they close their eyes and put their hands against their eyes

Or just me "

At times I do see like rainbow Colours when I do thats a good question to people that are blind

somewhere

"Does anyone ever see bright luminous colours changing shape in the blackness when they close their eyes and put their hands against their eyes

Or just me

At times I do see like rainbow Colours when I do thats a good question to people that are blind "

I remember an interview with Stevie wonder and he said he was able to imagine what most things looked like except the colour Purple

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 18/04/20 18:16:50]

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Basic principles of NLP...

Some people engage the abilitily to internally see things or "visualize" images in their mind (Vi)

Others think through self talk, (yes hearing voices in your head is perfectly okay..or at least that's what it keeps telling me ...)

While others reason internally through feeling

...Einstein could see himself on a wave of time in his mind The musician Prince just heard sounds and would compose

which Bruce Lee was led by a burning desire

...whatever works for you

west

Or just me

At times I do see like rainbow Colours when I do thats a good question to people that are blind

I remember an interview with Stevie wonder and he said he was able to imagine what most things looked like except the colour Purple "

Yeah that's pretty amazing alright but why not purple I wonder tho

"Yeah that's pretty amazing alright but why not purple I wonder tho "

Must just not be a pigment of his imagination

somewhere

"Yeah that's pretty amazing alright but why not purple I wonder tho

Must just not be a pigment of his imagination "

Brilliant

west

I see what you did there lol

Ha ha

I definitely visualise everything all sorts of everything xx. The one real one that stands out for me vividly is a spirit for sure.

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Oh I visualise my imagination all the time,curious to know do you have visual dreams op ??

Hell

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagineOh I visualise my imagination all the time,curious to know do you have visual dreams op ?? "

No. Tbh I very rarely dream but I do definitely dream. But it's like I know the story that is happening but I can feel it. Like I know how I feel but I don't recall any distinct visuals but there is a story to my dreams. It's so hard to explain.

It's the same for memories, I can remember situations but I can't recall the visual memory. Like if I remember being in a room and someone was standing in the corner the furthest I can get is like a birds eye view and I'll see a shadowy human shape for a second but I know who it is and what it represents.

It's so interesting I think.

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagineOh I visualise my imagination all the time,curious to know do you have visual dreams op ??

No. Tbh I very rarely dream but I do definitely dream. But it's like I know the story that is happening but I can feel it. Like I know how I feel but I don't recall any distinct visuals but there is a story to my dreams. It's so hard to explain.

It's the same for memories, I can remember situations but I can't recall the visual memory. Like if I remember being in a room and someone was standing in the corner the furthest I can get is like a birds eye view and I'll see a shadowy human shape for a second but I know who it is and what it represents.

It's so interesting I think."

Maybe it's some part of your brain that's just not unlocked? I've often wondered what it would be like to have a photographic memory or can one train their brain

Hell

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagineOh I visualise my imagination all the time,curious to know do you have visual dreams op ??

It's so interesting I think.Maybe it's some part of your brain that's just not unlocked? I've often wondered what it would be like to have a photographic memory or can one train their brain"

No, its actually called aphantasia. Lots of people have it. It's quite interesting to read about.

It's so interesting I think."

There is a meaning to every dream, you can look them up and look into your dreams.

west

It's so interesting I think.Maybe it's some part of your brain that's just not unlocked? I've often wondered what it would be like to have a photographic memory or can one train their brain

No, its actually called aphantasia. Lots of people have it. It's quite interesting to read about. "

Yeah its actually a condition some have asked the question is it a disability but experts don't see it as one just a different way of experiencing life is all

Yeah I’m able to do it I always thought this was normal and everybody could do it

There is a meaning to every dream, you can look them up and look into your dreams. "

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_your_brain_needs_to_dream

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire

"I see cunts everywhere, but most of the feckers are still among the living unfortunately

I just closed my eyes and can still see your profile pic... "

Dreams are an essential part of the sleep process and can reflect our deepest desires and our greatest fears, they remind us of our goals and the obstacles we must overcome to reach them. Some people even believe they provide a tantalising glimpse in the future.

west

"Dreams are an essential part of the sleep process and can reflect our deepest desires and our greatest fears, they remind us of our goals and the obstacles we must overcome to reach them. Some people even believe they provide a tantalising glimpse in the future. "

A bit like me then I get a full day

There is a meaning to every dream, you can look them up and look into your dreams.

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_your_brain_needs_to_dream"

I read about them, they are extremely interesting.

By *rSlickMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Dreams are an essential part of the sleep process and can reflect our deepest desires and our greatest fears, they remind us of our goals and the obstacles we must overcome to reach them. Some people even believe they provide a tantalising glimpse in the future. "

....therefore some random inputs of any form from our lives... all wickedly mixed sub consciously into a weird movie that we see with eyes closed

Dublin

Shout out to OP for posting an interesting topic

I read about them, they are extremely interesting. "

Did you ever watch the Joe Rogan podcast with Matthew Walker the sleep scientist ? Fascinating stuff

"Dreams are an essential part of the sleep process and can reflect our deepest desires and our greatest fears, they remind us of our goals and the obstacles we must overcome to reach them. Some people even believe they provide a tantalising glimpse in the future.

A bit like me then I get a full day "

I don't know what i was dreaming of last night but i woke up full on playing with myself lol. Dirty fab dreams about whom i don't know, maybe it might continue tonight....

Did you ever watch the Joe Rogan podcast with Matthew Walker the sleep scientist ? Fascinating stuff"

Nope but now you have given me some thing to watch . Is it on Spotify is it?

"Dreams are an essential part of the sleep process and can reflect our deepest desires and our greatest fears, they remind us of our goals and the obstacles we must overcome to reach them. Some people even believe they provide a tantalising glimpse in the future.

....therefore some random inputs of any form from our lives... all wickedly mixed sub consciously into a weird movie that we see with eyes closed "

Lol, OK and maybe that might just happen now that your thinking about it. It will probably be everyone in this thread making a fab porn movie then i guess lol

west

A bit like me then I get a full day

I don't know what i was dreaming of last night but i woke up full on playing with myself lol. Dirty fab dreams about whom i don't know, maybe it might continue tonight.... "

Oh I have woken up at times with the bed soaked in cum they have got to be the best dreams bunch of dirty feckers even in dreams

This Girl's TikTok About Not Being Able To Visualize Things In Her Mind Is Really Eye-Opening https://buzzfeed.com/angelicaamartinez/tiktok-aphantasia-cant-imagine

Sometimes....when I close my eyes...I cant see"

Try some meditation to help, imagine/visualise. You can find videos to listen to specifically for this. Like some said it's about training the mind

Did you ever watch the Joe Rogan podcast with Matthew Walker the sleep scientist ? Fascinating stuff

Nope but now you have given me some thing to watch . Is it on Spotify is it? "

I'm not sure about spotify to be truthful. If you want to pop me a dm . I can send you the youtube link ?

Dublin

....therefore some random inputs of any form from our lives... all wickedly mixed sub consciously into a weird movie that we see with eyes closed

Lol, OK and maybe that might just happen now that your thinking about it. It will probably be everyone in this thread making a fab porn movie then i guess lol "

...and then some said AMEN !!

Nope but now you have given me some thing to watch . Is it on Spotify is it?

I'm not sure about spotify to be truthful. If you want to pop me a dm . I can send you the youtube link ? "

I will look it up thank you.

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

When I close my eyes I see darkness, but I can visualise everything I think of. I'm a big day dreamer. I guess I never realised it would be different to others. Very interesting topic. Mrs x

Hell

"When I close my eyes I see darkness, but I can visualise everything I think of. I'm a big day dreamer. I guess I never realised it would be different to others. Very interesting topic. Mrs x "

I'm a bitch for daydreaming, I'm always away with the fairies but I have never had visuals attached.

I'm glad other people are finding it as interesting I am haha.

west

[Removed by poster at 19/04/20 01:22:10]

west

"When I close my eyes I see darkness, but I can visualise everything I think of. I'm a big day dreamer. I guess I never realised it would be different to others. Very interesting topic. Mrs x

I'm a bitch for daydreaming, I'm always away with the fairies but I have never had visuals attached.

I'm glad other people are finding it as interesting I am haha. "

Well it's certainly something different to talk about anyway and what's great is not one person here can be wrong with what they can or can not see when they close their eyes

So more topics like this OP please if you don't mind of course

Dublin

"When I close my eyes I see darkness, but I can visualise everything I think of. I'm a big day dreamer. I guess I never realised it would be different to others. Very interesting topic. Mrs x

I'm glad other people are finding it as interesting I am haha. "

Haha, I could daydream for hours, I'm terrible So, can you visualise memories e.g. a wedding or birthday etc.? I've been reading up on this topic since I saw your forum post last night. Mrs x

Dublin

Well it's certainly something different to talk about anyway and what's great is not one person here can be wrong with what they can or can not see when they close their eyes

So more topics like this OP please if you don't mind of course "

Very true, we all have our own experiences and something to add to the pot on this topic. Mrs x

Hell

Haha, I could daydream for hours, I'm terrible So, can you visualise memories e.g. a wedding or birthday etc.? I've been reading up on this topic since I saw your forum post last night. Mrs x "

No. I have really great memories of my aunties wedding but when I think about it I can't see it in my mind.

When I think about how we were all stood on the beach taking pictures I don't see it. But I can't remember standing beside my sister in our dresses and I feel happy and nostalgic just the same as I'm sure everyone else does. Except there is no picture to go along with it.

Like I said above somewhere if I'm trying really hard to remember something like where in a room someone was standing or something like that I can almost conjure a picture for a second but it's like a birds eye view and dark blurry shapes that I can understand what they represent but they don't look like formed images.

west

Thought I add a little song to this great topic and I mean it

If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed

Dreams you never lived and scars never healed (scars never healed)

In the darkness life will take you to the other side

Find me waiting there, you'll see if you just close your eyes

If you just close your eyes

Deceived by my eyes

And all I was told I should see

Opinions not mine

The person they taught me to be

One night in the dark of vision of someone I know

And out of the darkness I heard a voice say "I'm you"

Inside of me a light was turned on

Then I was alive

If you close your eyes, your life a naked truth revealed

Hearts uninspired

Trapped inside somebody's dream

Too close to the fire

Yet cold and so numb with the pain

But the fever has broken, and the river has run to the sea

Washed to the ocean and saved by a voice inside me

Then I was alive

Never thought I would be here, so high in the air

This was my unanswered prayer

Defined by another, so much wasted time

Out of the darkness, each breath that I take will be mine

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Thought I add a little song to this great topic and I mean it

Deceived by my eyes

Opinions not mine

Then I was alive

Hearts uninspired

Too close to the fire

Then I was alive

"

Toga party all female members lesbian, bi , straight , and one lone guy me , Now that a party dream

west

"Thought I add a little song to this great topic and I mean it

Deceived by my eyes

Opinions not mine

Then I was alive

Hearts uninspired

Too close to the fire

Then I was alive

Toga party all female members lesbian, bi , straight , and one lone guy me , Now that a party dream "

No story of the year actually lol

Dublin

Haha, I could daydream for hours, I'm terrible So, can you visualise memories e.g. a wedding or birthday etc.? I've been reading up on this topic since I saw your forum post last night. Mrs x

No. I have really great memories of my aunties wedding but when I think about it I can't see it in my mind.

When I think about how we were all stood on the beach taking pictures I don't see it. But I can't remember standing beside my sister in our dresses and I feel happy and nostalgic just the same as I'm sure everyone else does. Except there is no picture to go along with it.

Like I said above somewhere if I'm trying really hard to remember something like where in a room someone was standing or something like that I can almost conjure a picture for a second but it's like a birds eye view and dark blurry shapes that I can understand what they represent but they don't look like formed images. "

Fascinating! Thanks so much for the reply. Mrs x

I feel the softness of the pillow against my cheek. The sheets always a comfort. I close my eyes and am greeted by a familar sight as I slip to

unconcious bliss. Her eyes shine, her lips part revealling the whitness of her teeth as she smiles. No words are spoken, none are required.

We caress, communicating by sight and touch. Her sweet aroma heightens my senses, we kiss so gently my head swims as if floating on the edge of the atmosphere,

my mind drifting as if starved of oxygen. Now I hear her croon, the sound of heaven, the feeling of completeness. My dream is a vision of paradise.

I wake, focusing on the lady beside me, now as every morning my vision is reality.

west

"I feel the softness of the pillow against my cheek. The sheets always a comfort. I close my eyes and am greeted by a familar sight as I slip to

unconcious bliss. Her eyes shine, her lips part revealling the whitness of her teeth as she smiles. No words are spoken, none are required.

We caress, communicating by sight and touch. Her sweet aroma heightens my senses, we kiss so gently my head swims as if floating on the edge of the atmosphere,

my mind drifting as if starved of oxygen. Now I hear her croon, the sound of heaven, the feeling of completeness. My dream is a vision of paradise.

I wake, focusing on the lady beside me, now as every morning my vision is reality."

Aww that was nice lucky feckers lol no really I mean that look after each other

» Add a new message to this topic