FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Good first message

Good first message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oeBeans OP   Man  over a year ago

Derby

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this site and I've been struggling to get replies on my messages even though some have been read. This leads me to the question, what would be good to include in a first message?

Alternatively, it could be my profile that's putting people off, for which feedback is greatly appreciated

P.S I always make sure to read the profile before sending to personalise the message accordingly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hey, have just posted a thread on this if you're interested:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/support/1049695#last

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Hey, have just posted a thread on this if you're interested:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/support/1049695#last "

This Op

Derby

"Hey, have just posted a thread on this if you're interested:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/support/1049695#last "

Thanks for the link, this is very informative! I didn't even consider point 7 before because I thought compliments would always come off as genuine and not overly keen but I will definitely put more thought into it going forward

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hi op. Good profile.

Personally I'd be wary of trying to follow a formula for messaging, just be yourself. The reality of fab is that there's a high ratio of men to women so you will find that fewer messages get a response.

Join in the forums in a positive way, get to know how people interact and find your feet that way would be my suggestion.

Good luck!

"Hi op. Good profile.

Personally I'd be wary of trying to follow a formula for messaging, just be yourself. The reality of fab is that there's a high ratio of men to women so you will find that fewer messages get a response.

Join in the forums in a positive way, get to know how people interact and find your feet that way would be my suggestion.

Good luck! "

I agree to an extent but also think that it's extremely hard to convey your entire personality through one captivating message. Being yourself in a real life setting and being yourself in a first message to a stranger online are two totally different things and require a different set of social/interpersonal skills that not everyone has off the bat.

Derby

"Hi op. Good profile.

Good luck! "

Thanks for the suggestion! I think the forums definitely allow me to be myself a bit more so will try to get involved.

I guess I also underestimated just how how many messages the ladies on here can get

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this site and I've been struggling to get replies on my messages even though some have been read. This leads me to the question, what would be good to include in a first message?

Alternatively, it could be my profile that's putting people off, for which feedback is greatly appreciated

P.S I always make sure to read the profile before sending to personalise the message accordingly"

It's simply a numbers game unfortunately. Far too many guys and too few couples. It's rare to get a message read so don't worry about what it says .. If you really want to meet get a female partner. I've been here as a single and a couple. It's so much harder Asda single guy . Plus there's this covid thing you might have heard about ... That's put a major fly in the ointment.

FAF usually works

Derby

"FAF usually works "

Genuinely not sure if you're referring to me or just that it would help in general

"FAF usually works

Genuinely not sure if you're referring to me or just that it would help in general "

Sorry dear, but I'm not into fab straight men. Only bi women

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Shame you aren't local OP

» Add a new message to this topic