FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Facebook links?

Facebook links?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As a user of Fab and of Facebook I am somewhat concerned that people I may trade messages with here are suddenly appearing on my "people you might know" page over there!!

Am I the only one who considers this a major breach of trust by Fab ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

So do you call yourself Bikerjim on Facebook?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"As a user of Fab and of Facebook I am somewhat concerned that people I may trade messages with here are suddenly appearing on my "people you might know" page over there!!

Am I the only one who considers this a major breach of trust by Fab ?? "

do you have people on your FB from here?

No but some of the photos are similar, however some of the people who pop up use the exact some photos! It would not take Juliet Bravo to work out the links. It is something that we all need to take a look at.

Yes.

Have you thought that maybe its a security breach from FB rather than here? There was something in the news recently about FB monitoring your internet usage despite not being logged into FB

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"No but some of the photos are similar, however some of the people who pop up use the exact some photos! It would not take Juliet Bravo to work out the links. It is something that we all need to take a look at. "

Not sure why you think this is anything to do with Fab?

If you (or they) ever use the "find my friends" feature which looks at your email e.g. gmail/yahoo/msn/hotmail, facebook looks at the email addresses you have sent/received and then uses that data to suggest friends.

Suggestion: User an entirely different email for your swing stuff.

Admin x

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

blame Facebook for this not Fab, if you have ever added anyone to your email list or msn Facebook will find them and suggest them as friends.

Folks i am not critising FAB. This is not a blame culture. I am highlighting a potential concern. I do use seperate e mails and I am cautious yet i am not a techie by my own admission. I am sure that others would be equally as concerned as i am.

"Folks i am not critising FAB. This is not a blame culture. I am highlighting a potential concern. I do use seperate e mails and I am cautious yet i am not a techie by my own admission. I am sure that others would be equally as concerned as i am. "

You said it was a major breach of security by Fab ......

my apologies ... trust, not security

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

if you use the same email address for facebook as you do for fab then facebook searches your contacts list and comes up with their names as suggestions for you to add as friends. The issue is with facebook not fab and the best way to avoid it happening is to use different email addresses. hope that helps.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I'm not a fan of Facebook but I will add that the 'people you may know' is limited to only your account, by that I mean that I have no way of knowing who Facebook has suggested you may know and vice-versa.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Forgot to say if you use Facebook on a smartphone then it will also trawl through your contacts

It's trawling your smartphone and email box

Good job it's not the other way round with Fab trawling my contacts list and telling me which members of my family and friends might be swingers!!!!

"Good job it's not the other way round with Fab trawling my contacts list and telling me which members of my family and friends might be swingers!!!! "

» Add a new message to this topic