FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Multiple emails

Multiple emails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How about the facility to reply to several people at once, it'd be a boon for arranging parties and meets, and making it reply only would prevent anyone getting junk mailed ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Not sure what you mean by reply only?

Admin x

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"Not sure what you mean by reply only?

Admin x

"

By "reply only", I think they mean that this could ONLY be used to mail people who they've already received inbox messages from. i.e. can't be used to bulk-send to cold contacts.

Some method of preventing junk mail (ie single guys blanket bombing) ,such as making it available once you're friends with the recipient(s)

Exactly that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Some method of preventing junk mail (ie single guys blanket bombing) ,such as making it available once you're friends with the recipient(s) "

I dont think that counts as 'junk mail'. Thats just other members trying to make actual contact with you

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Some method of preventing junk mail (ie single guys blanket bombing) ,such as making it available once you're friends with the recipient(s)

I dont think that counts as 'junk mail'. Thats just other members trying to make actual contact with you"

Unless they read your profile it sadly often makes for junk mail!

I'm not playing for a bit and have sadly had to turn my profile off as nobody reads it to find out - just look at the pretty pictures.....!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

That aside, I'm thinking the op means it a bit like Facebook status audiences? So you can mail friends only.

Cut n paste works just fine for most though

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I'm pushing for this too, as we help organise events (100+ people), and being able to mailshot everyone who has placed themselves on a list would be great, especially if it was tied to a facility to have the list as private on our profile, sort of a second friends list if you like, where people request to be added, and we vet them and then add them.

Be good additional security for events too.

We simply meant to be able to email several people at once, and copy in from our friends list, that would keep the lid on junk mails

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We simply meant to be able to email several people at once, and copy in from our friends list, that would keep the lid on junk mails "

So a little check box on message page saying send too friends list only. Is that what you mean

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"I dont think that counts as 'junk mail'. Thats just other members trying to make actual contact with you"

Of course it's 'junk mail'. The thread is about introducing the facility to send a message to multiple recipients. Therefore, if introduced, there MUST be a way of restricting who the mail is sent to. Otherwise, thousands of people would write a mail, and send it to e.g. all the single female profiles. The very definition of junk mail.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I dont think that counts as 'junk mail'. Thats just other members trying to make actual contact with you

Of course it's 'junk mail'. The thread is about introducing the facility to send a message to multiple recipients. Therefore, if introduced, there MUST be a way of restricting who the mail is sent to. Otherwise, thousands of people would write a mail, and send it to e.g. all the single female profiles. The very definition of junk mail. "

This is why I suggested that it's only allowed (the mailshot) to those on a list on out profile...

Lets say we advertise an event on the forums, people can either mail us direct, or put their names on the thread asking to be kept informed.

We check the profile, and so long as its kosher we add it to a section on our profile called something like "guestlist" or similar. When time comes we mailshot the entire list with the details in one go, without having to copy n paste to each profile.

Flirty, pleased to see you at least understand this thread..thank you

Sure it's not that hard, quite simply the ability to message several people (or couples) in one go, once they've accepted you as a friend, this would be done by picking them up from your friends list in a similar manner to that of emailing contacts on a PC. The restriction on friends would prevent the "junk mail " issue arising, ,,,there simples

» Add a new message to this topic