FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Help please

Help please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there any way the site can block someone from their IP address ?

There is a Local man who keeps making a new profile most days , views me constantly and messages me , I keep blocking .

I've set up so no newbies can message me now , I've also tried to change my location, profile pic and even my user name !!

I now find myself logging on very often to check the local updates and views to find him to block him before he can find me .

Help me please !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

There probably is a way, but most IP addresses these days aren't fixed. Mobile phones, wifi etc make it impossible to block one user from their IP alone.

Booo

Ok thanks for taking the time to comment

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Block all non verifieds as well as newbies that might help, i can imagine how annoying it is but if you ignore he will eventually get bored.. good luck

Thanks , and that's also a good idea for a while I think , thanks

He's back blocked straight away hate this

If hes back as a newbie and you have blocked newbies then he cant message you... dont let him stress you out that way hes winning

"If hes back as a newbie and you have blocked newbies then he cant message you... dont let him stress you out that way hes winning"

Yes true , just hate him keep looking

I don't want to bring it into personal life but I know where he works , but can't exactly say anything to them

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"He's back blocked straight away hate this "
I take it that you're reporting him to Admin each time?

"He's back blocked straight away hate this I take it that you're reporting him to Admin each time?"

No because I have nothing to report him for really .

"If hes back as a newbie and you have blocked newbies then he cant message you... dont let him stress you out that way hes winning

I don't want to bring it into personal life but I know where he works , but can't exactly say anything to them "

Dont say anything its shows him hes bothering you, he will eventually get bored and give up, hes only looking and cant message, show him hes not winning x

"If hes back as a newbie and you have blocked newbies then he cant message you... dont let him stress you out that way hes winning

I don't want to bring it into personal life but I know where he works , but can't exactly say anything to them

Dont say anything its shows him hes bothering you, he will eventually get bored and give up, hes only looking and cant message, show him hes not winning x"

Ok

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"He's back blocked straight away hate this I take it that you're reporting him to Admin each time?

No because I have nothing to report him for really . "

Having a 2nd profile to get round blocks is against site rules.

If youve blocked his original profile and he's contacting you from other profiles then report

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"He's back blocked straight away hate this I take it that you're reporting him to Admin each time?"

For looking at a profile?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Is there any way the site can block someone from their IP address ?

There is a Local man who keeps making a new profile most days , views me constantly and messages me , I keep blocking .

I've set up so no newbies can message me now , I've also tried to change my location, profile pic and even my user name !!

I now find myself logging on very often to check the local updates and views to find him to block him before he can find me .

Help me please !

"

I can't see Admin blocking the person from joining because you don't like him looking at your profile.

IF you think it is the same person with multiple profiles then you can report to let Admin check it out...but if not then the mail filters are great for blocking newbies or a certain sex

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Has he actually said anything to you that breaks the rules? Is it simply that he's near and you know who he is in real life?

Does he know you?

If the only thing he's done is be recognised by you and keep opening new profiles then he's annoying but that's it.

If he's pestering you and suggesting that he knows you and you're worried about him becoming more than an online irritation then the best thing to do is close down your profile.

If he's stalking you then he probably has you hotlisted. Which means that even if you change your location or profile name he can find you. So close your profile, open a new one with a different location (lots of us say we're 20 miles from where we actually are) and use different pics on it. Shift everything just slightly, adjust your age a little etc.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"He's back blocked straight away hate this I take it that you're reporting him to Admin each time?

For looking at a profile? "

"... views me constantly and messages me"
I took it from the OP that the messages were offending, but it was only a guess!

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Impossible to block ip's someone may sit in maccies and use fab or a service station etc.

He's deleted himself again . Just waiting for a new one .

Il just let him get in with it and hope he gets bored

It's OK....I'll stop now......on,y joking it's not me. As I'm sure the OP will vouch!

"It's OK....I'll stop now......on,y joking it's not me. As I'm sure the OP will vouch!"

No it's not you lol

I guess you could always hide your profile

By *lue BelleWoman  over a year ago

Caernarfon. North Wales

If he's harassing you report it to admin. Thats what they'r there for. If hes made any threats then you can have a quiet word with the police as there are new laws out now

For looking at a profile? "

yeah why not? she doesn't want him stalking her online and blocked him so he couldn't. even if he doesn't message her he is causing her some distress by going round the site rules.

i'm guessing admin will only block him though, same as she is doing so realistically nothing stop him.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

yeah why not? she doesn't want him stalking her online and blocked him so he couldn't. even if he doesn't message her he is causing her some distress by going round the site rules.

i'm guessing admin will only block him though, same as she is doing so realistically nothing stop him."

But she didn't say he was harrasing her, she said constantly looking and messages me. which could mean, he looks a lot at her profile and sends an odd message. Obviously it could also mean that he messages her constantly but she didn't say that even on her further posts.

I did put advice in of what to do if he is doing more than looking at her profile.

I and many others had this same issue with the same female, though she was making threats away from the site as well, and we did the same as you and she eventually gave up x

Just keep blocking and ignoring and he will give up. If he does start making threats then a call to the police will suffice and they can explain the stalking laws to him...He will stop pretty sharpish then x

i'm guessing admin will only block him though, same as she is doing so realistically nothing stop him.

But she didn't say he was harrasing her, she said constantly looking and messages me. which could mean, he looks a lot at her profile and sends an odd message. Obviously it could also mean that he messages her constantly but she didn't say that even on her further posts.

I did put advice in of what to do if he is doing more than looking at her profile."

yeah fair enough. but blocking him simply means she does not want any attention from him at all. not any messages from him and not even for him to look at her profile.

i did get the impression he had been messaging her though using some of these new profiles but i probably misread something.

» Add a new message to this topic