FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Gilet Jaunes 22nd June.

Gilet Jaunes 22nd June.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otlovefun42 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We are picking up a few, although vague, stories about a "national shutdown" by the Gilets on 22nd June.

Apparently motorways, airports and the rail network are going to be targeted.

Does anyone in France have any more information?

Is it just bluster or is it going to happen? We are driving into France on the 22nd and would prefer not to get caught up in it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Its all gone quiet on the Gilet Jaune front down here but they were very active in the south at one point. Back in November there were a few thousand just at the Agde/Bessan turnoff on the A9 plus various other blockades.

If you make sure though that you display a yellow vest on your dashboard you shouldn't have too many problems

Costa Blanca Spain...

Thanks for that.

We drove back from Spain on the very first weekend of the protests last year and got caught up in it at the Fitou junction when we turned off to buy some wine.

They had taken control of the toll gates and were collecting tickets but just waving everyone through without paying

We had to do a detour to get onto the road we wanted but it didn't delay us too much. And to be fair they were a pretty light hearted bunch.

Just a bit worried about next weekend. The traffic going into Cap can be bad enough on a Saturday and with the protests it could be chaos.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

I drove through France from Bordeaux to dieppe Wednesday and didn't see anything. I think it's all gone pretty quiet on that front now..

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

I asked friends here about the 22nd and national disruption. They didn't have a clue. All the gilet jaune huts and protest areas have been long since tidied up around here. Apparently this one is about the electricity price hikes, but it's very quiet and I can't find any reference to it.

south west , continental

I just visited a gilet jaunes blog spot and aparantly a nationwide blockade in France is on June 22nd

Go onto the gilet jaunes blog sites all the posters are up. Particularly a big red depiction of the country with chains across it, warning of blockades from East to west and North to south.

Expect major league disruptions all over France. All transportation is expected to be effected.

Heed the warnings, I think they mean business.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I just visited a gilet jaunes blog spot and aparantly a nationwide blockade in France is on June 22nd

Go onto the gilet jaunes blog sites all the posters are up. Particularly a big red depiction of the country with chains across it, warning of blockades from East to west and North to south.

Expect major league disruptions all over France. All transportation is expected to be effected.

Heed the warnings, I think they mean business."

This is pretty much what we have heard and think that the roads into and around Cap would be a juicy target for them.

We are setting off from Spain on Friday and we usually stop over just before the French border (which could also be a target) so we can arrive at Cap nice and early on the Saturday.

Now thinking of doing the whole run on Friday and finding an overnight in or very close to Cap.

south west , continental

"I just visited a gilet jaunes blog spot and aparantly a nationwide blockade in France is on June 22nd

Heed the warnings, I think they mean business.

This is pretty much what we have heard and think that the roads into and around Cap would be a juicy target for them.

We are setting off from Spain on Friday and we usually stop over just before the French border (which could also be a target) so we can arrive at Cap nice and early on the Saturday.

Now thinking of doing the whole run on Friday and finding an overnight in or very close to Cap."

I wouldn't take any chances, travel Friday. Your aware that these sort of protests are unpredictable. All the gilet jaune blog spots and websites advertise major disruption. They are calling for everyone to protest not just hard core gilet jaune.

We all know that means hours in traffic jams.

I think they are targeting all transport links. So that's not just roads, but rail, air and sea.

Good luck with your travel, leave earlier and avoid the stress.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Decided on driving up on Friday.

Booked into the Tennis hotel so, at a pinch, we could walk it to the village on Saturday.

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Anybody remember the film "Convoy" from the 70s ?

About a load of American Truckers blasting thro police roadblocks in USA.

Think we should do the same thing in France on Saturday. A big line of Brit Motorhomes and Caravans blasting thro any of those pesky Yellow Vests at top speed while hanging out of the window shouting

"Breaker, breaker 19, take that Froggy"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The Hyper U roundabout contingent seem to have disappeared.

Costa Blanca Spain...

" Anybody remember the film "Convoy" from the 70s ?

About a load of American Truckers blasting thro police roadblocks in USA.

Think we should do the same thing in France on Saturday. A big line of Brit Motorhomes and Caravans blasting thro any of those pesky Yellow Vests at top speed while hanging out of the window shouting

"Breaker, breaker 19, take that Froggy""

Where's Sharpe and Hornblower when you need 'em?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"The Hyper U roundabout contingent seem to have disappeared."

Bet they're back on Saturday though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't piss them off, the ones at A9J34 were very violent, several police badly injured and one needed an air ambulance!

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

Glad we read this!

We were going to travel up from Catalonia on Saturday morning but having been held up at the A9/AP-7 border toll booth before (and not in 34C temperatures!), we'll travel Friday.

Hotel Tennis too....

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Glad we read this!

We were going to travel up from Catalonia on Saturday morning but having been held up at the A9/AP-7 border toll booth before (and not in 34C temperatures!), we'll travel Friday.

Hotel Tennis too...."

Adjoining rooms? LOL

We are overnight in Salou tonight so will be on the same motorway on Friday morning.

Black C class estate on German plates (can't be that many) give us a wave if you see us.

» Add a new message to this topic