FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Winks...

Winks...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So many people seem to complain about winks in their profile. Is it possible to have an option box for winks in the same way as the single men blocker? That way we'd know right away if they didn't want/look at winks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Excellent idea!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Our best current advice is this, if people don't want winks they just don't need to check their winks page

Admin x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I assume if someone has winked me they havent read my profile. I just mass delete winks

"Our best current advice is this, if people don't want winks they just don't need to check their winks page

Admin x"

The problem with that, is that it doesn't let the person that's winked them know they dislike being winked at!

Then you don't know if they've ignored you or have been bombarded by winks and your's went awol!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i just delete all winks even though have on profile dnt accept them

Guess its down to choice ignore respond mind u a wink in the hand is worth two in the bush !!

i believe and read from the site that winks were a way to show that you like or are interested in the person plus save the issue of pming the person and getting it deleted..to me winks are much easier to gauge attraction..if you get a wink back then the attraction is mutual you move on to msgs and if not you move on surely makes more sense to use winks

"i just delete all winks even though have on profile dnt accept them "

So if there was an option to restrict them on your profile page, you would use it which would notify all if they tried to wink at you...

By *laphe1Man  over a year ago

Manchester

i like wanks oops winks

I like to be winked at.

Get winked by one guy at least twice a week. Have messaged him and asked him to stop......have even blocked him, but it won't stop the winks! We think winks are lazy and rude, but we are forced to accept them. The option to refuse all winks (available on most other swingers sites) would be very nice.

"Our best current advice is this, if people don't want winks they just don't need to check their winks page

Admin x

The problem with that, is that it doesn't let the person that's winked them know they dislike being winked at!

Then you don't know if they've ignored you or have been bombarded by winks and your's went awol!"

Try reading their profile, if they dont like winks they say so!

You could always send a message first, and not even bother winking - least that way you know if they have read it/deleted it.

"Get winked by one guy at least twice a week. Have messaged him and asked him to stop......have even blocked him, but it won't stop the winks! "

thats obviously something you need to report to admin. The filter isn't working correctly.

yes rude i restrict them

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If you don't like winks, what is wrong with not looking at the winks page? It seems like an easy solution. Admin is curious to understand.

Admin x

Since we joined this site, the "block" option has NEVER prevented the blocked member from "winking" us. Setting the site preferences to refuse winks does not stop them either. Damn nuisance!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Since we joined this site, the "block" option has NEVER prevented the blocked member from "winking" us. Setting the site preferences to refuse winks does not stop them either. Damn nuisance!"

Can you contact us privately and let us know who was blocked but winked?

Also - Admin suggests, don't check your winks page.

Admin x

Forum Mod

There is an option on another site where if you send a wink to a user that has selected not to recieve them the winker gets a little message that says...."sod off we hate you winkers now go away and don't come back until you have composed a personal message"......or something like that

No point, made him stop in the end by reporting him to Admin. As to not checking the winks page, we don't, just clear it out every now and then.....just anoying that we have to! It's not that hard to code up so we shouldn't have to.

But that is somewhat like saying "The oil light is on in the car.....best not look at the oil light", It's not very polished.

"If you don't like winks, what is wrong with not looking at the winks page? It seems like an easy solution. Admin is curious to understand.

Admin x"

Personally I think winks are a great way of saying "I'm interested in your profile, are you interested in mine". Sometimes they're ignored, and sometimes it results in finding a new friend. It often saves typing a thought about mail, only for it to be totally ignored.

(Whilst we're on it how about a button that lazy people can press that says 'thanks but no thanks'!?!?)

If you send a wink to someone that doesn't state on profile their utter contempt for winks, then it sours a potential mail that might follow as they see you as 'wink guy that can't be bothered to mail'!

From the profiles I've viewed that don't want winks it's obviously a requirement.

"There is an option on another site where if you send a wink to a user that has selected not to recieve them the winker gets a little message that says...."sod off we hate you winkers now go away and don't come back until you have composed a personal message"......or something like that "

Honeypot... You're special!

"No point, made him stop in the end by reporting him to Admin. As to not checking the winks page, we don't, just clear it out every now and then.....just anoying that we have to! It's not that hard to code up so we shouldn't have to.

But that is somewhat like saying "The oil light is on in the car.....best not look at the oil light", It's not very polished."

Bulk delete all winks... in less than a second you will be a happy bunny again

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll look at adding a "no winks" option in a future update, appreciate the feedback.

Admin x

cant believe how much bother a wink can cause some folk

as someone else said bulk delete and in 1 second they are all gone........whereas it takes me 30 seconds to read some of the dribble i can get by private message

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"........whereas it takes me 30 seconds to read some of the dribble i can get by private message "

that long?? you must be a slow reader

"cant believe how much bother a wink can cause some folk

as someone else said bulk delete and in 1 second they are all gone........whereas it takes me 30 seconds to read some of the dribble i can get by private message "

Indeed: just block delete winks.

If only there was a way of stopping people contacting you whilst your profile is hidden!

"........whereas it takes me 30 seconds to read some of the dribble i can get by private message

that long?? you must be a slow reader "

some guys think that a private message that is thorough and lengthy will get them into my knickers

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

rather than a wink blocker..... how about a "wink auto responder" that you can turn on or off if that is what you like....

something like "thank you for the wink, but i would rather that you sent me a personalised message if you want to get to know me better"

And then wecan block deletet the winks that we didn't want in the first place....

As we said earlier, whils appreciating that some people love to get winks, we personally feel that they are a way for (ususlly) men on here to "try their luck" with absolutely no effort. We find them rude and lazy, why should we have to tidy our account from the "junk mail" we have been sent?

» Add a new message to this topic