FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Photos problem fixed Monday 24th

Photos problem fixed Monday 24th

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

There has been a problem for the past few minutes where photos were not visible for some users.

This should now be fixed

Admin x

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *rionycdTV/TS  over a year ago

East Kilbride

Thank you.

By *onnie n clyde 2Couple  over a year ago

grimsby scunthorpe hull

I'm still concerned about the privacy about the pics we upload especially the ones in public

Anybody can copy and paste pics and store them on their laptop/PC or phone, as in the past I have had photos stolen, how can you/we stop this for good ?

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"how can you/we stop this for good ?"
Easy!!

Don't upload any pictures!

That's the ONLY way to stop it!

grimsby scunthorpe hull

Ya think lol, there is a better way but fab don't want to protect our pics shame on them

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Ya think lol, there is a better way but fab don't want to protect our pics shame on them"

There is no better way. Once you've shared your photo with someone there is nothing we can do to stop them mis-using it.

Don't share anything you'd be upset if someone mis-used.

Admin c

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Ya think lol, there is a better way but fab don't want to protect our pics shame on them

There is no better way. Once you've shared your photo with someone there is nothing we can do to stop them mis-using it.

Don't share anything you'd be upset if someone mis-used.

Admin c

"

People get a false sense of security on many sites thinking their photos are safe but there's always a way round it.

At least on here they recognise that.

If it's on the Internet you can't take it back. If you're worried keep any naked pics faceless and face pics fit to be seen by family/friends/people you work with. And if your pics crop up on someone else's profile then report it.

grimsby scunthorpe hull

I didn't share my pics at the time they was stolen, I'm not worried now as everyone knows we are swingers just wanted to warn ppl about this, that's all just be careful with your pics

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It can be made more difficult to save images , by disabling the right click 'save image ' option.

But on most browsers there is a work around, so peeps who know how to, can still save them.

And then there is the old screen shot, as a last resort to pic savers.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"It can be made more difficult to save images , by disabling the right click 'save image ' option.

But on most browsers there is a work around, so peeps who know how to, can still save them.

And then there is the old screen shot, as a last resort to pic savers."

Admin are very open about this in FAQs:

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

Im totally IT illiterate and even I can screenshot any image on the net.

That last bit is from me, not Admin, by the way

Site is really slow loading and i can't see any pics right now. Just saying.

Even the smilies have gone. NOooooo!!

Seems alright now, sorry about that.