FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > ‘Meet Me’ swipe section

‘Meet Me’ swipe section

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has fab ever thought about introducing a swipe left or right section to the website, a bit like traditional dating apps like POF have as a section.

It would make it extremely easy to connect with others if you’re told they’ve given you a ‘like’. I fear at the moment no one really has the time to go through the search section and it also only goes up to 10pages. Whilst many couples and women get so many winks they just don’t look at them.

Having a swiping section would make it really easy to see who’s interested in you and to connect with them, without having to go onto each seperate profile, fab picks and give them a message and often get no response hah!

Just a thought an easy and quick way to connect those interested in getting to know each other

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lkNhungMan  over a year ago

Luton

I think this is a great idea

" I think this is a great idea"

Thanks wouldn’t have to dominate the site like the Tinder format - just a small section people could use to swipe yes or no on those local, would make it waaay easier to see who’s interested in you!

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

If winks are ignored (and I always ignore them myself), why would a swipe not be? I’m not sure that it would get guys any more attention than they get now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What’s a guy got to do to get noticed then cos it seems women don’t want to read all the messages but don’t want to search for a guy either .

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

So don't you have to read the profile anyway to decide if you want to "swipe" it? I'm not sure how it's any different to a wink.

By *ake_holeMan  over a year ago

London

Would be ok with it but only if it was an opt-in feature

Cardiff

"What’s a guy got to do to get noticed then cos it seems women don’t want to read all the messages but don’t want to search for a guy either . "

I read every single message I get. I just don’t reply to most of them.

Cardiff

"So don't you have to read the profile anyway to decide if you want to "swipe" it? I'm not sure how it's any different to a wink. "

Don’t be daft, no-one wants to waste time reading profiles

I don’t think a lot of people read profiles as it is. And the search function is incredibly long when trying to find lots of people in your area. A simple swipe function would mean you could let a lot of people know you’re attracted to them and visa versa instead of having to click on every profile and send a wink which will likely go ignored.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I love that. As it stops me reading too many unwanted messages

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Only want the men im attracted to messaging me would make my life alot easier

Cardiff

"I don’t think a lot of people read profiles as it is. And the search function is incredibly long when trying to find lots of people in your area. A simple swipe function would mean you could let a lot of people know you’re attracted to them and visa versa instead of having to click on every profile and send a wink which will likely go ignored."

But for a lot of us, the fact that hardly anyone can be bothered to read our profiles is already a massive problem. This may sound brutal but I don’t care who’s attracted to me if they don’t fit what I’m looking for, which is one of the reasons I ignore winks.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"I don’t think a lot of people read profiles as it is. And the search function is incredibly long when trying to find lots of people in your area. A simple swipe function would mean you could let a lot of people know you’re attracted to them and visa versa instead of having to click on every profile and send a wink which will likely go ignored.

But for a lot of us, the fact that hardly anyone can be bothered to read our profiles is already a massive problem. This may sound brutal but I don’t care who’s attracted to me if they don’t fit what I’m looking for, which is one of the reasons I ignore winks."

Tbf your profile is pretty damn long!

Cardiff

"I don’t think a lot of people read profiles as it is. And the search function is incredibly long when trying to find lots of people in your area. A simple swipe function would mean you could let a lot of people know you’re attracted to them and visa versa instead of having to click on every profile and send a wink which will likely go ignored.

But for a lot of us, the fact that hardly anyone can be bothered to read our profiles is already a massive problem. This may sound brutal but I don’t care who’s attracted to me if they don’t fit what I’m looking for, which is one of the reasons I ignore winks.

Tbf your profile is pretty damn long! "

It needs to be. And if someone doesn’t have the stamina to read it, they definitely don’t have the stamina to meet me.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Tbf your profile is pretty damn long! "

Like long profiles.

If someone cant be arsed to read everything you've written why would you be at all interested in them?

OP - I don't think it would make the slightest bit of difference to anyone's success on Fab. Many would swipe every female/couples profile the same way they send multiple copy/paste messages.

Success can be boosted by gimmicks. It's not about trying to find a quick fix. It's about paying attention to details, using common sense and portraying yourself the best you can through words and pictures.

And always will be.......

A

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nah I'm not into that. Too fast foody like. Id rather go for a sit down...

"Only want the men im attracted to messaging me would make my life alot easier "

Yeah exactly it’ll be very quick and easy to connect with those who have a mutual attraction!

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Tbf your profile is pretty damn long!

It needs to be. And if someone doesn’t have the stamina to read it, they definitely don’t have the stamina to meet me."

Rock on!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Only want the men im attracted to messaging me would make my life alot easier

Yeah exactly it’ll be very quick and easy to connect with those who have a mutual attraction!"

Considering the vast majority of profiles don't display faces how do you know you're attracted?

What if your initial attraction disappears the second you get a message? Just because someone is visually appealing at first glance it doesn't guarantee compatibility - which you'd have a better idea of from reading the profile.

I know plenty of people in the real world who are visually appealing but utter twats personality wise, who I'd never in a million years be interested in speaking to let alone getting jiggy with.

Fab's not broke. It doesn't need fixing.

A

Yeah exactly it’ll be very quick and easy to connect with those who have a mutual attraction!

Considering the vast majority of profiles don't display faces how do you know you're attracted?

What if your initial attraction disappears the second you get a message? Just because someone is visually appealing at first glance it doesn't guarantee compatibility - which you'd have a better idea of from reading the profile.

I know plenty of people in the real world who are visually appealing but utter twats personality wise, who I'd never in a million years be interested in speaking to let alone getting jiggy with.

A"

I’m sure there is a way to do it with profiles with photos, as in the same way you can do that with the search function!

And as stated this is more an initial attraction to connect then get to know each other - of course there are people who become unattractive or incompatible after speaking, however you don’t really tend to message people first based off their personality do you? The initial attraction is looks then you find out more!

Just think it would be an easier and less cluttered way to find mutual attractions. The search function and winks are simply either time consuming to use or get ignored. And many people on here don’t have the time to trawl through lots of profiles to often get no response. I for one tend to only message those who’ve winked back, messages me first or viewed my profile (which isn’t many) as I don’t have enough free time - this would be a quicker easy method

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

I’m sure there is a way to do it with profiles with photos, as in the same way you can do that with the search function!

And as stated this is more an initial attraction to connect then get to know each other - of course there are people who become unattractive or incompatible after speaking, however you don’t really tend to message people first based off their personality do you? The initial attraction is looks then you find out more!

Just think it would be an easier and less cluttered way to find mutual attractions. The search function and winks are simply either time consuming to use or get ignored. And many people on here don’t have the time to trawl through lots of profiles to often get no response. I for one tend to only message those who’ve winked back, messages me first or viewed my profile (which isn’t many) as I don’t have enough free time - this would be a quicker easy method"

Sorry if I seem to be labouring a few points.

But unless a face is visible how can you gauge attraction. Ever heard of BOBFOC? Not every hot arse or tits has a face to match and vice versa.

As for who people message? I'd suggest that a huge number make a decision base on the personality that comes across in the whole package of a profile. Just because someone is physically attracted to you doesn't mean they're compatible. A picture doesn't show you preferences, sexuality, safe sex views, or any other individual detail. It doesn't show if they're meeting or not. It doesn't tell you if they can accommodate or travel, what ages they prefer or if they're not interested in a particular characteristic - race, sexuality, cock size, body size.

If you don't have much free time then the quick fix solution you seek won't help. You'll get ignored as often as now, still have to establish genuine interest via messages and still have to 'trawl' through profiles to find the pretty faces you want.

I've been here over ten years and seen many a suggestion to make life easier for both single men and couples. Few have been viable. Most have just been about getting better results for the suggester.

They all seem to ignore the fact that all it takes is patience, manners, effort in creating a visually appealing well written (yep - all those words on profiles nobody reads) 'shop window' and engaging with people in the right way to get better results.

An often quoted phrase on the forums was always 'this isn't instashag'.

The site gives all the tools required. You just have to use them. If what you're doing now isn't working or getting the desired results then change what you're doing - don't wait for or expect the site or other people to change to make your life easier because that's going to be a long old wait.

A

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok back to the OP please, it is just a suggestion in the right section

By *leopatra 64Couple  over a year ago

Poole

[Removed by poster at 21/04/20 11:57:30]

By *leopatra 64Couple  over a year ago

Poole

Absolutely

A"

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

Can’t see the need to go against this idea so long as it was implemented as an opt in/option

Eg Profile pics could have a pic type to be used just for the swipe participation with a tick box to include you ‘in’. That way you can still show whatever body part (lol) you want on your profile pic and have something more suitable as the opt in for swipe purposes

I can see how couples may not be so interested, but Fab has many singles and adding a feature that’s highly successful on dating focused apps can only be an enhancement to increase interactions.

Basing it on the ‘who’s nearby’ is also a good idea.

» Add a new message to this topic