FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Blackpool clubs closing?

Blackpool clubs closing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unny Valentine OP   Couple  over a year ago

Crewe

So I've just been reading that to make Blackpool more appealling to families it will close all lapdancing and adult entertainment venues as and when their licences expire.

Will this be applied to swingers clubs / hotels? Has anyone heard and what are your thoughts?

My personal thoughts is this is the least of Blackpools issues, if done correctly it should be able to do both - accommodate families and continue with adult entertainment that provides quite a big income to its current economy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

As I understand it they are only closing them if they allow their licence to lapse, if the licence is renewed on time then they will stay open, unless I have misunderstood.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"So I've just been reading that to make Blackpool more appealling to families it will close all lapdancing and adult entertainment venues as and when their licences expire.

Will this be applied to swingers clubs / hotels? Has anyone heard and what are your thoughts?

My personal thoughts is this is the least of Blackpools issues, if done correctly it should be able to do both - accommodate families and continue with adult entertainment that provides quite a big income to its current economy."

I live in Blackpool, I haven't heard or read that the Adult clubs or the Adult Hotels...I think there are 1 or 2 of them, are to close. The strip clubs and also the lap dancing clubs are not discreet and it's very obvious what they are. Blackpool does need a good clean up...too many stag/Hen parties and groups of either sex all out to get steaming...not nice when you have a family and are walking down the promenade, not a good look, and it cannot be avoided even during the day and early evening. Apart from all that the piers need money spending on them as they look really run down as do a lot of premises that holiday makers and locals see...not a good luck!

Crewe

"As I understand it they are only closing them if they allow their licence to lapse, if the licence is renewed on time then they will stay open, unless I have misunderstood."

Just re-read to make sure. Definitely closing. The council wanted to do it straight away 4 lapdancing clubs and an adult shop. Leaving the adult shop and letting the club's trade until each licence expires. Hopefully swingers venues are not at prominent and don't really lend themselves to stag weekends which is what they are trying to stop. So shouldn't be affected.

By *lub playCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool, At The Crack Of Dawn!!

It is true Blackpool Council are try to make Blackpool more family friendly.

This mainly affects the pole dancing & stripper clubs & spars around the tower, coupled with only allowing one adult sex shop. All present licences can be renewed but new applications will not be accepted.

We can only talk for our club but we will not be effected by this and looking forward to reopening as soon as it's safe and legally permitted

Crewe

"It is true Blackpool Council are try to make Blackpool more family friendly.

This mainly affects the pole dancing & stripper clubs & spars around the tower, coupled with only allowing one adult sex shop. All present licences can be renewed but new applications will not be accepted.

We can only talk for our club but we will not be effected by this and looking forward to reopening as soon as it's safe and legally permitted"

That's great to know, because a dirty weekend away in Blackpool was very much on the cards for after the lockdown, and those glory holes look very interesting

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

We can only talk for our club but we will not be effected by this and looking forward to reopening as soon as it's safe and legally permitted"

I'm very glad to read that.

By *u4rFunMan  over a year ago

wigan

Great news x

By *achael_55TV/TS  over a year ago

Wilmslow

"Great news x "

I second that

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Really glad to hear Club Play won't be affected, as it's the first place we want to visit when allowed.

Ideally I'd love to spend all weekend dressed up!

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I don't think Blackpool problems lie in the lapdancing sex shop part of it. It's the run down parts and lack of investment in the family tourist trade. Sure its had huge work done to the front but the attractions and entertainment have stagnated. The lights a few years ago were shocking, I remembered them as a child something to be wondered at.

Most of us north of Oxford have probably been to Blackpool, it used to be an enjoyable day trip as a child or so I remember an I never seen the problems. As I've got older and have visited on the said stag nights and dirty kinky weekend trips I've seen Blackpool does have a seedy side but I'd say no more than some other destinations of the same type in the UK. I've had some excellent nights and weekends in blackpool

It's a catch 22 situation, I agree the stag night trade would but families off, but if they stop that then you really have to gamble on the families returning.

By *etro manMan  over a year ago

manchester

I have been going to blkpool for some time now and maybe move the laudable etc clubs a way from the prom and then all can in joy hopefully

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I love Blackpool.. I'll be back as soon as I can x

durham

"Really glad to hear Club Play won't be affected, as it's the first place we want to visit when allowed.

Ideally I'd love to spend all weekend dressed up!"

I spend all my time there dressed

You should definately give it a try,

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

good news.

To me, it seems like Blackpool's council want to target stuff that is more to do with stag n hen and lager lout crowds?

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

Bristol are doing exactly tbe same all lapdancing and strip clubs are being forced to close when their licences expire

durham

"Great news x

I second that "

hi Rachael. You look fab. Tried to message you. You have blocked tvs though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You having a laugh. Make Blackpool better by closing pole dancing/strip clubs.... really

If they want to divert stag & hen parties they better close local pubs as well. Wetherspoons been the first.

I didn't believe it to start with, until I read the comments

By *nfusion_blackpoolCouple  over a year ago

Infusion Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 03/04/21 19:42:17]

By *nfusion_blackpoolCouple  over a year ago

Infusion Blackpool

Infusion will be opened as soon as we deem safe enough. We cant wait to open again, it's been a long and very strange time.

We have never had to shut a single day since opening in 2005. So we have over a year of fun to catch up

Great to hear... looking forward to coming back x

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"So I've just been reading that to make Blackpool more appealling to families it will close all lapdancing and adult entertainment venues as and when their licences expire.

My personal thoughts is this is the least of Blackpools issues, if done correctly it should be able to do both - accommodate families and continue with adult entertainment that provides quite a big income to its current economy."

The swingers clubs are well discreet in Blackpool, you would only know what they where if you went or knew some one that did..they don't advertise on the out side what they are, and that also goes for the Swingers hotel. There are the certain pubs where all groups go to get steaming and these same places encourage rowdy behavior, I wouldn't say that Weatherspoons in one of these though.

By *henewmeMan  over a year ago

Ribble Valley

So Glad to hear the Clubs in Blackpool are going to open again. I’d just read the story on the lap dancing and sex shops so logged on to ask the question on the forum when I found this thread. My wife and I miss Infusions, Chams and Cupid’s sooooo much. We will give Cupids a go again when it opens but worried it may not be the same without Bruce and Yona.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Trump was right about the wall. He just got the location wrong. The easy solution to this is to build a wall. Maybe from sea front to the edge of town just north of the tower. Party Blackpool north side, family Blackpool South side.

I have being going Blackpool all my life. A boy on family holidays, as a young man and as father with my own family. I love it. You have two Blackpool's and impossible to avoid the two colliding. And I think both are vital to its economy. Its quite possible to leave a resturant out onto the street at 7pm to be confronted by the bride to be on all fours with a dildo on her head vomiting all over the pavment. To see grown men fighting out side the front of The Manchester at 2 in the afternoon. Personally I accept it as part of Blackpool and doesn't stop me bringing the family but I understand why it may put others off or not be the image the council want. I would just say to the council turn away your valuable customer base at your own risk. The job situation is difficult in Blackpool as it is. The staycation culture will not last forever and your the new customer base may not hang.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

We've only been to one club in Blackpool. It's nowhere near the promenade and can't see holiday makers making their way round the area.

Blackpool needs cleaning up full stop. Once you get off the promenade it's a dump in most areas

More importantly the red light District in Blackpool is being knocked down. About time as is a hub for exploitation.

By *restonM50Man  over a year ago

preston

Looking forward to being able to visit the clubs in Blackpool again.

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Saw the story about Blackpool closing clubs and wonder if it was just the strip clubs and the stag do pubs being closed.

Am glad if it appears the Swing clubs and hotels are OK.

Nevertheless surprised if they go ahead with this as the amount of revenue lost could be massive.

Strip clubs and also paying for sex does leave me a bit cold to be honest but I know somevmake a living out of it - so respect and safety I would hope would be a guiding line the council take and not a prudish clean up operation as this will likely kill the town off financially - it's not a resort in Portugal or Spzin.

"More importantly the red light District in Blackpool is being knocked down. About time as is a hub for exploitation. "

I fear that all Blackpool council will accomplish is moving the red light district to another poor socially disadvantaged area.

This is a move about making Blackpool more appealing and family-friendly and the redevelopment of prime real estate including -

Chariot of the Gods

£10m of funding is going towards a project that will see the relocation of Blackpool’s magistrates and civil court, which will open up space for a new world-class visitor attraction called 'Chariot of the Gods'.

It will move to the former Devonshire Road Hospital site to clear the way for the £300m venue on Blackpool Central car park.

The site comprises of 17 acres and will consist of a number of new buildings, a multi storey car park and pedestrianised access routes through the complex.

The mega entertainment venue is set to include a new major public square for live events, such as music concerts, light shows, sporting events and markets.

The theme is based upon the work of swiss author Erich Von Dainken whose novels are based on unsolved mysteries of the past, such as the pyramids of Egypt and ancient cave drawings.

IMAX Cinema and Houndshill Shopping Centre Development

Last month Blackpool Council signed three key deals that will help transform the town centre which include a unique multimedia IMAX cinema.

The 850 seater venue is a first-of-its-kind development in the UK as it offers traditional cinema screenings whilst providing conference facilities, an incubator workspace as well as an e-sports café.

The shopping centre will also see return of a Wilko store which was formerly located at the old Fine Fare building on Talbot Road.

Blackpool will also get its first five-star hotel here in the form of The Sands Venue Resort Hotel and Spa.

Blackpool Illuminations modernisation

The famous Blackpool lights are set to get £4.5m facelift including upgrading 3km of electrical infrastructure.

The upgrade will see up to three new Promenade features and up to three new light art installations.

The aim is to to attract new visitors by including new features and letting them shine for longer every year.

Community Sports Village

£5.5m is going into the regeneration of the Revoe area, creating new sports pitches and facilities for community use.

This will mean the redevelopment of the abandoned site in the Southern Quarter.

Working alongside Blackpool Football Club and the BFC Community Trust, proposals include the creation of community football pitches, the delivery of a new east stand to the main stadium and will create business and commercial facilities.

Investment in Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone

The airport will see a massive investment in infastructure with £7.5m improving access and development opportunities.

A new road will be created which will open up development sites to attract jobs and investment.

It's owners have recently taken back control from Blackpool Council for its day-to-day operations and management which will secure its long term future.

Blackpool's First and Only Pop Museum

The owner of Crazy Scot's Bar and The Yellow Submarine on Rigby Road, Hamish Howitt, plans to create Blackpool's first pop museum at the site of the town's oldest cinema.

The plans entered their second phase last month to convert the top floors of the former Royal Pavilion Theatre building.

The museum will show all that's great about British pop music showcasing its history all the way from post war UK with a section even dedicated to the victims of Covid and the survivors.

Skate park development

Blackpool Council revealed plans in December to convert a disused basketball court into the new facility for use by skateboarders, bikers and scooter riders.

The site at Stanley Park will be redeveloped in the hope which it will prevent youngsters from wrecking historical features by riding over them.

Plans include a ‘bandstand’ type platform and ‘balustrade’ grinding rails.

A lot of other projects are in the pipeline I believe of the back of these developments.

By *dgeofheaven71Man  over a year ago

Portsmouth and Blackpool

As someone who regularly use to visit Blackpool with my partner (at least one weekend a month) please tell me The castle and Shannigans will be open again in June

"As someone who regularly use to visit Blackpool with my partner (at least one weekend a month) please tell me The castle and Shannigans will be open again in June "

To my knowledge at present both will be reopening I believe

By *jo1983Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"As someone who regularly use to visit Blackpool with my partner (at least one weekend a month) please tell me The castle and Shannigans will be open again in June

To my knowledge at present both will be reopening I believe"

What are they? I only come to Blackpool for Club SX haha.

Are they clubs or pubs?

By *dgeofheaven71Man  over a year ago

Portsmouth and Blackpool

Both are pubs,The castle has a DJ known as the Marmite DJ because he will just take the micky out of everyone entering the place

By *jo1983Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Both are pubs,The castle has a DJ known as the Marmite DJ because he will just take the micky out of everyone entering the place "

They sound good. I went to a place called Flying Handbag last time I was there.

"As someone who regularly use to visit Blackpool with my partner (at least one weekend a month) please tell me The castle and Shannigans will be open again in June

To my knowledge at present both will be reopening I believe

What are they? I only come to Blackpool for Club SX haha.

Are they clubs or pubs?"

These are not swingers clubs or hotels but just normal but fun bars.

The swingers establishment are -

Clubs

Club Play - formerly Club Sx

Infusion

Swinger Hotels & bars

Paradise

Stay n Play

There are lots of very sexauly open bars & pubs in blackpool and suggest around the Dickinson Road area from the Flying Handbag to LuLu's if visiting Blackpool where you will find Lot's of swingers frequent before heading onto clubs

» Add a new message to this topic