FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Name Search facility in chat rooms

Name Search facility in chat rooms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else think it would be good to have a Name Search facility in the chat rooms? You find someone in the profile search and you see the little icon to see they are chatting but to chat with them you then have to search each individual chat rom to find them. A lookup would be great! Or does this exist and I'm not aware

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

That is a good idea.

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I could def use that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is asked quite regularly but has never been implemented. I think its to stop (or at least make more difficult) cam 'stalking'. Innocently, it does seem a good idea and more than once we've found ourselves trawling through rooms to find a friend... we now just send them a message and ask what room they are in.

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"This is asked quite regularly but has never been implemented. I think its to stop (or at least make more difficult) cam 'stalking'. Innocently, it does seem a good idea and more than once we've found ourselves trawling through rooms to find a friend... we now just send them a message and ask what room they are in."

But when your in a cam room, you cant open messages. Well not with out leaving the room and reopening fab in another window.

By *ilbearniMan  over a year ago

peninsula

[Removed by poster at 28/01/17 10:31:48]

By *ilbearniMan  over a year ago

peninsula

"This is asked quite regularly but has never been implemented. I think its to stop (or at least make more difficult) cam 'stalking'. Innocently, it does seem a good idea and more than once we've found ourselves trawling through rooms to find a friend... we now just send them a message and ask what room they are in.

I use chrome and when in chat and i click on a profile/username it opens in a new tab.from there i send a message if i want.

But when your in a cam room, you cant open messages. Well not with out leaving the room and reopening fab in another window. "

I use chrome and when in chat and i click on a profile/username it opens in a new tab.from there i send a message if i want.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"This is asked quite regularly but has never been implemented. I think its to stop (or at least make more difficult) cam 'stalking'. Innocently, it does seem a good idea and more than once we've found ourselves trawling through rooms to find a friend... we now just send them a message and ask what room they are in.

But when your in a cam room, you cant open messages. Well not with out leaving the room and reopening fab in another window. "

I'm guessing you are accessing Fab from your phone, as from a desktop or laptop you can access your messages etc.

Yes you can -

On desktop the chat opens in a new tab on the browser. Sorry, never made it clear I was meaning the desktop website.

this would be a very good idea.. we've had the same problem many times. x

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

The only way this is a good idea if it's only accessible to people on your friends list

Being in chat doesn't mean your in a room could be private messaging

I find it creepy when people massage saying what room are you in I've been trying to find you

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"The only way this is a good idea if it's only accessible to people on your friends list

Being in chat doesn't mean your in a room could be private messaging

I find it creepy when people massage saying what room are you in I've been trying to find you "

If this is ever implemented, I would want to be able to set it to 'friends only', as I don't want people following me round the chat rooms.

» Add a new message to this topic