FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Chat mods.

Chat mods.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok I am starting this one as we have a few threads lately on not being enough mods to control the directors.

To save having lots of threads and posts getting heated maybe this thread could just answer a yes or no so Admin can see what people think.

More mods?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Ok I am starting this one as we have a few threads lately on not being enough mods to control the directors.

To save having lots of threads and posts getting heated maybe this thread could just answer a yes or no so Admin can see what people think.

More mods?"

yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes

yes

By *teel and silkCouple  over a year ago

middle of fife

Yes from steel and yes from silk

Keep the same mods but allow them to do their job without the 'feedback' that we often received !!!!!!! - in other words a bollocking - it just goes to prove that softly softly isn't working and that my 'old fashioned' 'no shit' form of modding did work !

But on the flipside - punters, you need to grow up as well, act your age, stop moaning, use the options given to you by the site in the absence of a mod, block and report those who you deem to be a problem and it will be dealt with ...........

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Keep the same mods but allow them to do their job without the 'feedback' that we often received !!!!!!! - in other words a bollocking - it just goes to prove that softly softly isn't working and that my 'old fashioned' 'no shit' form of modding did work !

But on the flipside - punters, you need to grow up as well, act your age, stop moaning, use the options given to you by the site in the absence of a mod, block and report those who you deem to be a problem and it will be dealt with ..........."

And off we go again jesus a simple yes or no answer was asked for

And I've just given a simple explanation

Problem ???

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

yes

Yes.

"And I've just given a simple explanation

Problem ???"

......well the OP was asking for a YES or No answer it's not rocket science is it ¿ So yes or no

& yes I think there needs to be more chatroom mods.

* creEps roUnd grAveYaRd * -|-

Yes

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

dont need more mods, just change the 30 min user ban into a 30 day IP address ban

simple to do...

But very few people have a static IP address, so an IP ban wouldn't work

no we have 27 so thinks that enough

It's a NO from me, the site's well run from what I've seen.

"If it aint broke, why fix it"

took me 1 hour to remember all the mods names but i got there lol

[Removed by poster at 11/04/11 21:09:59]

hell 27 richy where they all too staying in their fav rooms 27 should be enough for all rooms then but it aint so I say

in answer to rugby's question

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

AND IN CASE YA MISSED MY ANSWER

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Sheepishly kitten creeps back in forum and apologises for caps xxxxx mwah

if its decided that we do need more mods..then it needs extremely careful selection !!

Chat room Mods only? for one thing along with other bits and pieces they have to be involved in, it may help stop directing in non directing rooms?....and not so much training involved, to get said Mods up to speed perhaps? just an idea.

"Chat room Mods only? for one thing along with other bits and pieces they have to be involved in, it may help stop directing in non directing rooms?....and not so much training involved, to get said Mods up to speed perhaps? just an idea."

Many of the mods are only chat room mods

Really? did not know that, thought all mods had to be trained in all issues on site. Thanks for info.

"Really? did not know that, thought all mods had to be trained in all issues on site. Thanks for info. "

No some do chat only... Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say so some just do chat only

Vote is yes to more mods.

Afterall the ones we have have a life to and can't be there 24/7

but will the new 1s not have a life to? ... in not nit picking but you will never find a mod that will be on 24/7 ... we try our best we on morning afternoon and nite but we gotta sleep and yes we no mods have kids ect... and cant be on all the time this is the point im trying to get across... you will neva get a mod that is all on the time some people twist when you cant find 1 during the day and some twist when you cant find 1 on a night so where does it go from there?? we will never win and even if we get new mods they will never win unless admin can find robots to do it

Did not mean new ones would be on 24-7 .... but the more mods we have the better chance at least one will be on when they are needed....... and it just might make the rule breakers think twice before stepping out of line!!

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

i vote yes ONLY the reason being, there is 27 mods and the ireland room has one and its richy well the only one that spends more than 2mins in the room at any one time, and i dont blame mods from mainland uk not wanting to spend much time in there as we are all here for the one thing and thats to meet people etc, and whats the change of a mod from mainland uk meeting someone from over here, unless they planing a trip over..

"i vote yes ONLY the reason being, there is 27 mods and the ireland room has one and its richy well the only one that spends more than 2mins in the room at any one time, and i dont blame mods from mainland uk not wanting to spend much time in there as we are all here for the one thing and thats to meet people etc, and whats the change of a mod from mainland uk meeting someone from over here, unless they planing a trip over.."

There is a valid point here. Most the chat mods either use general room or scots room most the time, with the odd visit to Wales or Ireland rooms.

Yes to more mods, particularly those from Ireland, Wales and possible Scotland or North. Simply because people will generally use one room over others.

S.

Then when a different mod dares to enter one of the clannish rooms they get asked why they are there because they aren't 'their' mod ...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

We don't use the chat rooms to meet people for potential meets...so we don't care which room I go in and why I jump rooms a lot....including the Ireland room although when I do I watch more than chat.

Damn, I just said more than yes or no too.

You'll get your legs slapped by the OP ..

Oops! you are the OP

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You'll get your legs slapped by the OP ..

Oops! you are the OP "

If you can't beat em, join em I say

"Ok I am starting this one as we have a few threads lately on not being enough mods to control the directors.

More mods?"

i think we need more mods as sometimes in the day general chat needs it

Yes to more mods

And yes I know mods have lives, but not every life is 9 to 5. There are plenty of people who chat through the night on a regular basis, logged in from work on the night shift,have insomnia or other reasons. Theres those that are single, with no kids who work maybe part time and fill the rest of the day online. Can mods not be picked from people like those?

And yes, richy and rugby are the only mods who visit the Ireland room. And seeing as the main Ireland chat is the old chat its a nightmare finding a mod when you need one as we have to scan the old rooms then go look through all the Beta rooms.

So either more mods, or a way of identifying which mod is on and where they are so they can be called for quickly

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

No, we don't need more mods, just more support for them from the regular chat users, all for one etc etc etc,

I think Ireland chat room should have a permanent moderator!!!

Amount of rule breaking is astonishing!!

xxx

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I "dared" to enter the Wales room the other day and was greeted with "and who the hell are _ilandlarry????"

I have been popping in as much as I can, regular visitors have made it slightly difficult esp during the day but I am making more of an effort.

I do think that the site needs more mods, esp those who frequent the rooms at night/early hours.

"I "dared" to enter the Wales room the other day and was greeted with "and who the hell are _ilandlarry????"

I have been popping in as much as I can, regular visitors have made it slightly difficult esp during the day but I am making more of an effort.

I do think that the site needs more mods, esp those who frequent the rooms at night/early hours. "

At least they wern't calling for your houses to be burned down ....

I'm still new on the site and only used chat a few times so far, so I'm unaware of how bad the chat problems can get. I trained as a voluntary MOD on a large chat site and they had different levels of MODs .. new MODs are given a cpl of rooms only that they have to watch when online and had basic ban and kick powers, next level up were more experienced and could ban and kick for longer and cover any room, MODs were also selected from as many various times zones as possible to maximise the amount of time the rooms were covered .. perhaps if new MODs are being started something like that may help ..

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

[Removed by poster at 13/04/11 17:46:51]

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Keep the same mods but allow them to do their job without the 'feedback' that we often received !!!!!!! - in other words a bollocking - it just goes to prove that softly softly isn't working and that my 'old fashioned' 'no shit' form of modding did work !"

A huge YES to more mods, Welsh beta is a complete zoo sometimes,and a huge yes to them being allowed to kick ass too!!!

"But on the flipside - punters, you need to grow up as well, act your age, stop moaning, use the options given to you by the site in the absence of a mod, block and report those who you deem to be a problem and it will be dealt with ..........."

I'll say it again, I am not a mod, so I dont intend to spend my time reminding people of the rules, dodging the ensuing abuse, and then having to report and block people.... I go into chatrooms to CHAT.

More mods has to mean less workload for all of them, and less dickheads (eventually) to annoy the rest of us!!

PS.... can someone do summat about the ladies actively encouraging the directors too???

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I give up

yes more mods

ok lol this is me talking so hope i make sense xx

yes to more mods.... but the present mods get so much flack for doin their jobs it wouldnt surprise me if nobody else wanted to become a mod lol

the moaning and groaning that goes on about mods doin their jobs is not fair as they are trying to keep the site sensible and respectful for the users

so yes to more mods .... i think lol xx

A

"I give up

"

Banging ... Head ... Brick wall ... Yes ?

More like people expressing their opinions ??

"I give up

"

awww rugby hun dun do that lol xxxxxxx

A

Sorry Rugby .. Yes ..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol @ you lot.

And np, I didn't expect anything else

yes i think we need a few more as they have more rooms to over look now.

thought they were looking to get more mods

YESSSSSSSSSS

* creEps roUnd grAveyaRd* -|-

By *ovCpl40sCouple  over a year ago

coventry

YES YES YES ............. ooooooo more YES!!!!

sorry really shouldn't post in the middle of a session but couldn't resist as the words do apply to the OP's orignal question!!!!

The other thing mods need is support from admin so when they make a decision it STICKS ...... folks get "lifetime" bans and are back on here with a new name inside a month hmmmmm thats a short life!!!!

In the 'bad old days' before the site was taken over, modding was done with a rod of iron but since SJ_Mark took over the mods have had their power eroded to the point where thay have virtually no teeth due to Admin 'meddling' with mods' decisions on a more than regular basis. In fact it was sometimes difficult to see who's side Admin were actually on.

Sorry SJ_Mark, if you think we are having a go, we aren't but without going into detail on here, you knew our views on both the old and new style of modding, and that we felt that your softly softly approach would go in quite the other direction. We said on many occasions both in private and in the mods forum that this would happen. Reading between the lines it seems that what we said has now come home to roost and it now looks like mayhem in the chat rooms if some of the stories on here are to believed.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

We joined this site a long time ago and had a chat ban for me accidently pressing my caps lock on halF WAY THROUGH A SENTANCE ( just like I did just there)

It was a permanant ban, a lifeban as others call it.

I personally don't think that was a better way to mod.

It definately wasn't a better way to mod, but now it's seems to have gone in completely the other direction, sorry if I came over as supporting draconian modding because I certainly don't, but during my spell as part of the team I felt the softly softly method of modding that we were instructed to employ was too lenient. I predicted anarchy and it seems that I may have been nearer the truth than anyone, myself included, could have imagined - if, as I said before, the stories we read here on a weekly basis are true

coventry

"We joined this site a long time ago and had a chat ban for me accidently pressing my caps lock on halF WAY THROUGH A SENTANCE ( just like I did just there)

It was a permanant ban, a lifeban as others call it.

I personally don't think that was a better way to mod."

Am not saying genuine mistakes should be so harshly punished but we do need punishment to a)fit the crime and b) be upheld!!!

Society itself is in a mess because of the "slap on the wrist" punishments dished out by the courts is it any wonder fab chat is going the same way??

Set some rules (in stone not just well if this and if that) lay them out for ALL to see and stick by them!!

The oh I am sorry it was just a joke or wotever excuse should not be tolerated!!!

What ban periods do you have now Ruggers ?

Is it still the 4hr then lifetime or is there something in between now? I always said that the option of 12/24/36/48 hrs would have been usefull and I know the reason for not employing those periods was to reduce the amount of short term banned members starting a new profile to circumvent say a 36hr ban. Of course the easist way to stop that happening would be to deny all new users access to chat for say 5 days thus if someone who had been given a 36hr ban made a new profile, they still wouldn't get into chat ...

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"What ban periods do you have now Ruggers ?

Is it still the 4hr then lifetime or is there something in between now? I always said that the option of 12/24/36/48 hrs would have been usefull and I know the reason for not employing those periods was to reduce the amount of short term banned members starting a new profile to circumvent say a 36hr ban. Of course the easist way to stop that happening would be to deny all new users access to chat for say 5 days thus if someone who had been given a 36hr ban made a new profile, they still wouldn't get into chat ...

"

New chat does work like that, think there is a 72hr period before you can participate.

Admin x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"What ban periods do you have now Ruggers ?

"

There is still the same ban options, but it is still the same as when you were here, if any mod thinks more than a four hour ban is needed we just report the profile at the same time as the ban, and Admin decide what timescale to give, ie 24/48 etc.

New chat you can't get in on a new profile anyway.

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

when i first started to mod fab there was only 2 or 3off us..now 4 years later 27 seems to be enuff, however even if another 27 were appointed theres no guarantee that they will be in at diffeerent times, unless off course admin want to start paying them night rates! lol

so my reply is no ...we have enough xx

By *oHerWellCouple  over a year ago

jklo

we think yes,even tho there r a lot and they do a gud job during the night wen insomniacs like me r awake it seems all the prats are too so we vote yes please .

yes but...

ok YES

but...

for the first time just say NO paddy m8 lol

"for the first time just say NO paddy m8 lol "

can never say no...its ma slutty nature lol

coventry

Sorry heres the point ........... 0630 on a Wednesday morning 200 people in chat rooms of 1 variety or another and there is only 1 mod "logged on"

No damn chance of keeping control with these odds!!

yes please...

I would have a huge yes vote on this , more mods are needed

"Sorry heres the point ........... 0630 on a Wednesday morning 200 people in chat rooms of 1 variety or another and there is only 1 mod "logged on"

No damn chance of keeping control with these odds!! "

i try me best mark m8 lol

By *yson38GWoman  over a year ago

Tyne and Wear

Yes and would like to become one too

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"Sorry heres the point ........... 0630 on a Wednesday morning 200 people in chat rooms of 1 variety or another and there is only 1 mod "logged on"

No damn chance of keeping control with these odds!! "

sorry but at 0630 I'm usually fast asleep!!

"In the 'bad old days' before the site was taken over, modding was done with a rod of iron but since SJ_Mark took over the mods have had their power eroded to the point where thay have virtually no teeth due to Admin 'meddling' with mods' decisions on a more than regular basis. In fact it was sometimes difficult to see who's side Admin were actually on.

Sorry SJ_Mark, if you think we are having a go, we aren't but without going into detail on here, you knew our views on both the old and new style of modding, and that we felt that your softly softly approach would go in quite the other direction. We said on many occasions both in private and in the mods forum that this would happen. Reading between the lines it seems that what we said has now come home to roost and it now looks like mayhem in the chat rooms if some of the stories on here are to believed. "

Well Said the Reds I must admit being on site with new owners and old owners i gotta agree

iron rod ... dam i bet that hurt lol

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

it did richy but fook it was fun ! hehehe

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Yes

By *yson38GWoman  over a year ago

Tyne and Wear

[Removed by poster at 02/08/11 23:25:12]

used to mod here never again u get so much hassle no time 4 fun

"used to mod here never again u get so much hassle no time 4 fun

"

Yeah too right we did - and that was just from Admin for doing your job properly .......

» Add a new message to this topic